Game Freezing when browsing through inventory

+
Just wanted to add, that the freezing not only occurs in inventory, but also in character-screen. And just for the sake of completion: Win7 64bit, i5 2500k, GTX760 latest driver, Steamversion, fullscreen, unlimited framerate, hardware cursor and vsync deactivated. I encountered several freezes in inventory (about 4) during 4-5h gameplay + the last freeze in character-screen. I wasn't doing anything in the char-screen, just had it up and was short time afk (maybe 2-3 minutes), when I got back it was frozen.

I had this freezing every 30-40 min, after turning hardware mouse and controller vibration off (Dunno which it was but I don't need either with no controller) I got about 8 hours before it happened again. I thought it was fixed.. so I tried setting the FPS to unlimited as that worked for some people.. I've now played about 12 hours without a freeze.

Easy enough to try, hope it helps some people.
4+ hours now after setting to Unlimited framerate. Right before I made that change it crashed and hasn't since.

It's a memory leak folks - if you play for a long time without going to inventory often - eveything works. If you go into and out of inventory frequently - game will crash often.

I have not had the crash since. I have hardware cursor on, even though im playing with a controller. I did disable the steam overlay and the AMD Raptr service.I also set it to run as admin. Im running on ultra with only 2 settings at high ( I dont remember which. I think shadows are one). I am getting 50 FPS pretty consistently, a little more indoors.I also run timerresolution. I disabled CPU parking (8 core AMD FX8350 OC). I forced Vsync on in my driver, I set textures to performance.I cant get it to run right on Crossfire, but I wasn't expecting to.Radeon 7970 that I have overclocked a decent amount.I spent a lot of time tweaking settings. The game looks really good, I dont have any more slowdowns or twitching. I will see a frame drop every now and then, but it is very minor.

It 's the same for the Bestiary, just after 5 minutes of playing it freezes up. I've had over 10 freezes now after three hours of playing (in inventory, bestiary, alchemy etc.). The game runs very good overall on my system (Win 8.1 64bit , 3570K, 8GB, 7870XT) but this is a major gamebreaker.

Same here. i5 4690 gtx 970 win 8.1.capping the frame rate to 30 seems to help a little. when i run it at 60 it will freeze in the inventory within 10 seconds. even immediately after launching the game.

Same here. i5 4690 gtx 970 win 8.1.capping the frame rate to 30 seems to help a little. when i run it at 60 it will freeze in the inventory within 10 seconds. even immediately after launching the game.
Same with me. Have you tried Unlimited with or without vsync? With or without fullscreen?

Hey, same Problem here. Radeon R9 270X and FX8150 Processor. Tried all the suggestions. Downgrade of Driver, V sync off, Full Screen, Hardware Cusor, Back to 30FPS, Admin Mode ... It's quite Annoying, since I had Problems with Witcher 2 too....

Last edited:
Just adding myself to this list of inventory crashing, i7 4770k oc 4.23ghz / win 8.1 64bit / 32 gig ram / 2 way titan SLI...

Same problem, happened several times already, seems more frequent when I use the inventory more often or if I have the inventory open for some time, I think it also froze once during gameplay, all the freezing requires a computer restart or for me to log out of windows and log back in again.GTX980, i7 5820K @3.30GHz, windows 8.1, latest updates and latest GPU drivers, 16 GB RAM.

I could make the game not crashing out in the inventory by starting it from my game folder ( E:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64 ) starting
the witcher3.exe in administrator mode via right-clicking on it but not with editing the exe to automatically start it in administrator mode cause thats bugged in windows (both in my 7 and 8.1 windows versions) radeon 290 latest drivers win 8.1 NOT RUNNING GOG GALAXY just for patching then turning it off

At the moment, the only solution is to unlock the framerate, any other change does not have any effect.I5 4670, R9 290, 8Gb, W7 x64.

At the moment, the only solution is to unlock the framerate, any other change does not have any effect.I5 4670, R9 290, 8Gb, W7 x64.
Doesn't work. You can't fix this only CDprojekt can. It isn't a nvidia problem. It isn't an ATI problem. It not windows 7 or 8's fault.. Its bug within the PC game that cdprojekts has to fix. Until then wait, there isn't any work around it is a broken game. You have to wait for the next patch and hopefuly they fixed it.

I try that , but nothing is working at the moment for me.Try to play for 3 hour today ,and i have around 6 or 7 crashes!!!!!!!!!.Very disappointing at the moment, for now i just have to wait for the solution from CD Pro or NVidia, ( or for the enhanced edition ! :(.........)
* My Rig is 3570K ,8GB RAm and GTX770.
I was trying everything except to roll back the GTA driver or some older version .
Maybe tomorrow i will try this and if i have some kind of improvement i will tell you immediately !!!
Very angry at the moment , just want to play ,but for now this is not possible , to much trouble for little game time .

I am crashing constantly and it seems random....Video or gameplay....I hope a patch comes quick AMD 8350FX GTX970 16gb Ram

Aaand same here. Done this weird inventory freeze 2 times and now it crashed straight to desktop when riding horse somewhere ways below Novigrad. Using fullscreen mode.
I5 2500k, gtx 980, newest nvidia driver.

the game crash when you leave the mouse cursor for a moment in the inventory (reading a book or something like that), the only solution is to move the mouse all the time xD this worked for me.

Just chiming in, I have this issue as well. Extremely irritating. I have to make sure to save before using my inventory.

Top Bottom