[GENERAL] Who do you support - Squirrels or Knights?

+
Neutral seems the most likely way the game is supposed to unfold. Plus it makes the best story with regards to the Triss character.But between the two sides, it's definitly the Order. Sigfried is a pretty good guy. Yaevin is an arrogant hypocrit who wants to burn the city to the ground. Also, the story comes out rather flat when you side with the rebels, IMO. Plus , the knights look way cooler. Especially the guy with the red plates on his shoulders.

Yes, Yaevinn is a jerk, but there's Toruviel too, who I really like. Only because of her I would join Squirrels, too bad things aren't that simple. :-\

Yes Toruviel is a very good reason ;) at the start of the game i thought i would support the knights but then i changed to the squirrels for Yaevinn in the battle in the swamps and i stuck with the squirrels since then. While Yaevinn might be a jerk the other side is worse in my opinion.........Squirrels all the way :) :)

I'd originally regarded the Squirrels as the lesser of the two evils. Sure, they killed innocent people, but they had a geniune issue in the racism and ethnic cleansing. But then later I read some spoilers from the Saga that made me reconsider my opinion.
The Elves(who lead the Squirrels) are just as racist as the humans: they call humans 'Barbarians' or 'Ape-men' and regard themselves as superior in every way(to be fair, they are superior in many ways). Before humans arrived in the Witcher world they were trying to elinminate the Dwarves and Gnomes and take their lands. The only reason humans conquered them is because they multiplied faster. There's actually a parallel world inhabited solely by elves: because they've wiped out the other races. The elves of Geralt's world intended to create a Portal using Lara Dorren's blood to join their brethren in the other world. leaving humans and other races to suffer the White Frost.
After I learnt this my sympathy for the Elves' fate declined: they're no better than the humans.

yes, the more I read of the shortstories and novels of Sapkowski, the more I learn about the elves.But we were warned before the release of the Witcher game... Sapkowski's elves are very different from the common beautiful and fairytale elves in other fantasy worlds :whatthe:

^Yes, but the game left out that information about the elves(just as racist, also wanted to conquer other races), making their cause seem more sympathetic here.

godkingofdivineroad said:
^Yes, but the game left out that information about the elves(just as racist, also wanted to conquer other races), making their cause seem more sympathetic here.
In a way they do leave out some of that but of you pay close attention to some of the dialog you get between Geralt and the Elves you kind of get that vibe that there just as bad as the Humans ;)Still there no wrong way or right way of picking sides that the beauty of the game

Seeker said:
In a way they do leave out some of that but of you pay close attention to some of the dialog you get between Geralt and the Elves you kind of get that vibe that there just as bad as the Humans ;)
Yes. But nearly everyone (not picking on you, Seek!) casts the choice between the Order and the Scoia'tael as between the humans and the elves. Aren't we forgetting an entire race of people, here? Where are the dwarves in all of this? Remember Vivaldi's bank that was taken away from him? Remember the dwarven blacksmith's anvils that were confiscated and given to the Order blacksmith? When Geralt fights Salamandra assassins in the non-human quarter, dwarves that are walking down the street come over to help. The elves may be arrogant sons of b*tches, but the dwarves seem like solid citizens. As far as I can tell, they don't deserve their oppression, not in the least.

I think the friction between humans and non-humans is well balanced in the game. We have a few examples how unfair humans and their authorities treat non-humans and on the other hand, non-humans take revenge upon all humans. And we have to decide on this base who we want to side with.I remember The Edge of the World where humans did injustice to the elves when they took Dol Blathanna. They settled down in this fertile region as granted. The banished the elves into the mountains where they can't survive.Futhermore many big cities and villages of the humas are built on Elven ground. Though Elves are the only race who are too proud to find an agreement with humans whereas dwarves and gnomes customized more with humans.

