Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
Ahah! excellent! thanks for telling me, didnt know that! redpoint fo u!
This explain a number of things!

Yep, no pre-set class/stat/skill sets, you get X number of stat points to distribute as you see fit, Y number of skill points to do the same. The skill sets you choose to put those points into Solo (i.e. "Fighter"), Netrunner ("Hacker"), or Tech (i.e. electronics & mechanics) sort of determines your "class" in that whichever of the three skill sets you've invested most heavily in determines what you can do in regard to combat, hacking, or "MacGyver".

I'm not sure if it's modified by background or not, to be honest. For now, all that's been confirmed in that regard is that backgrounds have an impact on the game's story... Not sure if it has an impact on actual gameplay or stats.
At the moment we have no indication that backgrounds have any effect whatsoever on stats/skills, it's purely a matter of (probably) starting contacts and perhaps "social class" (i.e. Corp, street, nomad, whatever) and personal life history (former cop, corp, military, gangster, etc.).

Last edited:
I actually think a difference between genders could be interesting. So males might get more strength, females better reflexes. However with only 6 primary stats, I think the potential for an interesting character creator would be slightly pointless. Looking through the game play demo, each characteristics (Sorry if I jump to conclusion) seems pretty weak. Shooting seems to rely on how well you are at aiming, maybe there will be a damage bonus. Hacking, when V does it, seems to just be a straight up check vs your tech level. I mean all the RPG elements from what I, at least, have seen so far seems to be secondary with little to no depth to them, when compared to just being a full blown action focused game of lets shoot everything up and keep the RPG elements simple and focused on story instead.

My biggest concern with Cyberpunk is that its to action focused. From what I can see in the demo in regards to RPG elements, I would almost go as far as to say, that I think you could remove all the primary stats from the game and just replaced them with items. So when V is doing hacking, instead of the Tech stat, you would buy an advance one time hacking device, which could hack up to level 5 or something and there would be close to no difference in game play in regards to the RPG elements.

So it could be cool with a diverse and interesting Gender system, but it would require a much deeper RPG game, than Cyberpunk seem to suggest it is.

But again, I want to stress that CDPR might surprise and my assumptions might obviously be completely wrong in regards to how deep the RPG elements are, but they just seem very weak on the brink of being pointless, based on the demo.

I think the game will be just fine...you dont have to buy it.
Post automatically merged:

Without being an expert on human biology :) I do however think, that there is a lot of confusion when doing these "comparisons" because its such a small part of being human that is taken into consideration. So if we take "Adam" and "Eve" as completely average humans :) Adam would be stronger than Eve, so he would be better in general, at doing stuff that requires physical strength.

But it should also be fairly easy to see where this fails. Because its like comparing a fast car and a slow car (please no one get offended :)) its very logic that the fast car will beat the slow car in anything related to speed, as its faster. So if that were the only thing cars were about, it would be easy to reach the conclusion that faster is better.

So its becomes sort of useless, as its such a narrow field of comparison with some very specific tasks being measured. But since humans are so equal in how we look, there is not really a lot of other physical attributes left to compare besides physical strength, if we look passed the obvious ones. Most of the stuff happens in the brain and as far as I know, females uses more of their brain for feelings than men do, so at least to me, if you should make any non obvious comparison you would have to dig through the brain, to figure out what each gender in general is better at.

Good advice will stay away from that. :)

Just to make it completely clear, I don't think it would work in Cyberpunk either based on the stats we have seen. There is simply not enough depth to it, for it to make sense. So we agree on that. I was talking in RPG in general that I think it could be used in a fun and interesting way if it were done correctly.

We dont even know what stats we get in the final game nor how deep customization will be. Until they post a vid of the char create screen and state it will be in the final game we can only speculate and i dont like to speculate as that sets expecations and those are not always met.

I also liked to see it reflect in the character models. so lets say we choose female V, so we have general stat strength is lowered, but with a back story she came from an athletic background, therefore increases strength and agility. furthermore it would increase immersion when it is reflected V's character model musculature and skeletal structure. She'd be more cut, fingers thicker, upperframes wider so forth. otherwise we might find we get stick figure anime characters wielding final fantasy like gargantuan swords.

