Game Issues Thread

+
Hmm. Do you have a code? Because my friend had to go. You could PM me the game name and I'd try to join. Or another member can PM me I don't mind.

@Rafal Jaki

Problem still exists, we waited a couple of minutes before the second player loaded. Also we are experiencing some problems in the public matchmaking. We are both in queue and can't seem to find one another. Or anyone else.

The match making problem might have something to do with Alt-Tabbing. If I sit in the game and watch the matchmaking screen I seem to get matches.

Last edited:
We’ve just finished a two player game with Dandelion and Triss (rest of the guys left the game early) and experienced the following issues and interesting matter:

- As somebody mentioned this before, the tutorial is really too long to remember everything, plus the ingame Help menu is not available at the moment.
- My opponent’s cards flashed up for a moment every time he drew them, but it happened so quickly that I couldn’t read them at all.
- It was also mentioned before that it’s quite boring that I cannot see what other players do in their rounds (I know, you're already working on this). Moreover, I couldn’t find any possibilities to see my own stuff during the other players’ turn (number of collected leads, proofs, available actions and so on), so that I could already think about my next possible actions.
- It happened that the other player could click on my quest card and see what it says, and he couldn’t close it but had to wait until it closes itself, but then never again. I myself couldn’t click on any of his cards.
- The mechanics of resolving some investigation cards are a bit strange for me. For example one of the investigation cards said that I have to roll three times and if I roll success, I get a certain lead. The first time after I tossed my die, I had to click on the END button. I was afraid that this would end my whole action, so for a while I tried clicking everywhere else on the board to avoid that. :) After I clicked on it I saw that it only ends that one turn of tossing the die, but it still sounded strange, so I would rather rename that END button into something else – if there’s a possibility. It could be e.g. RESOLVE or PROCEED or something similar.
- During one fight I accidentally clicked on my only development card which changed one of my swords into 3 shields (if I remember well). I didn’t do that on purpose, so it would be great to also have a possibility to approve the use of a development card before it resolves (having e.g. the same buttons like when you are about to choose an action to resolve, or when the game asks if you really want use your “dodge” result to turn a sword into a shield).
- It’s interesting that you can put tokens separately on Travel and Fast Travel while you cannot do both in one turn. Are you sure, those shouldn’t be treated as one and have only one space to put those tokens on? Not that I mind, because it makes the game much easier, it's just thematically strange.
- If there’s a wound on one of my actions, I cannot see if there’s a foul fate token on it, because they are on top of each other. I know that I cannot use that action anyway, but if I have many wounds and I have to decide which one to heal, it would be nice to know which can cause me trouble in the future, because then maybe I would choose another one to heal.
- Healing at Duén Canell didn’t work for any of us (we tried couple of times), but it did in Ellander for both of us.
- I couldn’t always see my opponent travelling and for many rounds I saw him standing in one place (Mahakam), while he left that location a long time ago and travelled around the whole board. I wanted to try to trade with him, but this made it impossible. This is definitely a bug.
- I was surprised when an investigation card asked me to discard one of my lead tokens of the three colors and when I – out of curiosity – clicked on the color of which I didn’t have any leads, it exchanged one of my proof of the same color into leads again and took away one of them. Mathematically it’s fine, but I thought that once I “exchanged” leads for a proof (automatically), I cannot lose it anymore. It was quite painful because I was just about to finish a main quest and that caught me by surprise. Should it work like that? This seems thematically weird. I just clicked on that color to see if the game warns me that I don’t have such color of lead to discard so I should choose another one. Well, it didn’t.
- One of the foul fates or monsters said that “each hero gets a foul fate”, but my opponent didn’t get any. Unfortunately I didn’t take a closer look and I don’t know if the card or monster added “in your region” or something similar, so maybe it’s not a bug, but you should rather check if there is anything like that in the piles of foul fate cards or monsters and if this feature works at all when it's another players turn.

The result of the game was (if I remember the numbers well): Dandelion: 22, Triss: 40

For me, the game is always waiting for other players - just endless wait. Also, tried to create private game with a specific name, but the other person could not join it. When the other person entered this name, a new game was created.

