FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
First Person, CDPR? In this game? Really? Why, in this case, the customization of the character? This is a key point for me, if in this game there will be a first-person view, I 100% will not play it. Goodbye, SDPR. Limit more on the animation ..
I can tell you how to further limit. Remove all the cutscenes in the game, they still do not need anyone
//Sorry, my english very bad. I use google translate.

Do you people realize this is not a new Dark Souls, not a new Witcher or not a new World Of Warcraft?
This is a near future game focused on gunplay. This is like the Deus Ex game, like the System Shock, like the Borderlands.

yes, melee combat works better in third person game. but do you really want to put third person in a world where everyone uses high technology guns?
do you people can think ranged combat works better in first person game?
so, why focus for melee while THIS IS NOT WITCHER 4!!!

Not sure if you know this, but Cyberpunk 2020 has many melee weapons, from more simple things like brass knuckles, knives, swords, axes, to higher tech ones like monowhips, battlegloves, chainknives, monoswords, etc.

Then you have augments, armor, etc. Bullets can still be lethal depending on the weapon but with the right skills you could do well if you focused on stealth and getting in close/being quick with augments.

Ah yes. I like FPP which means I work for CDPR. Also, having different opinion is trolling now. This is your typical argument in every conversation or what?

I don't care what you want from this game. I'm happy with no TPP, because it was only thing I didn't liked in TW3. Adding TPP now, simply because small group of people wants it without any VALID reason would be just a waste of resources and time.
It’s not your resources or time. Release date was confirmed as when it’s ready. Go to another topic. We’re still gonna ask for TPP. Stay and amuse yourself if you like.

I
Wow - This is really over the top. This guy has a view point you do not agree with, but he is just as entitled to represent his viewpoint as you are.
It’s different when your viewpoint is telling someone else why they’re viewpoint shouldn’t matter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to antagonize here but just stating facts : the thing is, FP games are not meant to accomodate 500 persons with motion sickness, because they're the minority in the industry. (I'm generous with the 500 here, I counted as if everyone in the poll answered TPP)

They made a design decision, and whether you like it or not is irrelevant in the light of the vision they're trying to deliver.

They're not rookies, they must have thought somewhere in the process "but what of people who won't like the game in FP?", and the logical answer must have been something along the lines of "We can't please everybody and have to make decisions, also people who can't play because of motion sickness are few, and besides you'll still be able to see you character in your apartment, your inventory, cutscenes and vehicules, that should be enough".

You may think "ok I understand, but in this case can't they just add a toggle for TPP now so that everybody wins?" but that's not that easy to implement, especially towards the end of the development process.

It’s guaranteed to not sell much. It’ll probably sell as much as Far Cry 5. That disaster. They COULD do wayyy better. Obviously the majority says they want TPP so what’s your argument? Are you working on the game? Who are you people to say how much time they have to add something to the game.

Because you value your opinion more doesn't mean it's "the majority". Also, if you browse reddit for example, there are a lot less people complaining about the FP view than here.

FP- First person
Votes: 72 (14.4%)
TP- Third person
Votes: 239 (47.9%)
Really dude???????

"239" is the clue here

As I said if you disagree just exit this topic you’re wasting your own time. You coming with your statistics and screw them demeanor won’t stop us from asking for TPP. Just go to another topic. I pray they see this topic and delay it to work on it, and release it when EVERYONE is happy. Have a nice day.

Ehh - This topic is about the viewpoints people have on TPP and FPP, not about asking for TPP only. People represent their view here, and that's exactly where this topic is for. It's not the "ban FPP" topic you seem to think it is.

Is it official vote? I hope not. CDPR, please, just go the way you think It is right.
Not by a long shot, vocal minority out of a very small sample size. Rarely indicative of anything of worth in the grand scheme of things.

I've been here before. I started an anti-crossbow thread for W3 back in the day.

But that still doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to voice their opinions/concerns of course.

Implementing ideas or even considering changing your plans for the product based on a small sample of consumer feedback is absolutely horrible idea, especially in gaming, where people are usually clueless about the game making process. And even more so if they didn't even see the product.

Implementing ideas or even considering changing your plans for the product based on a small sample of consumer feedback is absolutely horrible idea, especially in gaming, where people are usually clueless about the game making process. And even more so if they didn't even see the product.

I can't upvote this enough

Feature creep and flip-flopping between ideas mid-development is the main reason games die in development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom