Jobs Support Register

Golden Age of Dwarves

+

GenLiu

Junior Member
#21
MystereSC;n10230352 said:
GenLiu They probably had to push out that amount of cards because they have deadlines to release the final game soon so they pressed the turbo button. They would not have added that amount if they didnt had to. As you said the balance befvore the update was good, so they are capable of achieving it.
Yeah, that's pretty obvious to me too. It's kind of the sad part of our world, we're giving more value to the amount of what we produce rather than the quality, which is a big mistake imo.
Now I do believe that CDPR is a good company but they have those limitation too, which keep them away from doing the perfect game they have the potential to make.

StrykerxS77x;n10231632 said:
Sweers by itself will keep nekkers from getting too popular.
It's true but honestly Sweers is a tech card and I hardly see him being played massively by the players online...Especially in a world where the vast majority netdeck without even thinking about it and has no notion of actually building a deck (which is extremely sad imo but whatever).
 

bojerbela

User
#22
StrykerxS77x;n10231632 said:
Sweers by itself will keep nekkers from getting too popular.
Exactly. I mainly played Consume in the last two seasons: was good against Skellige meta, is good now against Dwarfs...but it's vulnerable to Nilfgaard (Sweers is the greatest danger of course, but Consume generate high point units and Scorch/Villern are neutral). I think, after Dwarf meta we will have Nilfgaard meta again. Alchemy Nilfgaard is good, Reveal is not bad, Spies are good too...and they're best against Consume. So when the Nerf hammer hit too hard, Dwarfs are gone and Nilfgaard is coming. And: I expect Nekker nerf with the Dwarf nerf.
 

StrykerxS77x

Poser
#23
GenLiu;n10231782 said:
It's true but honestly Sweers is a tech card and I hardly see him being played massively by the players online...Especially in a world where the vast majority netdeck without even thinking about it and has no notion of actually building a deck (which is extremely sad imo but whatever).
I see him all the time at the top of ranked. Your perception of net decking is very off. People run a general deck that you would call a net deck but they will of course adapt the deck by changing around a few cards if they need to. Sweers is popular right now because of nekkers and other great strategies like using it on dwarven skirmishers.

 

Weevil89

Junior Member
#24
Yep dwarves have got to go, that much is certain. Whenever I stream I end up playing dwarves as if to mock them and how easy it is to pump out 20 point cards as finishers. And don't even get me started about Ithlinne. I think she is the real problem that this deck has. A gold that can easily be worth 40+ points with very little effort at the end of the round is just ridiculous. If she gets nerfed dwarves won't have a nuke they can just throw at their opponent if they are keeping up.
 

Weevil89

Junior Member
#25
GenLiu;n10231782 said:
Yeah, that's pretty obvious to me too. It's kind of the sad part of our world, we're giving more value to the amount of what we produce rather than the quality, which is a big mistake imo.
Now I do believe that CDPR is a good company but they have those limitation too, which keep them away from doing the perfect game they have the potential to make.


It's true but honestly Sweers is a tech card and I hardly see him being played massively by the players online...Especially in a world where the vast majority netdeck without even thinking about it and has no notion of actually building a deck (which is extremely sad imo but whatever).
Netdeckers will always be a part of this game, but silver slots are things that require genuine thought sometimes. Sweers is of course a great option against dwarves and greedy consume. If someone cannot see the potential of that card against those decks then there is no hope haha. Teching sweers is not the worst thing in the world, I guess XD
 

gards

Junior Member
#26
All of you complaining are NOT and never have been ST players. Marauders and Agitators are NOT new cards. I've had them for ages now as have most ST players. In fact the dorf deck...as you guys call it has been available to me for yonks! I just have a thing about Elves (love) so didn't play so much with dwarfs before. The cards in the dorfs deck...most of the cards are not new cards.
With any luck, ST will continue to pound you SK and NG players into dust.

As you were :)
 

frytom

User
#27
I don't like the stupid spamming spawn effect that was flushed with the midwinter patch. For example if a slave driver spawns an opponent's (major change here: it should be: from your opponent's faction - not starting deck!) unit, the spawned unit should have less power than its original like slave driver + spawned unit = power of original unit (to reflect that a slave will never be willingly working with the same power of free will...).

I totally agree that the current dwarves are disgusting and boring for its massive been played. But the dwarves only! Nerf them and give the elves more power to compete - like when will Quen return...? Give elven leaders more powerplay options - the current design forces you to have a dwarf as a leader to maintain "pure" elven powerplaying, how stupid is this?

And therefor we need a hotfix within days. A (re-)balancing hotfix, that does nothing but rebalancing. We don't need new cards or new content. All prioritiy should be going into rebalancing the issues out of the current out-of-gwent.
 
