Game Freezing when browsing through inventory

+
I have the same Freeze problem it is so annoying that i am thinking about waiting for a patch because it destroys the feeling everytime :( but anyway this game is great so i hope it will get fixed imidiatly :)

Same issue. Latest AMD Catalyst drivers. Doesn't happen all the time, but it does always happen...roughly once an hour or so. If there was a way to quick save, it'd be less annoying having to keep restarting and sometimes having lost a lot of progress (autosave doesn't occur nearly as often as it should, and normal save is so cumbersome I don't do it often).

Forum veteran
Also having this problem. Switching out items isn't always a problem, but sometimes the game freezes. Music continues playing and all that, but I have to force-close it. Seems to happen more frequently when equipping something on Geralt and the animation of him on the right side of the screen moves.

Weirdly enough I managed to solve this issue by disabling controller vibration in the game options. Does everybody here use a controller or have one plugged in while playing the game? If so, I might be onto something or it might be a coincidence. Before I could reproduce the freeze by staying in the inventory for a few minutes and now I managed to play for 3 hours with no freezes.

Also if anybody is using an overclocked card and has problems with crashing/freezing outside of inventory you might try reverting to stock speeds because my otherwise seemingly stable overclock caused issues with this game.

Same here. I am crashing also in the inventory screen. FX9370 /8gb/ GTX 760 2gb / 352.86 Drivers.

Same issue here. Seems random but only happens while in inventory. AMD drivers all updated and also did the usual PC 'check' routine , aka scans, updates, cleanups etc. Nothing seems to relate to it.

Same issue. GTX970. Trying not to spend alot of time in inventory and hit F5 before. Happens aprox once per hour.

Yeah I have the same bug.

I5-2500
GTX 970
8GB RAM

Latest Drivers.

I've heard rolling back to the previous driver helps?

I am experiencing this problem as well. It is not consistent and happens maybe 1/10 times I open the menu to check my inventory or glossary, etc.

May 18th drivers
GTX 970
i5-3570k
8gb ram

Running in borderless window and it doesn't help.

This is happening to me as well. The game initially froze as soon as Vesemir and I killed the first set of Ghouls under the tree. I rebooted as it locked the entire PC up. Once I rebooted I got past the part of looting them all of their remains and I picked up the Crystal Crow skull. Went to check my inventory and it locked up. I ALT-Tabbed out. Killed the game and tried it 4 more times. It freezes every time I open the inventory. The last time I was able to hit the space bar three times for the tutorial to tell me about the tabs at the top of the inventory..it froze there and I came here to report. I just wanted to let you all know. Fantastic and beautifully smooth so far right up to that point. I'll check back often for a workaround. Thanks for your time.Luck and Loot,Mereinid

The ghoul thing, same story.
But i could still close the game, it was just the game that got stuck So taskmanager still worked.

I can also confirm it can get stuck when browsing inventory or "browsing" the tabs, so going from map and then browsing to inventory or meditation etc.

Its fairly rare though.
When it does happen the witcher game screen can sort of "sticky" itself overlaying it across the normal desktop screen making it impossible to select something like taskmanager or another screen.

Start button works like everything else but doesnt do me much good when trying to kill a process.

Same random graphic freeze only while in inventory. Whole game does not freeze just the graphics. Music is still going. Doesnt lock my pc. Can easily go into task manager and close out the game. Murdered a bunch of drowners then tried browsing inventory to check on new loot and this happened.

Similar problem, after hours and hours of playing my game had a blackscreen sound were still going, i alt tabed it then the game terminated itself with no warning or anything, then steam started syching again.

gtx980sli
16 gb ram

Same random graphic freeze only while in inventory. Whole game does not freeze just the graphics. Music is still going. Doesnt lock my pc. Can easily go into task manager and close out the game. Murdered a bunch of drowners then tried browsing inventory to check on new loot and this happened.
Same here i get ramdom freezes like that is frustrating as i cannot play anymore for the fear of having to do the same again and again.

same for me - whenever I browse through inventory and hover over an object too Long (guess tooltip should come up) the game crashes. System: i7 3,7ghz 16GB RAM, SSD, ATI 295x2
Borderless did not do any good. Hardware Cursor is off,

Top Bottom