The problem with such system, is that it can ruin more than it benefit. Which to me have to do with being able to relate to your character just like deciding hair style, armor to use etc. So imagine I want a V character that is a brute who like to get into hand to hand combat and take a good beating, so in my head I have this image of what he looks likes. So I give him a lot of health and strength, but that changes his body into something that have nothing to do with how I imagined he would look like, and that would really annoy me.

For instant in Assassins creed Odyssey, for those that haven't tried it, you can play it as both male and female for the first time in their game I believe. So I tried making a female character and the first in game character camera, you just can't help notice her arms, I know she is suppose to be a fighter and all, but it really just look like they added a bodybuilders or the male arms to her. And personal to me that was not what I expected, and it ruined my "connection" to the character straight away as there is no way to change it. So I would have preferred that you could change the looks of your character in the beginning so you could make one that suits whatever play style you might be going for.

On the topic of increasing stats, I think it could be fun if they added training facilities so it were through these that you improved your skills, rather than simply adding one here and there. So if you wanted to train strength you could go to the gym or maybe that boxing area that are shown in the demo, I think that would improve immersion or they could make it so you could only increase stats after you have slept, which could give resting so more meaning.

I think the game will be just fine...you dont have to buy it.

I don't doubt that the game will be fun either way, action RPGs are not exactly boring :) And CDPR seems to be able to tell a good story. But don't think its wrong stating ones concerns either.

I know I'm pretty late to the party here, even though I saw the gameplay demo the day it released, and I'm sure some of my points were already brought up before in this thread and no doubt the devs have made quite a lot of improvements since then but, still, here's my feedback/wishlist of sorts, months later :shrug:

• Colors in general looked washed off but I'm sure that: one, it was partly because of the video compression and, two, it's an issue that's going to be fixed in the final version of the game.
  • By the way, I hope that HDR isn't an afterthought.
  • UI looks great, plus I really dig the slightly curved shape it has, but some colors could look better, especially the red-colored texts (yellow and teal look great, though, and red does look beautiful when not on thin elements like texts and borders) and the default text size works well but only if close to the screen (e.g. a computer, not a TV) and for people with healthy eyes. A strong-enough visual contrast between foreground—texts, icons, popups, diegetic interfaces—and the background—the game world—is a must. Make it accessible.
  • Driving physics need improvement. Don't overdo it though, I don't want the "extremely accurate" physics of GTA IV.
  • I'm no expert on this area but audio was, at the risk of sounding posh, quite exquisite. However, I noticed some delays in the sound when moving between rooms like, for instance, when leaving Misty's Esoterica. Sounds from outside her place should've been heard louder right before crossing the establishment's door towards the street, not after.
  • I don't mind if there's gear degradation, just don't make guns, armor and gadgets too fragile. E.g. a laser rifle or a premium-quality vest should hold enough stress for a single entire mission at the very least. The Witcher 3's swords and armor degradation were good enough in my opinion.
  • Atmosphere and aesthetics in Watson were amazing! I fell in love especially with the megabuilding, the crowded plaza in front of it and the pink-illuminated alleyway (the holographic cherry blossoms looked effing awesome!). Next time, at E3 2019 I guess, I'd love to see how weather conditions and more night-time scenes are going to look. Plus, a sneak peek of the other districts would be great, especially City Center.
  • Dialog was OK, I guess. I don't mind Jackie's lines, the stereotypical chicano slang for me it's silly in a good way and kind of charismatic, but in some contexts there were some awkwardly written/delivered lines from many characters ("News as big as my balls", "Interested? Sure, tell me more", "The bot, I'll take it", overusing the c-word). Some were great though ("Hey, give us a lift out of here?...... No problem", "Jesús, use your fucking scanner!", "See how this works, now? Only the corp gets what it wants", Jackie's serious moments).
  • Also, get Mike Pondsmith, please! I know he's not a professional actor but don't waste the chance to use his cool voice.
  • I perfectly know that what they showed was work in progress but I still wish they made the difficulty more challenging. The work they did with AI and mechanics in Blood and Wine was a very well done improvement over the base game, I hope they improve in that regard again with Cyberpunk 2077.
  • I also hope that we get even more variety with the ads/holo-ads/billboards. But since it was a WIP demo, I have no doubt that there'll be more in the final game.

