Give us back 1.03 visuals!

+
By the usage of VRAM and draw distance we can obviously see that CD RED went full retards with further GRAPHICAL DOWNGRADE and giving us UTTER SHIT POPINS ! It is enough bad already with horrible NPC popins on 1.03 ... I`m glad that I didn't installed the patch as I saw how they fucked up with 1.03 ..... I was hopping in 1.04 to be fixed the NPC popins instead IT IS WORSE CD red ... da fuq dudes ... DA FUQ U ARE DOIN` ???

1.03 was good to me. It actually increased my FPS greatly. But things got reverted back after 1.04.

Game is awesome. Why do you guys worry so much about graphics? I think CD Projekt Red is doing a fantastic job and are going out of their way to make PC players happy. My suggestion is calm down, play the game, be considerate towards the developers working hard for you and be grateful to be able to play the best RPG of this generation. Game is only 1 week old. Give these hard working men and women a break.. Where's the love?

-Z

i have antialiasing activated and thre is no difference, the shadows wer "grainier" in patch 1.03, the foliage in 1.04 patch is a lot better, maybe different systems had different effects with the patch,

1.03 was good to me. It actually increased my FPS greatly. But things got reverted back after 1.04.

Agree with 1.03 increased the FPS for me as well. BUT ... NPC POPINS ... HOOOOOOOOOOOOORIBLE !

---------- Updated at 07:51 PM ----------

Game is awesome. Why do you guys worry so much about graphics? I think CD Projekt Red is doing a fantastic job and are going out of their way to make PC players happy. My suggestion is calm down, play the game, be considerate towards the developers working hard for you and be grateful to be able to play the best RPG of this generation. Game is only 1 week old. Give these hard working men and women a break.. Where's the love?

-Z

Dude we are calmed as much as can be with this situation. HOWEVER THE GAME IS unplayable ... it is not only the stupid AUTO DRAW/SHEATHING sword but it is much more ... main story BUG that breaks the game, lots of ppl reporting stupid crashes for no reason. and since patch 1.03 POPINS >> DA FUQ ?? The game is broken CD red broke it with their GREAT PATCHES ?!??! IT should be vice versa ! And it is clear that the AA with 1.04v is utter shit .. I am glad that I didn't install it. I still regret for installing 1.03 1.02 version was just perfect without any NPC pops!

I think the game looks exactly the same. The difference is, I'm getting consistently better framerates with patch 1.04.
Yes - I set Textures to Ultra (it had reverted to Low for some reason, after installing 1.04)

I have everything maxed, except Foliage Distance set to High. / 1920x1080 / V-Sync off / Fullscreen.
Nvidia Hairworks also set to Full (or All, whichever it's called)

I'm easilly averaging 55+ fps, minimum frames usually low 50s.

Like said, I feel like we're bêta testers for console. There's no reasons to have such pop in with a decent PC like there are for consoles.

And the VRAM used is just ridiculous. Use an adapted VRAM for each card please!

Just sent a ticket to support, I invite all of you to do the same. Game was perfect with 1.03.... don't know why they did this mess.

Gotta agree ... just posted a similar topic on GOG boards.
I had no issues with 1.03 ...
Now with 1.04 cutscenes graphics seem worse (AA shimmer/flicker, shadow are stripped) ... performance is slightly worse (running 2 970s in SLI)
but worst of them all: I had 0 crashes with 1.03 ...prior to that the game would crash every 3-4h ... now with 1.04 it crashes every hour ...

but worst of them all: I had 0 crashes with 1.03 ...prior to that the game would crash every 3-4h ... now with 1.04 it crashes every hour ...

I noticed that the patch 1.04 is so much demanding about the GPU power, over than 100% with afterburner for mine (GTX 970), black screen crash evry time the power reached 106%.
By increasing the power limit, no more crashes even at 107% for the more demanding areas I found.

However the VRAM used is ridiculous, very low. I don't know if there were more cached in VRAM if it were better or not for the high power demanding.

U guys are crazy patch 104 improved visual quality by allot, gras looks bettter now, characteras faces do to, grass looks les grainy now with sharpnis on high, one thing i noticed is that the water quality is more flat [edit nevermind there was no wind blowing xD] and in overal i really dont see any big differences, the only thing i like to see is sharpnis on high a bit lesser grainy thats all.

Personaly... i didnt saw any difference between 1.03 or 1.04, didnt looked to change my average fps either, maybe ( really maybe, clearly not sure ) a little be smoother in somes place with 1.04.

But.. that's all i can say about graphic / performance.

Zero problems on my PC after 1.04. Remember to change the texture setting back to where you had it after each update. For some reason after every update, it lowers the textures to low. The game runs better than ever now with patch 1.04.

Last edited:
Is this because they added the MipMap thingy to -1 and MipMap was set to 0 on 1.0.3? Try going into your user.settings file located on your Documents folder and set it to 0 again

Is this because they added the MipMap thingy to -1 and MipMap was set to 0 on 1.0.3? Try going into your user.settings file located on your Documents folder and set it to 0 again

open in \Documents\The Witcher 3\user.settings
Find "TextureMipBias" and change it to "TextureMipBias=0"

helps with the shimmering textures / flickering - at least for me.

Witcher 3 is far better with 1.04. I have 0 problems and everything is better. If you are not happy just go back to previous version of the game. If you can't well too bad you got a steam version.

Top Bottom