So, for the moment I cannot even get into the gameplay =)

We’ve just finished a two player game with Dandelion and Triss (rest of the guys left the game early) and experienced the following issues and interesting matter:

- As somebody mentioned this before, the tutorial is really too long to remember everything, plus the ingame Help menu is not available at the moment.
- My opponent’s cards flashed up for a moment every time he drew them, but it happened so quickly that I couldn’t read them at all.
- It was also mentioned before that it’s quite boring that I cannot see what other players do in their rounds (I know, you're already working on this). Moreover, I couldn’t find any possibilities to see my own stuff during the other players’ turn (number of collected leads, proofs, available actions and so on), so that I could already think about my next possible actions.
- It happened that the other player could click on my quest card and see what it says, and he couldn’t close it but had to wait until it closes itself, but then never again. I myself couldn’t click on any of his cards.
- The mechanics of resolving some investigation cards are a bit strange for me. For example one of the investigation cards said that I have to roll three times and if I roll success, I get a certain lead. The first time after I tossed my die, I had to click on the END button. I was afraid that this would end my whole action, so for a while I tried clicking everywhere else on the board to avoid that. :) After I clicked on it I saw that it only ends that one turn of tossing the die, but it still sounded strange, so I would rather rename that END button into something else – if there’s a possibility. It could be e.g. RESOLVE or PROCEED or something similar.
- During one fight I accidentally clicked on my only development card which changed one of my swords into 3 shields (if I remember well). I didn’t do that on purpose, so it would be great to also have a possibility to approve the use of a development card before it resolves (having e.g. the same buttons like when you are about to choose an action to resolve, or when the game asks if you really want use your “dodge” result to turn a sword into a shield).
- It’s interesting that you can put tokens separately on Travel and Fast Travel while you cannot do both in one turn. Are you sure, those shouldn’t be treated as one and have only one space to put those tokens on? Not that I mind, because it makes the game much easier, it's just thematically strange.
- If there’s a wound on one of my actions, I cannot see if there’s a foul fate token on it, because they are on top of each other. I know that I cannot use that action anyway, but if I have many wounds and I have to decide which one to heal, it would be nice to know which can cause me trouble in the future, because then maybe I would choose another one to heal.
- Healing at Duén Canell didn’t work for any of us (we tried couple of times), but it did in Ellander for both of us.
- I couldn’t always see my opponent travelling and for many rounds I saw him standing in one place (Mahakam), while he left that location a long time ago and travelled around the whole board. I wanted to try to trade with him, but this made it impossible. This is definitely a bug.
- I was surprised when an investigation card asked me to discard one of my lead tokens of the three colors and when I – out of curiosity – clicked on the color of which I didn’t have any leads, it exchanged one of my proof of the same color into leads again and took away one of them. Mathematically it’s fine, but I thought that once I “exchanged” leads for a proof (automatically), I cannot lose it anymore. It was quite painful because I was just about to finish a main quest and that caught me by surprise. Should it work like that? This seems thematically weird. I just clicked on that color to see if the game warns me that I don’t have such color of lead to discard so I should choose another one. Well, it didn’t.
- One of the foul fates or monsters said that “each hero gets a foul fate”, but my opponent didn’t get any. Unfortunately I didn’t take a closer look and I don’t know if the card or monster added “in your region” or something similar, so maybe it’s not a bug, but you should rather check if there is anything like that in the piles of foul fate cards or monsters and if this feature works at all when it's another players turn.

The result of the game was (if I remember the numbers well): Dandelion: 22, Triss: 40

We are checking one by one - many thanks for taking the time to post this :)

And FYI the next update will include some smaller fixes like typos, and stability and blocker problems ( should be live early next week ). Then we plan to follow with a bigger one that will include a new spectator mode as we call it - so bringing to the passive player more info and action :)

Had one nasty right now. Was having a battle and I had a three sword slot to fill

On the dice, I got two white swords, one empty white, two golden shields and one golden move arrow and shield.

I used the two swords on the corresponding slots and I was goin to change the move arrow and shield to a sword, but the game didn't let me and I became stuck. No way to reverse my actions. I was chatting with my beta collegue about the bug and suddenly the game crashed.

Well, beta games are like that. But I would like to know about this slot and sword problem.

I also think that the game needs a better tutorial. Maybe a while you play one, with scripited outcomes and so on. It's a bit confusing the actual tutorial

A question. I have a beta key left ( as I pre ordered on Gog) and none of my friend want it. I want to give it away here on the forums. I can do that?

Now our game completely crashed, I couldn't even roll the dice to decide who should be the first player. Only saw the blurry background without any buttons.
And now we have problems with matchmaking, part of the players stayed in the lobby but the game started and showed as if they would be playing too... weird. (I've already updated.)

2 issues so far

first one getting kicked out of a lobby if one person leaves. It's a bit infuriating. Second game crashed after trying to go into another game after this issue i have crash report but no idea where to send it.

There seems to be some issues with the chat system. I can see multiple chats. Some other players also have that issue. No strigas yet.

@Rafal Jaki

It would appear that you were right about the Private Games. I made my brother help me with it, he waited around 15 seconds and he managed to get in the lobby.

Last edited:
I have just tried the game. Visually and soundwise the it is perfect. I won't mention typos as lots of people have already said that :)
I would like to say some things about using class combat cards during battles with mobs, though. My deck in the latest match included 8 development cards. Sometimes during battles all 8 were shown, and sometimes - only 4 or 5 were shown, and i had to move cursor around the screen so that the other cards could appear. I would also appreciate if it was possible to choose a card not by moving the cursor, but by clicking A-D buttons for inctance :)
Also I would like to point out that it would be logical for a game to end the match if 3 players (out of 4) left. It gets a bit boring when only you play, and there is no competition either from other players or an AI :)

Game sometimes freezes in a battle - the dices selected moves and then sticks. Cannot click on it, forcing game restart.

I just experienced a bug where i completed my battle quest as the last action of my turn. As a result of completing the quest i had a battle, then won it and got delayed then my location was changed to another city like it was stated in the quest description. But i did not receive points for my quest and the quest card didn't go away. I just had a quest card with all main and side quests complete and when i would click on the quest card it would disappear for the rest of the turn only to reappear the turn thereafter.

Just had a problem where I looked at the monster cards of a region during the turn of the player before me. I got locked there while the other player finished their turn. They saw that it was my turn, but I couldn't do anything and so, the game was locked.

View attachment 4523

Attachments

• TheWitcherAdventureGame 2014-07-04 21-51-57-98.jpg
    TheWitcherAdventureGame 2014-07-04 21-51-57-98.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 86
  • TheWitcherAdventureGame 2014-07-04 21-51-57-98.jpg
    TheWitcherAdventureGame 2014-07-04 21-51-57-98.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 104
Listing some more issues while waiting to join a game:

- I cannot click on my own info while choosing from two Quest cards. It would be important to see the exchange rate of the leads and proof, would make the decision making easier.
- Same case when I’m about to choose a development card: it would be nice to have a possibility to take a look at the cards I already have, because e.g. Geralt has some Medallions which must be switched if I already have one of them (as far as I know), and I cannot decide if the new one is better than the one I already have (except if I check it before I click on Development action, but I’m usually not that far-seeing).
- At one point I was about to draw a Good fortune card. The text said Good fortune card, then it showed the back of a Foul fate card, and afterwards it revealed the Good fortune card I got. There was obviously some mix-up here.
- I don’t know how the rules should work exactly, but when one of the players wanted to use Fast travel, he couldn’t go from Brokilon to Cintra, i.e. combining travel on land and water, although he had some coins to pay with. Is that on purpose?
- Geralt had a development card which can be used “once per battle”, he used it for a battle in one round, but he couldn’t use it in the same round when resolving an obstacle (fighting a monster). Since that counts a battle too, I think he should have been able to use it again.
- Sometimes it happened, that we still have been in the lobby, it said that there were 4 players, but it only showed two names, two empty spaces separated by commas and we couldn’t start the game (somebody already mentioned this in the GOG forum, but I thought I'm mentioning it here too).
- It’s really difficult to differentiate the regions from each other. It’s also difficult to see, what kind of obstacles are in the certain regions. The banners and little monster head icons are nicely visible, but it’s hard to see which region they belong to.

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for beta access.

I just tried two online matches against random people and in the first one I zoomed in on my opponent's quest card whilst it was their turn. There was no way to zoom back out. I had to quit.

Second game, I zoomed in on a creature card (? it was Geralt's medallion on the table) during my opponent's turn and again there was no way to zoom out. I had to quit.

Seems like zooming in on anything when it isn't your turn is currently a bad idea.

GOG version of the game here. Experienced a text layout bug where the text that displays at the bottom of a quest card spills out off the bottom of the card graphic. I'll take a screenshot next time it happens if someone can let me know how to take a screenshot. I tried the common F12 key and PrintScr but neither seemed to work. I also tried launching the galaxy client + game from within the Steam client in hopes I might be able to use Steam's overlay and take a screenshot that way. Got the game to start up from within Steam client no problem but the screenshot functionality didn't work.

Thanks in advance fellas.

After rolling the dice, the drag and drop function for them can be very finicky at certain times, it definitely needs to be smoothened out.

You can double click on the dice and it'll move the die to the appropriate spot. Not as nice as having a one button press for all the dice but it's a start. :)

You can double click on the dice and it'll move the die to the appropriate spot. Not as nice as having a one button press for all the dice but it's a start. :)
That certainly helps, thanks!

Among other things, cards that your opponents play go by too fast, would be nice if it was slowed down so we can read them too. Maybe an ability to view them after they received said cards as well.

Hi

I have been playing a 3 Quest game that crashed in Round 10. Where/how do I submit the crash folder, please? I tried to attach a zip file of the folder to this post but it exceeds the size limit for the forum.

I had finished my turn and was chatting with the other players when the music stuttered and then continued but I could no longer click in the chat box or even the Quit buttonn. When I tabbed out of the game I found a small window with a message advising that the game had crashed.

Last edited:
Ugh! Yeah, another player and I had a game that was neck and neck and the turn before it all would have been decided...froze on the Roll Dice screen :/

Top Bottom