That'd be all for now. I'm beyond satisfied with what I saw in the gameplay demo anyways but there's room for improvement :cool:

Last edited:
Constructive Criticism
Just wanted to offer some feedback on the 48-minute gameplay reveal you released. I'm aware the game is still in development and unpolished, but something came to mind during dialogue moments, especially in the car and during the "Corpo" interrogation.

Bringing the Player Character to Life
The voice-acting is great, but the first person view gives it a robotic feel. If the camera were to slide back into close third person, players could get a view of their own character, bringing them to life a bit more. This opens you up to viewing mannerisms, hand gestures and head nods and such, that let you watch your character communicate in more human ways than just speech. If dialogue attitudes(placating, antagonizing etc) are available, the player character's posture and gesture ought to reinforce those attitudes.

Transitioning
In the car, when the player character is talking to her partner, a pov just outside the driver's-side window would show her looking at him in the passenger seat. You'd mostly see the back of the player character's head of course, but the dialogue could flow smoothly into watching her exit the car and returning to first person. How she performs mundane actions can be just as descriptive of her character as how she actually speaks.

Reinforcing Unique Identity
I think a lot of players would appreciate regular glimpses of their customized character's appearance, as gear, blood spatter, and wear-and-tear fluctuate through the story's progression.

Lessening the Outside Observer Effect
I'm not suggesting that these viewpoint changes be available at the player's whim, only when locked into dialogue, or control is otherwise idle; but even backing up into 3rd person while the player character stands idly on the street is a good way of placing her in her environment instead of apart from it.

Odds and Ends
The game's environment looks amazing, the urban clutter is pleasantly alien and even distracting at times. There are a few instances where it feels unintentionally cramped, the most noticeable examples being the car ride when Dex is introduced, and the narrow field of view while driving.

1. We went from a sleek and unique-looking setting featuring badass futuristic cops in the original teaser to....A slightly more advanced Los Angeles California. One had potential. The other is at best, derivative and generic.

2. I have no problem with all the sunlight, but isn't a cyberpunk setting supposed to feature environmental dysfunction? Again, looks like a slightly more polluted version of current-day Los Angeles. Which doesn't SEEM all that dysfunctional.

3. First person only doesn't bother me. What does bother is me are the consequences this one-note perspective may potentially have on things like taking cover and melee combat. It's already been confirmed there is no third person cover mechanics. Does this mean I will be forced to "twitch-strafe" in and out of cover like an arena shooter? Concerning melee, I have literally, LEGITIMATELY, never played a game with a good melee combat system that was entirely in first-person. I know this may just be a matter of taste, but I firmly believe melee cannot be all it can be in just first person.

4. Gunplay looked like a more polished version of the past 3752 shooters I've played over the course of 25+ years. Is this going to be another Fallout 4? Where the game touts "multiple builds," but in reality the melee and unarmed aspects to combat are just an afterthought? It's an RPG, so let me choose to do something besides the usual rooty, tooty, point and shooty schtick.

5. Character customization. What is the point?

6. Game seems very "railroady" concerning dialogue choices.

7. The disparity between the original teaser and the latest gameplay trailer has me worried the development has taken a short dip in hellish territory, with no clear vision for the game. But that's just me waxing pessimism. Whatever.

8. That one part where the mantis blades come out and basically eviscerate some guy to pieces seemed very automated. In other words, the melee already looks to be pretty bad, judging by that part. Hence the concerns over melee and the first person perspective.

1. We went from a sleek and unique-looking setting featuring badass futuristic cops in the original teaser to....A slightly more advanced Los Angeles California.
Night City was built between 1994-2012 (apx.)
Go outside and look at the buildings near you. Can you really tell the difference between ones build yesterday and 25-50 years ago? Modern architecture isn't going to change into something The Jetsons would recognize in a mere 20-50 years.