Last edited:

GenLiu

Junior Member
#28
Weevil89;n10232572 said:
Netdeckers will always be a part of this game, but silver slots are things that require genuine thought sometimes. Sweers is of course a great option against dwarves and greedy consume. If someone cannot see the potential of that card against those decks then there is no hope haha. Teching sweers is not the worst thing in the world, I guess XD
You have no idea how many peoples tell me that Sweers is "useless because he appears in no deck lists on the internet" it kinda makes me sad.
That said, the biggest problem with Sweers is that, among the most commonly played decks you also have Shupe Dwarf, which represent a large amount of what you're gonna face past a certain rank and Sweers is probably the worst card in the entire game against this (obviously).

Also, something I wanted to say about Consume/Sweers interaction. It's true that Sweers is a hard counter to the strategy Consume is trying to establish BUT when you rely on tech cards to beat a deck or make a deck playable against, you know that said deck is over powered. Tech cards are meant to be an help for decks that have a tough match up against other gameplan not a must include card because a deck is complete BS. So the whole "Consume will always be taken ashore as long as Sweers is a thing" is definitely a true statement but proves that the current meta is unhealthy and therefore something needs to be done to fix it (if nothing else because Sweers is a faction locked unit and you just can't tell players "you want to beat the tiers one deck of the moment? (again, based on my assumption that if Dwarf if fixed and Consume isn't it will because the tiers one deck of the meta) Too bad, you HAVE to play Nilfgaard now).
 
Last edited:

altaybek

Junior Member
#29
gards;n10233072 said:
All of you complaining are NOT and never have been ST players. Marauders and Agitators are NOT new cards. I've had them for ages now as have most ST players. In fact the dorf deck...as you guys call it has been available to me for yonks! I just have a thing about Elves (love) so didn't play so much with dwarfs before. The cards in the dorfs deck...most of the cards are not new cards.
With any luck, ST will continue to pound you SK and NG players into dust.

As you were :)
This better be satire
 

OG.laloquaint

Junior Member
#30
I know we're all desperate for a balancing update but let's just give them time. They were on vacation for god's sake. They just came back and actually fixed a lot of the technical stuff that was wrong with the game since the previous patch (no more card advantage fiesta.) On top of that we're having the premium keg weekend as well. Y'all can't just expect them to pump out balancing updates every week. Now I know the patch also brought in some more problems but they're minor things (Vreemde guy being a leader and Slave Drivers being able to create non-premium copies of the same unit, which I think was already present.) Anyway, let's just hope that the next update actually balances some things out.
 

balKilen

Junior Member
#31
greedy consume nekkers will never be really popular. there are just too many counters for them. igni, coral, sweers, scorch maybe even lock. this monster deck is extremely disgusting. not only because its almost uncounterable if you do not have the right cards but also because its such a one trick pony that gets shut down so easily IF the opponent has the cards.
 

ZenaRose

Banned
#32
Seriously, CDPR, where is dwarf nerfing patch?
Maybe u dont want balance game before gwent open in 20 january, but seriously, noone care about gwent open if your game is broken
 
Last edited:

Kingoko

Junior Member
#33
Most card should be nerfed to bronze/silver/gold = 8/10/12 power or so. Then with lowered powers of cards it will be so huge easily to balance cards now and in the future.
 

GenLiu

Junior Member
#34
balKilen;n10236562 said:
greedy consume nekkers will never be really popular. there are just too many counters for them. igni, coral, sweers, scorch maybe even lock. this monster deck is extremely disgusting. not only because its almost uncounterable if you do not have the right cards but also because its such a one trick pony that gets shut down so easily IF the opponent has the cards.
Well, in fact it's not that easy.
Let's take Coral for example, she nowhere near a hard counter to consume. If your opponent played their Nekker and you Coral it, they may have another one in hand which will allow them to get the combo going just fine and win the game pretty much as easily.
That's the bigger issue with this unit, now they rised their str to 4, there is not a lot of counters left (I mean, Sweers level of viable counter).
 

gards

Junior Member
#35
GenLiu;n10236932 said:
Well, in fact it's not that easy.
Let's take Coral for example, she nowhere near a hard counter to consume. If your opponent played their Nekker and you Coral it, they may have another one in hand which will allow them to get the combo going just fine and win the game pretty much as easily.
That's the bigger issue with this unit, now they rised their str to 4, there is not a lot of counters left (I mean, Sweers level of viable counter).
You can't trust the forums at all. We all know coral on one nekker isn't going to do shit....So much fake info given on here. Fella plays one nekker..bid deal. Nekker warriors are the problem. Everytim the nekker dies a stronger one appears.

