Game is highly frustrating for new players

+
Wow so much complains.. someone just pointed out the new player experience is same in other ccg s and if you expect to be easy that means you don t deserve to have all the cards. Don t be such kids and complaint every time because i am sick of those complaints. If you want i have a second accounsld with no many cards, add me to show you with basic cards how to play.. my god
add alexandrutz

Azdru;n9659891 said:
As I already said, I don´t think your points are valid. And I also don´t think it is fair that you try to sell your personal experience as advocatory statements for those ominous new players on whose behalf you claim to speak. Everything you describe points to personal issues with a CCG-like game and the concept of Gwent itself.

My experience was great so far and I refuse to have you talk in my name. I AM one of the new players whose experience is affected by changes.
I know this is anecdotal and maybe not representative but I feel the need to present a counterpoint to your arguments.

If this is what a new player can achieve in a week, what reason is there to be frustrated?

So the RNG favored you. Congratulations. So far RNG has not been kind to me.

TheRedWatcher;n9659941 said:
So the RNG favored you. Congratulations. So far RNG has not been kind to me.
Its not about RNG, its about you wanting everything for free as fast as possible without need to spend time/money or actually playing well.

nivellen75;n9660381 said:
Its not about RNG, its about you wanting everything for free as fast as possible without need to spend time/money or actually playing well.

Excuse me.

That is quite the assumption to make about other players. I never said anything about wanting anything fast. In fact I am Rank 10 now and level 22 or something like that. I put a lot of time and effort into my deck creations. And I have won most of my matches. Except for the few that my archetype is weak against. Each deck has their weakness to another faction. It's going to happen. I still will work for it. But it's very underwhelming when I get 2 silvers, out of the 4 kegs I opened today. I opened 5 yesterday and 6 the day before.

TheRedWatcher;n9660471 said:
Excuse me.

That is quite the assumption to make about other players. I never said anything about wanting anything fast. In fact I am Rank 10 now and level 22 or something like that. I put a lot of time and effort into my deck creations. And I have won most of my matches. Except for the few that my archetype is weak against. Each deck has their weakness to another faction. It's going to happen. I still will work for it. But it's very underwhelming when I get 2 silvers, out of the 4 kegs I opened today. I opened 5 yesterday and 6 the day before.

Well that's your opinion. I think it is not underwhelming to get two silvers out of four kegs. That's a fifty percent silver rate for this day. Or did you mean two silvers out of the four of today and the eleven the day before?
Anyways, I think the kegs are quite generous. For me collecting is part of the fun and if I would have gotten all silvers quite fast it would have reduced the fun for me. Speaking of which, I can assure you, if you play for your 2-3 kegs a day and rank up to get the season end rewards, you will come to point where you have enough ore to craft all cards you want. I'm at this point and I liked the beginning more where I didn't had so much ressources and really had to think what to craft...
We need a bigger card pool :p

Last edited:
General17491;n9660571 said:
Well that's your opinion. I think it is not underwhelming to get two silvers out of four kegs. That's a fifty percent silver rate for this day. Or did you mean two silvers out of the four of today and the eleven the day before?
Anyways, I think the kegs are quite generous. For me collecting is part of the fun and if I would have gotten all silvers quite fast it would have reduced the fun for me. Speaking of which, I can assure you, if you play for your 2-3 kegs a day and rank up to get the season end rewards, you will come to point where you have enough ore to craft all cards you want. I'm at this point and I liked the beginning where I didn't had so much ressources more I think...
We need a bigger card pool :p

I meant out of the eleven the other day. It was just duplicates of what I have. I am not saying I am unhappy with it. In fact I like Gwent and still do the work. Else I would have stopped playing. But you do get to this point where your deck is this weird mix of shit cards and dead draws because you can't pull a decent good card. I am already crafting the silvers I wanted to get. I'm just throwing it out there, there is that point where you get to a certain level and are playing higher level people who have the golds and silvers they need to pull a decent deck. And you just know from a card game standpoint there is some synergy issues in your deck to actively compete.

TheRedWatcher;n9660471 said:
Excuse me.

so you are just "mimimimi"ing about the cards you get?
15 kegs -> 2 silvers
15kegs -> 73 crads (-2silver)
lets say the rest ist "bad" 60 garbage cards -> 600 dust
+ 13 blue cards (again -2silver) -> 520 dust(?)

so 15 kegs -> 2silvers and 1120 dust...
so what the hell are you complaining about?
1000dust are 5 silvers or 2gold + 1 silver
sry but when this is "underwhelming" to you... go away CCG´s are not for you
or play hearthstone for some time THATS a "underwhelming" new player experience!

Yup, around lvl 50 you are able to get full collection. Around lvl 30 you should have like 3 viable decks, imo CDPR is too much generous

Cears;n9660601 said:
so you are just "mimimimi"ing about the cards you get?
15 kegs -> 2 silvers
15kegs -> 73 crads (-2silver)
lets say the rest ist "bad" 60 garbage cards -> 600 dust
+ 13 blue cards (again -2silver) -> 520 dust(?)

so 15 kegs -> 2silvers and 1120 dust...
so what the hell are you complaining about?
1000dust are 5 silvers or 2gold + 1 silver
sry but when this is "underwhelming" to you... go away CCG´s are not for you
or play hearthstone for some time THATS a "underwhelming" new player experience!

The trouble isn't what I get. The trouble comes in trying to play competitively against other decks.

TheRedWatcher;n9660661 said:
The trouble isn't what I get. The trouble comes in trying to play competitively against other decks.

You said you have won most of your matches in an earlier post.
Well, normally you should be able to build a decent deck for rank 10 with most of the starter cards. If you play casual you can be matched against higher opponents. If you play ranked you should have no problem if you have a decent deck. You don't even need a positive winrate to rank up.

If you show us your deck we may help.

General17491;n9660691 said:
Well, normally you should be able to build a decent deck for rank 10 with most of the starter cards. If you play casual you can be matched against higher opponents. If you play ranked you should have no problem if you have a decent deck. You don't even need a positive winrate to rank up.

The problem is one needs to reach lvl 10 to play Ranked.

Casual now has the same strong decks as 4000+ MMR (spelltael, dagon consume/carryover, restore/dorregaray discard skellige). For that reason I now play Pro League as casual: more deck variety and less netdecks.

Gwent desperately needs a mode like arena/draft, so new players have better chances in catching up in card quality. And veteran players get a chance to move away from the meta once in a while.
Every single CCG out there has some kind of draft mode, I have no idea why CDPR won't introduce it into Gwent.

It could be a draft 25 cards mode where the 1st, 5th, 10th and 20th cards are gold, the 3rd, 7th, 13th, 17th, 23rd, 25th are silvers. It could either be choose 1 of 3 or 1 of 5. And faction cards would be more common than neutrals (say, 70% chance for a faction).

Yes, card synergy is important in Gwent, so draft decks would be much weaker or even weird, but this is true for other CCGs. And it works there!

Last edited:
General17491;n9660691 said:
You said you have won most of your matches in an earlier post.

If you show us your deck we may help.

As said I am doing the best I can. With what I have. As said it's not the rewards that's the issue. It's when someone plays Tigor Eggetbracht and I am like ugh.

TheRedWatcher;n9660731 said:
... It's when someone plays Tigor Eggetbracht and I am like ugh.

Well, don't want to be rude, but you are the only one in this meta.

partci;n9660921 said:
Well, don't want to be rude, but you are the only one in this meta.

What I mean when I say that, and give me a few here it is 4 am in the morning so I am a little tired. What I mean is that I am still at the awkward step child phase. Where I am still collecting cards and someone throws something up I don't see people I have been fighting use. And I am like, shit. That's all. Is that I know I can win because I at least get them in 1 round, but I just don't have the cards to do so or I am 1 single point off.

njmcshane;n9603261 said:
Some people are only interested in one or two decks. Myself I have always played monsters. The other decks don't interest me. Why is that a problem? :

Because there a cheap weather spamming faction that requires little or no skill.

Bookworm1987;n9661791 said:
Is it even possible to play using the premade starter decks? I kept getting hit with spy type cards against nilgaard

It's tough at the beginning. Casual does indeed seem to be full of high-level, experienced players with top-quality decks (Spy Nilfgaard being one of the top decks at the moment, as far as I know).

But just keep playing, don't get depressed by losses and eventually you'll have enough resources to build a good deck of your own. Gwent is very generous with rewards, as you've possibly already noticed. :)

(Quoting in this thread to keep the other one on topic.)

Last edited:
TheRedWatcher;n9660981 said:
someone throws something up I don't see people I have been fighting use. .

You punched them too hard.

Seriously though, that's because a lot of those cards you haven't seen suck, Tibor especially. You should've seen him at the start of OB, now that was an awesome experience, throwing up was a common urge. The rest of your complaint is something everyone goes through, be they new or old players.

For me, the problem at the start wasn't even lack of silvers and golds, it was absence of bronzes, since I didn't want to mill non-duplicates. But still, patience and persistence and one bronze, silver, gold at a time, got me through.

Last edited:
quantum_number;n9662011 said:
You punched them too hard.

Seriously though, that's because a lot of those cards you haven't seen suck, Tibor especially. You should've seen him at the start of OB, now that was an awesome experience, throwing up was a common urge. The rest of your complaint is something everyone goes through, be they new or old players.

For me, the problem at the start wasn't even lack of silvers and golds, it was absence of bronzes, since I didn't want to mill non-duplicates. But still, patience and persistence and one bronze, silver, gold at a time, got me through.

And don't get me wrong. I am going through it. I am still playing the game. And will continue to play the game. I don't want anything fast. I don't mind getting a new card and making the deck better and better every time.

Top Bottom