Game or Game series you wish CDPR Got their hands on first?

+
Yeah I'd kinda like to see them try their own IP at some point, like bioware did with Mass Effect back in the day.

Its double edged sword, imho. To build IP takes long long time. One option is use dudes like Mike. So far its working quite nicely, players are hyped up for Cyberpunk, and they dont even know what to expect surely. Im actually quite impressed how much thought has been put into Cyberpunk over the years.

They should continue the shit out of the cyberpunk franchise.
As for most of the forementioned franchises. CDPR is never going to get the license for any of them. Why? because they make good, gamer friendly games. Mostof the mentioned franchises requires the devs to "create" a 30minutes of gameplay, loot box (I'm sorry, surprise mechanics) ridden monstrocities made of reused assets from previous games. Just add a cyber woman to WW2 game, and it's all fine and dandy. Not that I have anything against cyber women, just chck my avatar :)
They could try to ressurect another franchise. Twilight 2000/2300AD? Warhammer WFRP? (it's still #1 in Poland when it comes to PnP RPG. There're several very interesting polish fantasy universes that could use more foreign attention as the Witcher did. Also: Terminator: Open World RPG. And never, ever go multiplayer. Just don't.

They should continue the shit out of the cyberpunk franchise.
As for most of the forementioned franchises. CDPR is never going to get the license for any of them. Why? because they make good, gamer friendly games. Mostof the mentioned franchises requires the devs to "create" a 30minutes of gameplay, loot box (I'm sorry, surprise mechanics) ridden monstrocities made of reused assets from previous games. Just add a cyber woman to WW2 game, and it's all fine and dandy. Not that I have anything against cyber women, just chck my avatar :)
They could try to ressurect another franchise. Twilight 2000/2300AD? Warhammer WFRP? (it's still #1 in Poland when it comes to PnP RPG. There're several very interesting polish fantasy universes that could use more foreign attention as the Witcher did. Also: Terminator: Open World RPG. And never, ever go multiplayer. Just don't.
Well, Cyberpunk 2077 will most likely have multiplayer sooooooo

In the end, they're a publicly traded company. That will influence decisions and push for profitability. Just the way the world works. Right now could be CDPR's golden age.

What I would really like, would be a CDPR-style mature detective-RPG, something like LA Noire, only better and more complex, an open-world in (maybe historical) city-setting, with multiple outcomes. And it would be cool, if the city would evolve over time, maybe time jumps of 2-3 years, when you solve a major case, seeing consequences of your deeds later in the game...
I think, the 1910s/20s in a major European city would be an interesting and under-used setting.

What if you could be famous in a game? Stuff you do gets on news, people make songs about you etc. You are followed by paparazzis. That would make quite interesting game if asked from me. If you do screw up something, it gets everywhere in the game. Really a game where quests has more weight on them.

What if you could be famous in a game? Stuff you do gets on news, people make songs about you etc. You are followed by paparazzis. That would make quite interesting game if asked from me.

Like a Johnny Silverhand-playable character DLC for Cyberpunk 2077? ;)

This isn't because I think this franchise would work well with CDPR's usual style, but purely because it's a franchise that has tried and failed to make a good video game over the years and as a huge huge fan I need a big developer to take hold of it ASAP.

Doctor Who. My love for this franchise is unending, and every video game attempt has been hot trash thus far :( I hoped for a telltale style Doctor Who game for so long but we all know what happened there. Just give me a good Doctor Who game damnit, any developer, pleaseeeee.

Realistically, I'd like to wait and see just how well this turns out before I go handing them the keys to every kingdom...that being said, if CDPR gets Cyberpunk 2077 right maybe they should stick with Pondsmith and R. Talsorian Games and bring one of his other PnP creations to life, Mekton. It'd be pretty interesting to see a Polish developer's take on an RPG heavily influenced by Japanese anime about giant mech pilots.

Then, if they just want to lighten the mood and get a little weird, they could take a crack at yet another one of Pondsmith's games, Teenagers From Outer Space. And if they want a break from Pondsmith but like the idea of bringing interesting PnP games to videogame format, I'd like for them to take a crack at a classic, Bureau 13.

Realistically, I'd like to wait and see just how well this turns out before I go handing them the keys to every kingdom...that being said, if CDPR gets Cyberpunk 2077 right maybe they should stick with Pondsmith and R. Talsorian Games and bring one of his other PnP creations to life, Mekton. It'd be pretty interesting to see a Polish developer's take on an RPG heavily influenced by Japanese anime about giant mech pilots.

Then, if they just want to lighten the mood and get a little weird, they could take a crack at yet another one of Pondsmith's games, Teenagers From Outer Space. And if they want a break from Pondsmith but like the idea of bringing interesting PnP games to videogame format, I'd like for them to take a crack at a classic, Bureau 13.

We already know they have another triple A gaming coming before 2021.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/23/cd-projekt-red-cyberpunk-2077-unannounced-aaa-rpg-release-by-2021/

So the cards has been played for CDPR now. After these I believe they go dark for 5 year or so sadly. I would consider series, what they could pump every 2-3 year myself, just to stay on radar etc, closer to 2 year, the better.

Last edited:
a Hiveworld rpg set in the warhammer 40k universe

I am literally drafting design documentation with the intention of getting it to cdpr. its a framework that is challenging because of scale and allows for creative freedom. bit of horror, action, hi-tech, magic (psionics), verticality and more.

I don't know frankly... Apart from The Witcher games, we still don't know how CP77 will be. I think that I need to see at least two completed games to have an idea of what licence CDPR could possibly work on.

I think the best would be for them to make their own original product. But maybe that's not their wish so in case of that, what I'm sure of is that they're good at making fantasy videogame adaptations at least.

Top Bottom