GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Would you guys consider bringing back the old effect visuals, such as the ones when using potions, consuming cards or epidemic? You said you're going back to the Witcher theme so these more visceral effect would fit.

Raunbjorn

1. I would wait for gameplay, cause all of these questions can be answered with a yes and no at the same time :D

2. Quen nope, but Gabor might :)

3. You'll have time to counter your opponents plays in your turn, we'll also have ambushes for counter-play, you can choose when to activate some ambushes which is cool and a new addition to the game. For example let's say you have an ambush card in play, but the condition for it's activated ability has not been met, you can choose to flip the card and activate it's ability, of course this ability won't be as strong as the one which would be activated if the condition was met and the card flipped on it's own - this is an idea we're toying around with atm :)

That's what I was afraid of. Stupid ambush cards aka secrets in HS. xD Oh well... Let's see how it pans out.
Post automatically merged:

Hey,
First of all I'm super confident you guys will make us love gwent even more. (<3)
Second I have a tiny question about levels: Will we get a new cap level past level 100 cap we have right now ?

Thank you for your work guys ;)

@Champignon69

Moved your post to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered.

The level system will see an overhaul, potentially also increasing the level cap.

@KAPRALMAN

Moved your post to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered.

There aren't such plans to introduce a tracker, at the moment.

Ok so i don t understand. Our entire collection Will be milled? And if we have extra copies we get full value? This is my biggest concern.

Ok so i don t understand. Our entire collection Will be milled? And if we have extra copies we get full value? This is my biggest concern.
How many times should one repeat? Around 80% of the cards will be absolutely changed, thus it will be easier for your entire collection to be milled FOR FULL VALUE, so you can craft and have everything you want from scratch. You lose absolutely nothing in the process, except some time for crafting cards.

How many times should one repeat? Around 80% of the cards will be absolutely changed, thus it will be easier for your entire collection to be milled FOR FULL VALUE, so you can craft and have everything you want from scratch. You lose absolutely nothing in the process, except some time for crafting cards.
While it is true that no real value is lost, there are some immaterial reasons why I'm not happy about having all my cards scraped (at full value).
1. The time to craft all the cards back is pretty high. I basically own a full collection in normal and about a quarter of all premiums. That should be more than 1000 cards. Recrafting every single one of them is a pain in the ass. If every card took 3 seconds that is about an hour you spent doing nothing but crafting. Having to make a choice when first launching homecoming if the player wants to mill his whole collection would be better.
2. The emotional value. I still remember the first premium card I got or which cards I won from which events. Just recrafting those isn't the same. It sounds stupid but it is the same for me in reallife.

Hello everyone, I have been saving my kegs for when homecoming comes out. I was debating just going through them and getting full Mill value for the cards but I just read a post saying that we may not get full Mill value. Will Ark eggs be wiped out when homecoming comes along or if we have 10 kegs before homecoming we have 10 kegs after homecoming?

@Mystikast

Moved post to the discussion thread because the question has already been answered by the devs.

You'll keep your kegs.

Could you check with the dev team and answer the following in relation to the entire mill system with Homecoming?

I'd really like to know how the entire system is going to work.

What happens to any unused ore?

What happens to unopened kegs?

What about unused scrap?

Do we need to spend all of them on cards before Homecoming, so we don't lose out, or do we keep everything unused?

Top Bottom