^I agree. But as Yarpen Zigrin says in Blood of Elves, the Elves(who lead the Squirels) are being hypocritical. Long before humans arrived, the elves invaded the continent and made war with the other races. They only started trying to befriend Dwarves after the humans did the same thing to them.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
In a way they do leave out some of that but of you pay close attention to some of the dialog you get between Geralt and the Elves you kind of get that vibe that there just as bad as the Humans ;)
Yes. But nearly everyone (not picking on you, Seek!) casts the choice between the Order and the Scoia'tael as between the humans and the elves. Aren't we forgetting an entire race of people, here? Where are the dwarves in all of this? Remember Vivaldi's bank that was taken away from him? Remember the dwarven blacksmith's anvils that were confiscated and given to the Order blacksmith? When Geralt fights Salamandra assassins in the non-human quarter, dwarves that are walking down the street come over to help. The elves may be arrogant sons of b*tches, but the dwarves seem like solid citizens. As far as I can tell, they don't deserve their oppression, not in the least.
You are so right. The dwarves are really 8) if you ask me... I particularly enjoy the one roaming the alley behind Shani's place who says: "If I catch those b@stards who attack at night, I'll rip there legs out of there @sses!" I mean, this one just cracks me up. Cheers :beer: to that guy...But it is truly grave that ill tidings over-shadow these interesting beings. I do hope they are mentioned in more detail too maybe in the next edition or even a volume of a sort? Anyways... :peace:

56236 said:
[The dwarves are really 8) if you ask me... I particularly enjoy the one roaming the alley behind Shani's place who says: "If I catch those b@stards who attack at night, I'll rip there legs out of there @sses!" I mean, this one just cracks me up. Cheers :beer: to that guy...
Yes! A lot of dwarves say cool things, and in those adorable Scottish accents -- god, I could listen to them talk all day. And Zoltan! What a great character.
But it is truly grave that ill tidings over-shadow these interesting beings. I do hope they are mentioned in more detail too maybe in the next edition or even a volume of a sort? Anyways... :peace:
How about The Witcher: Dwarven Expansion Pack*, in which Geralt goes to Mahakam -- I would SO buy that one! But yes, I agree -- I'd love to see more of the dwarves.Who am I kidding -- I'll buy any Witcher follow-up. ::) ::)*Note to rumor-mongers: this is a complete and total figment of my imagination; as far as I know, CDPR plans no such thing. ;)

gamewidow said:
*Note to rumor-mongers: this is a complete and total figment of my imagination; as far as I know, CDPR plans no such thing. ;)
but they should! that would rock! :peace:
*smile* Glad you agree! The dwarves are such tell-it-like-it-is folks; I can't help but love them. And it could be a bit of a relief from all those people who are not what they seem in Vizima. A palate-cleanser, like lemon sorbet, before he plunges back into the politics and intrigue. :D

Solescape said:
I just started a new game and was planning to do the opposite of my decisions last time but I ended up supporting the Squirrels again! Even though the choice is available, it's just more fun and natural for me to side with them. How about you - what is your preference?
I support "non-humans" because.............nah they are good and when I play this game again I will favor Order just for change :evil: and p.s I have waited for game were HUMANS are evil in every movie ( almost) humans are 100% good and others are wrong and evil if I were movie maker I would reveal humans dark side weaker will be enslaved + much more

I sided with the Scoia'tael first time.The order is a bunch of zealot bastards, and for the most part go against the current of what Geralt believes in.

In my first run of the game, I chosed the Order because of 2 things:- Siegfried - very honest and helpful- witchers are supposed to help and protect the humans (they do have human origins!)Yet, I thought about what side to take for about 30 minutes, knowing that the other party have enough reasons to fight the stupid discrimination war (coincidence or not, it was the same day when Israel bombed Ghaza, last Christmas)...

ShivaSi said:
In my first run of the game, I chosed the Order because of 2 things:- Siegfried - very honest and helpful- witchers are supposed to help and protect the humans (they do have human origins!)Yet, I thought about what side to take for about 30 minutes, knowing that the other party have enough reasons to fight the stupid discrimination war (coincidence or not, it was the same day when Israel bombed Ghaza, last Christmas)...
I sided with the Order in the bank quest because of Siegfried.. I didn't want to betray his trust and well, I liked him. What I didn't like was that I had to kill him later in the game.. why couldn't I just disarm him and tie him up?

Top Bottom