2. I have no problem with all the sunlight, but isn't a cyberpunk setting supposed to feature environmental dysfunction? Again, looks like a slightly more polluted version of current-day Los Angeles. Which doesn't SEEM all that dysfunctional.
Government and Corporate corruption, inefficient and largely ineffective law enforcement, street gangs running wild, mass drug addiction, 75%+ of the population below the poverty line, etc. etc. ect. None of those things are at all effected by a sunny day or a rainy night. It's California, while the climate has changed the sun didn't stop rising.

Check the trailer again, 1:47-4:27 dark and shadowy rooms, 23:43 Neon!, 32:25-45:58 more dark and shadowy rooms, 46:08-47:56 sure looks like it's night to me.

3. First person only doesn't bother me. What does bother is me are the consequences this one-note perspective may potentially have on things like taking cover and melee combat. It's already been confirmed there is no third person cover mechanics. Does this mean I will be forced to "twitch-strafe" in and out of cover like an arena shooter? Concerning melee, I have literally, LEGITIMATELY, never played a game with a good melee combat system that was entirely in first-person. I know this may just be a matter of taste, but I firmly believe melee cannot be all it can be in just first person.
No third-person at all except cut scenes and driving.

You need two completely separate sets of graphics and animations for good first and third person, CDPR decided to go with first. While it may not be to someones taste it hardly makes the game good or bad. It's only a matter of personal preference.

4. Gunplay looked like a more polished version of the past 3752 shooters I've played over the course of 25+ years. Is this going to be another Fallout 4? Where the game touts "multiple builds," but in reality the melee and unarmed aspects to combat are just an afterthought? It's an RPG, so let me choose to do something besides the usual rooty, tooty, point and shooty schtick.
No clue.

I'm NOT a fan of FPS myself, and in fact have been lobbying for RPG, character centric, combat since the trailer was released. We'll see what the final product looks like when it's released. This was an early demo aimed at the press ... most of whom only know FPS games and think good graphics make a great game regardless of the game mechanics.

In this respect the press totally understands the central 'feel' of Cyberpunk - Style over Substance!

A) It's an RPG not a looter/shooter where you pick a "class" that determines the skills and abilities you have to play the game.
B) Not only do you customize your character appearance you also select from a list of skills, and you'll never (outside of cheating) have them all. So one time you can play a balls-to-the-wall Solo, another a stealthy Tech, and yet another as a
cloak-n-dagger Netrunner, or any combination of the three.
C) If you don't want to waste the time creating a custom character, don't. Use the default. The ability to customize doesn't mean it's required.

I'll just assume you're unfamiliar with that's needed to incorporate dialog options in a computer game and say there seems to be (more or less) enough to satisify most folks.

7. The disparity between the original teaser and the latest gameplay trailer has me worried the development has taken a short dip in hellish territory, with no clear vision for the game. But that's just me waxing pessimism. Whatever.
So you assume a CGI intro trailer made in 2013 represents the actual appearance of a final game made 5 years later? Do you have the slightest clue what's involved in making CGI and a functional game people can run on consoles and typical PCs?

Last edited:
1. We went from a sleek and unique-looking setting featuring badass futuristic cops in the original teaser to....A slightly more advanced Los Angeles California. One had potential. The other is at best, derivative and generic.

8. That one part where the mantis blades come out and basically eviscerate some guy to pieces seemed very automated. In other words, the melee already looks to be pretty bad, judging by that part. Hence the concerns over melee and the first person perspective.

I disagree with all your points.

As far as look goes, there's this thing where weather and time of day changes ... and, Night City IS in California.
Time of day, and weather will not be static. You can have a sunny day Beach Boys and palm trees atmosphere one day in game time and come evening, it could be raining, overcast, with ground fog, washed out colors, and neon lights casting eerie shadows while ghetto bird police cars hover overhead with spotlights.

Time of day, weather and atmosphere will change. This has kinda been confirmed like 200 dozen 34 billion times already.

First persons perspective vs third person perspective?
There's already a whole thread in this topic.
Additional to that, there's this other thing in the gaming community called MODS. I'm pretty sure someone will hand you a 3rd Person Perspective mod on Nexus like a week or two after game release.