As I said. Ng spy deck players, nekker deck people.
The world of multiplayer games is only full of unpleasant people. As I found on Dayz years back. I'm sure you have all had a sick feeling when coming up against unpleasant people online.

That's the world we live in.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Crazyfisting

Junior Member
#36
I actually really enjoy playing Gwent and it keeps my mind calm and focused...believe it, or not. The problem I have with it though is that if I want to craft a deck, that I feel is fun and different, then I can’t...at least I can’t use it for competitive play and that frustrates me and all because some guy/girl, online, came up with an optimum deck that if you don’t have every single same card and play it in the same boring sequence...you lose. I think every card should be vulnerable to something else to make it completely fair. I play alchemy Nilfgaard and I only have cadeverine card to counter those damn, seemingly, overpowered dwarves, but that card is useless, for a silver, against anything else really. My viper Witcher’s hit at 11 points which is really good for a bronze, but it is terrible when facing dorfs because they are, mostly, low value targets and my cards don’t reach potential. They win by swarming at low value and have some high removal...they are basically optimum on both sides, but most decks are just good at one thing....which is how it should be in my opinion. Example swarm decks good at swarming, but vulnerable to Multiple low removal cards like ballista, consume at gaining high value quickly, but highly vulnerable to scorch and Sweers type removal play etc etc Dorfs are just good at everything at the moment and vulnerable to very little and are very unbalanced and NOT fun to play against haha
 

balKilen

Junior Member
#37
gards;n10237282 said:
You can't trust the forums at all. We all know coral on one nekker isn't going to do shit....So much fake info given on here. Fella plays one nekker..bid deal. Nekker warriors are the problem. Everytim the nekker dies a stronger one appears.

As I said. Ng spy deck players, nekker deck people.
The world of multiplayer games is only full of unpleasant people. As I found on Dayz years back. I'm sure you have all had a sick feeling when coming up against unpleasant people online.

That's the world we live in.
oh come on. i bet you play dwarves since you already tried to defend them. and i didn't evens say that monsters are ok. if you aren't ok with what i wrote then you can say that but don't start to insult and cry about how unpleasant everyone and the whole world is. that's extremely childish.
 
Last edited:

StrykerxS77x

Poser
#38
gards;n10237282 said:
You can't trust the forums at all. We all know coral on one nekker isn't going to do shit....So much fake info given on here. Fella plays one nekker..bid deal. Nekker warriors are the problem. Everytim the nekker dies a stronger one appears.

As I said. Ng spy deck players, nekker deck people.
The world of multiplayer games is only full of unpleasant people. As I found on Dayz years back. I'm sure you have all had a sick feeling when coming up against unpleasant people online.

That's the world we live in.
Players are not to blame for cards and strategies that you don't like.
 

Weevil89

Junior Member
#40
GenLiu;n10233952 said:
You have no idea how many peoples tell me that Sweers is "useless because he appears in no deck lists on the internet" it kinda makes me sad.
That said, the biggest problem with Sweers is that, among the most commonly played decks you also have Shupe Dwarf, which represent a large amount of what you're gonna face past a certain rank and Sweers is probably the worst card in the entire game against this (obviously).

Also, something I wanted to say about Consume/Sweers interaction. It's true that Sweers is a hard counter to the strategy Consume is trying to establish BUT when you rely on tech cards to beat a deck or make a deck playable against, you know that said deck is over powered. Tech cards are meant to be an help for decks that have a tough match up against other gameplan not a must include card because a deck is complete BS. So the whole "Consume will always be taken ashore as long as Sweers is a thing" is definitely a true statement but proves that the current meta is unhealthy and therefore something needs to be done to fix it (if nothing else because Sweers is a faction locked unit and you just can't tell players "you want to beat the tiers one deck of the moment? (again, based on my assumption that if Dwarf if fixed and Consume isn't it will because the tiers one deck of the meta) Too bad, you HAVE to play Nilfgaard now).
This always reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh. Anyone who has ever played that game at a high level can tell you that when people start maindecking tech cards to counter the meta which either partially or completely go against their own deck's strategy, or at the very least don't help it much, you know there is something wrong. In Yu-Gi-Oh players have a 15-card side deck they can fill with all kinds of tech cards to swap in between rounds in a best of three. Despite that, some metas are so oppressive (with games being over in one or two turns) that how you open is so important. People panic and start deconstructing their perfectly viable deck in favour of a mish mash of control cards that effectively only work against one deck. Gwent isn't as complex as Yu-Gi-Oh but the symptoms are still there.

On a side note, there need to be more cards like Sweers in the game. It's almost fortunate that a card such as this exists because most cards nowadays are slot machine, roll-the-dice pure points cards.