GRYOnline.pl interview with CDPR studio lead Adam Badowski - translation

+
Thanks for info. It could very well be the Island in the middle at the mouth of the Pontar on the map. The curve of the river doesn't match as well, but it's just concept art. I guess well just have to wait and see.

There's only ONE version of the game. All textures will be the same. Am i reading that right? That's really a big disappointment that CDPR following Ubisoft footsteps. Someone tell me i'm not reading that wrong?

There's only ONE version of the game. All textures will be the same. Am i reading that right? That's really a big disappointment that CDPR following Ubisoft footsteps. Someone tell me i'm not reading that wrong?

You are reading it right, however he goes on to explain less detailed models will be loaded depending on the memory/hardware.

My interpretation of this is that they have high res textures which are then downscaled to suite the hardware, or hardware settings. Basically they will just lower the quality of the texture to suite consoles vs gaming pc rather than creating 3 separate textures specific to each piece of hardware.

I don't want to start a new thread for it, since people are already speculating here about where the open areas will be in the Prologue. But with the E3 presentation and the January Gameplay Roll, they each had us tracking Griffons as a way of getting information about Ciri or Yennefer (One from presumably the Nilfgaardian in the tower and the other from Djikstra.)

I'm curious if they moved the whole Gryphon hunt for information quest to the prologue, or if they have two versions of the quest in different parts of the game. Especially since in the B roll, you're introduced to the Gryphon on the way to White Orchard.

We probably won't know till we get out hands on it. Tho Djikstra wanted the head and the one at the beginning just needed to be killed I guess.

Oooor the one in the beginning was the mother and the second one is the son who wanted revenge! We may have to kill distant relatives also. Witcher 3: Gryphon Genocide.

If PC version is a lot better then Badowski should really stop doing bad PR and should be honest with everyone. Why console gamers are being treated as little kids? Either they are lying to PC gamers or console gamers (bad thing in both cases). Everyone knows PC always gets better visuals. Instead of saying that the game is same on all platforms (which it isn't because even the crappy ports look and perform better on PC than consoles, let alone games coded for PC first), they should say that they are trying their best to make console versions look as good as possible but they will not dictate most advanced platform because of lowest common denominator.

If PC version is a lot better then Badowski should really stop doing bad PR and should be honest with everyone. Why console gamers are being treated as little kids? Either they are lying to PC gamers or console gamers (bad thing in both cases). Everyone knows PC always gets better visuals. Instead of saying that the game is same on all platforms (which it isn't because even the crappy ports look and perform better on PC than consoles, let alone games coded for PC first), they should say that they are trying their best to make console versions look as good as possible but they will not dictate most advanced platform because of lowest common denominator.

His statements completely contradicts those of previous from CDPR where they kept talking how PC will obviously have an edge, whether its superior visuals because of the high-end rig power and other things.

Now he's telling us every version will look the same, have same textures etc.. Even tho those journalists who played the PC version already said that it looks superior to consoles.

Why is he is doing this? They only hurt themself, not the costumers... Does he really think that console gamers don't know about PC capabilities?.. This is absurd.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to start a new thread for it, since people are already speculating here about where the open areas will be in the Prologue. But with the E3 presentation and the January Gameplay Roll, they each had us tracking Griffons as a way of getting information about Ciri or Yennefer (One from presumably the Nilfgaardian in the tower and the other from Djikstra.)

I'm curious if they moved the whole Gryphon hunt for information quest to the prologue, or if they have two versions of the quest in different parts of the game. Especially since in the B roll, you're introduced to the Gryphon on the way to White Orchard.

No clue. Though the Djikstra quest was referred to as a side quest, while this seems to be a main quest.

The forum rules about insults DO apply to CDPR staff as well. If the two people whose posts were deleted would like to make their points in a more civilised manner, they are welcome to do so.

Hmm, since the reveal, interviews have been more damning than good for the game on PC. It's something to be expected i guess, considering it has gone multi-platform. Compromises have been made, which is something they wanted to avoid in the first place. I can only assume the same thing will be happening with Cyberpunk 2077, which will lower the expectations greatly.

As much as i love their games, it's hard to dismiss what's being said and going on.

Can you turn off the hints?

Yes, and then follow the trail of a classic “RPG discoverer”. Noone can accuse us of dumbing down the game. We focused mostly on the transparency of the whole story, the world and the mechanics. We explain everything from the beginning, each character is introduced with some kind of plot. To tell the truth the story starts to rush much later, so we will have time to introduce everything at the beginning.

That's great. I hate dumbed down games with lots of hints that you can't turn off. I feel like a zombie when I play games like that.

"We will look into it."

So you are saying although it was a good idea it was not the one that worth looking into?
I know that there is some pc gameplay media available on youtube but there is not actually uncompressed one.Anyway, it seems no consensus will be reached until 19th May.
I hope it delivers and satisfies most gamers.Good luck.

First time reading this article and I just cant understand how gtx 770 with i7 3770 with 8 gb ram is at same level of visuals and performance of ps4 ? In interview it is stated that assets will be same on both ps4 and pc, difference is only in resolution (both on pc and ps4 will be 1080p) and recommended spec will run on meger 30fps.
WTF

Top Bottom