Game registration - problems and solutions here

+
??? I can't find it. Is it on the back of the HUGE manual, or did you guys get another paper separate from it? My manual doesn't have a code on it, anywhere... wondering wtf... lol Anyone else have a similar issue?

borisus said:
??? I can't find it. Is it on the back of the HUGE manual, or did you guys get another paper separate from it? My manual doesn't have a code on it, anywhere... wondering wtf... lol Anyone else have a similar issue?
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 :beer: :beer:

I love you (in a brotherly way) ;) :) :beer:You are the man!Finally thanks to your FAQ I'm getting the EE to install and can be a Witcher again.My password having a "&" in the middle of it was the problem I do believe.Fixed now, currently updating, woohoo.

i upgraded to windows 7 and had to reinstall the witcher but now it wont let me register it to get the updates cause the web tells me is has already been registered but i can't update or play it without regiering what can i do

Look at this topic, maybe you find the answer there http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21633.0

sly72 said:
mine is telling me it has been registered under another name
you did not have multiple accounts ? did you get the mail confirmation that you registered your game in the past ?if so do email and descripe your issues to support@thewitcher.com

Hello,I have instaled TW on my computer. I have OS windows 7. I have encountered problems with instalation of Enhanced edition pack. Everytime when I want to install TWEE_Upgrade.exe I have same problems with Registration check. It tells me that I HAVE TO REGISTER GAME BEFORE I CAN UPDATE TO EE..... I have cookies enabled in IE n Firefox too n I am loged in on my acc at thewitcher.com and I have registered copy of game. Is there any solution?

A version 1.0.0.1103. Upgrading to 1.3.0.1198 installed without problems Bradmauer disabled. Download update 1.4 TWEE_Upgrade.exe and TWEE_Russian_language_pack.exe. Placed in one folder as it is written in the FAQ. I start TWEE_Upgrade.exe, requires activation via the Internet, long hanging, and then displays "unable to connect to the Internet. And judging by the monitor never goes to the network. Version is registered, letter of confirmation of registration with the site thewitcher.com received. Internet through a router, may need to open some ports on the input?

Ralen said:
A version 1.0.0.1103. Upgrading to 1.3.0.1198 installed without problems Bradmauer disabled. Download update 1.4 TWEE_Upgrade.exe and TWEE_Russian_language_pack.exe. Placed in one folder as it is written in the FAQ. I start TWEE_Upgrade.exe, requires activation via the Internet, long hanging, and then displays "unable to connect to the Internet. And judging by the monitor never goes to the network. Version is registered, letter of confirmation of registration with the site thewitcher.com received. Internet through a router, may need to open some ports on the input?
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 on some tips ( like Safe Mode with Network, no Antivir/Firewal/, Correct timezone etc ) and retry later...maybe the servers were offline or something
Ralen said:
Hello,I have instaled TW on my computer. I have OS windows 7. I have encountered problems with instalation of Enhanced edition pack. Everytime when I want to install TWEE_Upgrade.exe I have same problems with Registration check. It tells me that I HAVE TO REGISTER GAME BEFORE I CAN UPDATE TO EE..... I have cookies enabled in IE n Firefox too n I am loged in on my acc at thewitcher.com and I have registered copy of game. Is there any solution?
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 see the TIMEZONE settings

Wonder if anyone else has this problem but...How do I un-register the game? Do I have to delete my forum account? I couldn't find answer to this. I need to unregister because I might give away my copy of Witcher to my friend. Can he register it then as his own?

TheSeventhSeal said:
Wonder if anyone else has this problem but...How do I un-register the game? Do I have to delete my forum account? I couldn't find answer to this. I need to unregister because I might give away my copy of Witcher to my friend. Can he register it then as his own?
send an email to support@thewitcher.com and explain them

I'm running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit, installed The Witcher from a download from Atari, when I try to register after logging in the game it says:You must be logged on to use this feature, please enable cookies in internet explorerHuh?

alan252576 said:
I'm running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit, installed The Witcher from a download from Atari, when I try to register after logging in the game it says:You must be logged on to use this feature, please enable cookies in internet explorerHuh?
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 see the Time Settings thing

Not sure what section this belongs in, but oh well.Here goes.I Have installed my copy of the witcher (successfully and legitimately) But when I try to register it I get to the point where I have to send the CD Key. When I press Send after entering the key, a message pops up saying "You need to be logged in to use this feature. Please enable cookies in Internet Explorer"The thing is, I DID log in, and I DO have cookies enabled on Internet explorer. I have no idea what the problem could be and I was wondering if you all knew? (also, I did contact support as well as posting here)EDIT: Man do I feel like an idiot. I meant to put this in the PC forum... not the console. If someone could do me the kind favor of moving this please?

We also have a (huge) in-game tech forum ;)Many players have this problem. The FAQ has a solution. Look for "Q: The REGISTER.EXE keeps failing to register or Patch says i need to register my game".If it doesn't help. squeeze the search feature with "cookies" in in-game tech forum, you get many results. If it doesn't helt, start your own thread in in-game tech and mention all attempts you have done so far.GL :beer:

Ok, now my problem seems to be that "This key has been used by a different user" Which is honestly a bunch of bull because I used THIS account to register this game the first time, but if you look at my profile it says I don't have any registered games. This MIGHT be caused by the fact that I wiped my hard drive without uninstalling the game... not sure. and now I don't know what to do anymore.

Morgue said:
Ok, now my problem seems to be that "This key has been used by a different user" Which is honestly a bunch of bull because I used THIS account to register this game the first time, but if you look at my profile it says I don't have any registered games. This MIGHT be caused by the fact that I wiped my hard drive without uninstalling the game... not sure. and now I don't know what to do anymore.
the game deletion has nothing to do with the registrationsend an email to support@thewitcher.com

I solved my problem, It turns out that the new account I made (because I forgot I had this one) has my copy of the witcher registered to it. so yeah, I got it donbe and I acan't wait to play again.

Top Bottom