What's the point of character creation? Please look up the definition of what an RPG is.

Further, the game isn't even out yet, plus there's no word other than "It'll be ready when it's ready" as to when it'll be released. E3 2019 is, how many days away? June 9th? I'm pretty sure we'll see some more of what's what then.

Anything else, well, the game is not out yet, and until it is, there's really not much point in getting all princess and the pea about subjective, interpretive nonsense, plus, even though CDPR hasn't said anything about mods, it'd be silly not to have modding support to address little irritations that pretty much everybody else is totally fine with and even prefer above your own ideals.

... and, as with the 1st person and 3rd person thread, there are other threads addressing and discussing all your issues from every direction. You are invited to take part in those well established discussions.

:)

Last edited:
I think all of these concerns have been repeatedly hashed out in the other threads. If you just want to make a concise list thread, that's cool. Right now, we are all waiting on E3 or any new information because we all agree with your concern. I have many concerns about 2077, but I gotta say I would not want any other studio working on it. What I have seen, so far, is an amazing addition to the genre and the Cyberpunk franchise. The game mechanics will be another story altogether, but we are on the same page with what we want. Do not know if troll.

As someone who has played older first person games like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and newer ones like Kingdom Come Deliverance, I KNOW melee in first person can be done well, in a way that's both fun and satisfying AND still take stats into account as an RPG should. It will be less cinematic, or theatrical sure, but that's not a requirement for combat to be good.

It's an RPG, so let me choose to do something besides the usual rooty, tooty, point and shooty schtick.

I don't understand. Have you watched the gameplay? There are multiple paths and outcomes to solve the stolen robot mission. Talking your way through it is an option.

Last edited:
I wanna address 3 and 6.

I think you have some decent points, although I think you're being too pessimistic. CDPR is a different breed. As for 3, I'd refer you to KCD, Mirror's Edge, and even Skyrim, for all the faults of those games.

As for 6, I actually agree with this. It's a creative choice on their part to define a character within certain bounds and allow you choices within that; they did the same thing with Geralt in the Witcher. It's a style, but I prefer more freedom to define the character. I understand why they did it, but I think it's unnecessary in cyberpunk.

Damn. Beating the dead horse again :) We've been all over it severel times last year :)

#1 In original 2013 teaser we got a small, dark alley in the night time. In 2018 trailer we got bigger view of the city. NC was supposed to be LA on steroids. You'll still get to see dark alleys in the nightime. Also, look at GitS aesthetics, which is more of a modern approach to Cyberpunk than Blade Runner (which is NOT cyberpunk)

#2 It's modernday cyberpunk. In 1990 people rerally believed we were gonna live in toxic cesspool in 2020. It's 2019 and the env is pretty fine ( at the first glance). Also GitS aesthetics.

#3 It still remains to be seen. The mechanics could definitely use some basic cover mechanics like leaning to the sides, shooting bling from behind a cover etc. As for melee. KC:Deliverance has pretty solid FPP melee if only too realistic and not coll enough for cyberpunk. In Dead Island and Dying Light series FPP melee works fine if far from perfect. My guess is melee will be second to firearms. As it should be, people are killing each other with guns nowadays for a reason. But concerns about melee are understandable as it is difficult.

#4 basically #3 Remains to be seen.

#5 We can see the whole of V quite often, so the character customization has a point. And it's cool. I, personally, like to customize mych chars even if I hardly see them. And, as I poited, we'll see V a lot. I'm from the defeated TPP army too, BTW :)

#6 There's a lot of work in progress. Last year build seemed "unfinished". And, as a matter of fact, it was. In most games dialogues are a form railroad.

#7 In 2013 there were no vision of the game. Devs stated that humdreds of times. The teaser was a proof of concept, nothing more. Futuristic city, guns and violence. Just that. At that point nothing was set in stone. Nothing was even conceptualized. Or so we are told.

#8 basically #3

Just my 3 cents. People tend to get big ideas about new games, especially big, openworld RPG and compere them to the source material (if there's any). But there should be a healthy dose of expectation management. You can't transplant a PnP experience into a video game. And that experience is always a common denominateor of what people involved in the process imagine.

2. I have no problem with all the sunlight, but isn't a cyberpunk setting supposed to feature environmental dysfunction? Again, looks like a slightly more polluted version of current-day Los Angeles. Which doesn't SEEM all that dysfunctional..

NO. we went from a generic mass effect looking futuristic character to something special.
CyberPUNK is not about a sleek futuristic look you want that go play mass effect or star citizen or any other game that's ever been released that is futuristic. this is CyberPUNK the future is not sleek the future is dirty and ducktaped.

This is cyberpunk:

[Edited -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Control flying cars.
2. Modify the aesthetics of the game: a noir theme, a darker and colder lighting, less warm, Night City was supposed to be covered by a dense smog with acid rain; no palms and other plants on the streets, cyberpunk means a world with a low standard of living but with an advanced technology, the streets need to look unhealthy without urban furniture and public services, only the rich district should have decorative plants; a more cybernetic theme and less punk theme, more robots, more androids, more cyborgs, more electronic devices in the environment, more holograms, screens and electrical wires on the facade of the buildings; people wearing transparent plastic clothes, clothes with lights, clothes with electrical devices.
3. Be able to get the helmet with telescopic sights of the 2013 trailer and suits/armors with invisibility devices.
4. The combat and movement to be very dynamic, to move quickly through the environment, run along the walls and jump long distances, like in Titanfall 2.
5. Blood on the melee weapons when you hurt someone (in the gameplay of 2018 it didn't happen with the mantis blades).
6. Electric weapons such as railguns.
7. Vending machines throughout the city that sell all kinds of products: inhalers, drink, food, medicine, ammo...
8. Different types of inhalers, besides slow-mo and healing, others to boost so you do more damage or move faster.
9. A detailed character customization to be able to create characters with unique and realistic faces, like in Black Desert Online.

I noticed that in the menu you move the pointer, which is perfect on PC but a pain in the ass on consoles. Please do it like in TW3, that's the best way for consoles (can keep the pointer on PC/give the choice, of course).

Probalby you guys already knew it, but better safe than sorry :)

1. Control flying cars.

This sounds like fun, maybe they should add flying cars and start expanding the game vertically. That'd give nice twist to the series. Yeah, I think I read somewhere flying cars aint gonna happen for this game at least.

This sounds like fun, maybe they should add flying cars and start expanding the game vertically. That'd give nice twist to the series. Yeah, I think I read somewhere flying cars aint gonna happen for this game at least.

They probably are....just not ones you can freedrive in. Check the Dev answers thread.

They probably are....just not ones you can freedrive in. Check the Dev answers thread.

Nice, vertical games could work as a business model for a company in game industry, instead of putting flat world, put likes 2-4 layers to it, square world basically. Dont know how hard its for other companies to copy though or how big sacrifices you need to do in order to make it happen, I suppose graphics takes massive hit if the world is square or go figure. Anyway, 99,9% of games are horizontal.

Last edited:
IMO one of the most important things in the RPG game is the feeling of immersion and shown in 48 minutes of gameplay completely ruins this feeling. Maybe the moments about which I am going to write further have already been mentioned by someone (even redone by the developers, almost a year has passed), but still, I’ll just write about what matters most to me:
- "Nicola Can" Just disappeared... I mean, I don’t feel like I’m doing something with this can, the subject just teleported to my inventory. If even 30% of our gameplay might look like this (you just walk and teleport items into your inventory), i'm starting to understand why the game has such a "common" price (what's actually really sad and disappointing).
Even the Witcher 3 has a quite popular mod for animated interaction with the environment and items from the inventory, which means people need it.
- The animation, as well as the size of his finger, indicate that he is pulling out the EYE, our ONE SINGLE eye...(not the whole top of our head). After this scene, I absolutely can not get rid of the feeling that we are playing for the one-eyed freak. Split the screen would make this scene just incredible (or even just increasing the FOV value after inserting the second eye back ), but who really does not give a damn... At least there should be a choice for the player to play as the one-eyed or as a full-fledged character.

I hope at least that the talented mod creators will make this game wonderful, as they did with TW3, after...couple of years... *joyless sigh *

Top Bottom