Gameplay Reveal — 48-minute walkthrough

+
Also, my other non-mechanical gripe... the arm blades. I don't want my character to have them, and am extremely disappointed that it appears I will have no choice and that they are mandatory. The beginning of the game goes on and on about the superior customization and the ability to create unique characters, then it appears that it's going to force everyone to have the same cyber.

I never got the impression they were mandatory. The narrator even said they gave V high end gear right before she even used it.

After watching it 3 more times, I actually enjoy the slice way more then I initially did. I didn't talk much about the things I liked so to add to my previous thoughts, I really like the V's Voice Actress (sounds a little like Ciris VA no?) has cool attitude, very likeable and I feel like female V is worth first playthrough. Dexter reminds me of Mike Pondsmith himself which is fitting given he's the coolest fixer in town, is he voiced by Mike, you should give Mike a job, he has a fantastic voice. The animations at ripper docs are fantastic, how he does all the little things and how the machines work, candy. Over all the artists made this thing, everything from concept art, props to environment composition looks fenomenal, and I think even puts Ubisoft and Naughty dog to shame(I think these two have the strongest art teams in the industry).
Would like to know how deep the branching quest system goes, for example can we double cross the militech lady and group with her captive? Also would be interesting to know how the character relationships work. For example doc said something remembering where you came from, and is it possible to carry characters up the social ladder with you? Will there be more meaningful romantic relationships then one night stands? And the biggest question is: CAN YOU TOP GWENT?

All i can say is: I'M AMAZED AND SPEECHLESS! The game looks incredible, really impressive and great job so far CDPR! Looking forward to play it, when it's ready and fully polished. WOW!

With six stats and 25 points the average stat is 4.16 (five 4's and one 5), assuming a 1-10 scale this implies your character is below average (since 5.5 is the average). Maybe rethink this, players really need to feel their character is at least average. Of course everyone want's to be better, but average at a minimum.

It is possible that there will be ways to increase the attributes throughout the game, even if not by large amounts, it would make sense then for them to start relatively low.

Interesting that there seem to be zero "skills" to select from during character generation.

From what I remember, skills in this game will improve as you use them, so they are not fixed stats that are picked in the character creator.

I REALLY hate the comment "These guys are levels higher then we are." when you meet the "Corporate Agent". I realize it's a voice-over for the demo, but it STRONGLY implies CP2077 is a leveled game where you'll be under/over leveled for some (much?) of the content when you play. There are ways around level systems guys, and they're not that hard to implement.

There are clearly levels in the game, as this picture shows. It would not be too surprising if there was again a system similar to The Witcher 3 where enemies well above the player's level (those with a red skull and ?? level number) receive extreme buffs to make them almost invincible. Also similarly to TW3, law enforcement types of characters you are normally not supposed to fight may be level scaled to always have this bonus.

That faint red UI overlay is UNREADABLE for older people. Put in the Main Menu --> OPTIONS an option for us to change the color coding of ALL of that faint red UI layer into same intensity light blue, light yellow , maybe also add a #FFFFFF field, where we can input our favorite color that doesn't strain our eyes.

To be fair, in actual gameplay it may be more readable than on these streams. Red text that does not contrast very much with the background is blurred a lot by lossy video compression.

Can anybody figure out what the green bar represents?

It is labeled "ADR", so I guess it might be adrenaline, but I do not know how that actually works in gameplay.

Not a fan of:
1) Driving felt rather like a placeholder in it's current state. What I mean is that you get a car, but move with horse speed through very small areas. I perfectly understand it's an early demo, but for driving feeling purposeful you need larger roads, speed and if there's shooting, it needs to be something more meaningful.

While the handling of the car could very well still be improved, if it is slow, I suspect that is related to more fundamental issues that cannot easily be changed. Due to how the city is designed, its size and density (in a relatively small and crowded city, speeding at 200 kph would not work well), gameplay balancing, and possibly technical limitations. By the latter, I mean that on weak hardware like the original PS4 and XB1, the streaming system may not be able to keep up with the gameplay if you drive too fast, so there would be occasional temporary freezes while the game loads the environment. Of course, it can still be quite different in the final version.

Last edited:
It may already be implemented but it would be nice if the quest indicators (arrows and text) in the HUD are different colored by the type of quest. So that they are more distinguishable from each other. In the brilliant gameplay reveal - the main indicators I noticed was all red.

From the first time i saw it it was awesome, i saw some things like:
When you shoot a guys legs and he screams "ah, my legs" then you shoot at his hed, you cut it off and he continues to scream with his head blown off... this isn't right
the shadows are not ready yet, but things will change till release
and, does the cars take damage??? i couldn't realy tell..
I know it's work in progress and its already looks so badass!
I love it!
Keep it up!

Last edited:
I liked it all. I just need to know if you're gonna add support for modding. :)
If you're gonna add support for mods I need to know to start selling organs now for a decent enough PC.

EDIT: I love you guys :)

Last edited:

Guest 4211861

It's good but it needs a lot more guns.

1. A lot more guns.

And armor and mods etc. etc.

I want more equipment, a lot more

2. and the weapons need to sound deeper and more metalic and with more boom

No weak-sounding weapons please, they're not sowing machines.

One question: Was this gameplay demo exactly the one which was shown at E3? With exactly the same visuals?

Looks amazing! The excitement I had from that teaser so many years ago is still here and as strong as ever. While I imagine we're likely a year or more out, there is light at the end of the tunnel. And a glorious light it is.

Hey CD PROJEKT RED,

I just loved the demo, it was amazing and i can't wait to get my hands on this beauty, once its finished :)
Read through my fellow comments, and i must admit that i agree with some of the criticism, so far it does look too easy. But hey we know its just an early work, and you guys are part of the gaming developpers that i just love. So keep up the good work, and keep us dreaming.

A lot of negative comments here, which is not cool. For me and for sure many (thousands) others everything looks awesome! I believe you will give us something new and something to remember! Good luck and many successful build, A Slavic neighbor :)

Guest 4323386

Watch 48 minutes of official 2018 gameplay from Cyberpunk 2077 and get a glimpse into the world of perils and possibilities that is Night City — the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future.

This video contains work-in-progress gameplay — everything you see is potentially subject to change.

Thanks for posting this.
I am at work, but once I am finished I will be writing up my thoughts about what I like, dislike, improvements, changes etc. Hopefully it will of some help!

Looks very good. Keep up the good work.

BTW, W3 should also be FP :)

Oh, this should have been shown at E3.

Top Bottom