Graphic downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh? Does it now, on what basis exactly do you make that particular claim?

Ahhhh..he said it was his opinion. That's really all the basis he needs, for his own opinion.

Different strokes, different folks. If he didn't notice or care about Chromatic Synchronization before, may not notice or care about it now.

Your expectations are not everyone else's - nor is what you see what others see. Personally, I hate Geralt's haircut. Just can't look away from it's terribleness.

But...those rocks. Does everyone objectively think it's ok to have flat, non-3 dimensional rocks?
If not, ok I suppose it's subjective in which case, I rest my rocks.

Edit reason: lost in translation, circular argument nullified.

Hmm if they are showing mix of high and ultra, but not everything maxed out, im wondering if there is some kind of specifically amazing setting they are counting on to blow our minds at launch with...

Otherwise I don't see much reason to not show it before launch, if they deliberately want to leave some settings out, it means there must be something special about them, and that they trust it will most definitely make a difference.

I still believe however that it also has to do with optimization and enhancing graphics/performance happening after the game has been put in disks, that will only come in a day 1 patch. But again, it doesnt sound like something "normal" to do, complete Ultra must have something big about it. Myabe its hairworks, but that has been revealed to be in already....

But...those rocks. Does everyone objectively think it's ok to have flat, non-3 dimensional rocks?

Last edited:
As if those small rocks can't be pushed into the ground and appear flat. ;P I know they are ground textures. but isn't that what tessellation is for? Or is that only for detail and not specifically for 3D ground textures?

He means this http://forums.cdprojektred.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11445&d=1426694708
and yeah, these are ground textures(and not actual rock models which would be 3D), that are inevitably 2D, and they happen to depict some small rocks. Yeah it kinda looks weird but it something so minor that i think that we are getting abit panoid here on this thread.

You can take a close look here http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004...ed_these_lands,_nobody_lives_here_anymore.png

We need to look so down? I care more vegetation

It really depends. If TW3 were an FPS then it would matter but since it is a 3rd person game I think they can get away with that.

As if those small rocks can't be pushed into the ground and appear flat. ;P I know they are ground textures. but isn't that what tessellation is for? Or is that only for detail and not specifically for 3D ground textures?
Not just tessellation, any displacement technique, but as I pointed out, you can see displacement in the gravel-ish part but then it becomes blurry for some reason so some displacement seems to be there but idk what exactly is happening

That's not a rock, that's just part of the ground texture that cannot be 3D obviously. And we can clearly see it's something odd with the image because the texture is both HQ and LQ at the same time

IMHO there are two-three different texturees there.. with the upper one lower in resolution.. Don't know how they manage to "blend" them though

Just a quick question. About that Gamestar article. they said they played game with ultra at 1080p, but doesn't ultra also include ubersmapling (which basically renders in 4k)?
Because, well, that would be really good news for people who play on standard fullhd resolution.

That's possible but point stands, there's something wrong with the ground there because you can clearly see good displacement on the gravel texture and the left side of the pathway compared to the right. Atleast that's how it appears to me.

---------- Updated at 12:40 AM ----------

Just a quick question. About that Gamestar article. they said they played game with ultra at 1080p, but doesn't ultra also include ubersmapling (which basically renders in 4k)?
Because, well, that would be really good news for people who play on standard fullhd resolution.
Nope ubersampling will be added later, and 60 fps with that enabled, on a single 980 is never ever going to happen.

And yet all they did was change the time of day and changed the weather from clear skies to cloudy.

All i have said is that game should look like this! I didn't stated that entire game looks like this.
I hope it does.

Btw, this can be achieved if you change certain lighting values. It doesn't matter is it cloudy or sunny, morning or evening... This is advanced tweaking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom