GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Bruza,
1) Is weather still an engine card (doing repeated damage every turn)? Please don't say WIP. Please let's know the current version at least.
2) Is there a gold weather card which does the effects to both the rows? When I previously asked about if there will be a Rain equivalent of Gold card you said Double No (that time we didn't know about two rows, at least, not surely)
3) How many different flavours of weather cards present now?
4) Does cards like Pit Trap and Lacrate still exist (which does fixed damage to all cards in a row)?
5) Is the next leek video recorded?
6) Will we see more gameplays in next video or some technical aspects and reasons behind them?

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Hi Burza!

I'd like to ask regarding the eSports scene in GWENT and how are you guys working to improve it. Expansion strategies? Changes to tournament formats so you can reach a wider audience? What are your plans for that?

I'm a huge fan and I would love to see GWENT as the #1 card game IN DA WÔRLD! Full stadiums and such. \o/

Cheers!

Hi Mr. Burza,
Now that we know that rows in HC have been given meaning again, i got a question for you.Does positioning in a row also matter in HC ? (back in close Beta you dedicated a whole update to make positioning part of Gwent if i remember correctly)
Thank you in advance and good Homecoming to everyone.

It's different for sure, but some cards have row specifics abilities, plus the introduction of reach mechanic changes they way you position units on the board.

Lots of videos and only 1 month to HC. Can we expect a week with more than 1 video and something this week?

Will the old field medic ability (Choose a different bronze ally and shuffle it back into your deck, than play a bronze unit from your deck) returns? It was one the best ability in the entire game.

This week sth else will happen, starting October we'll have more cool stuff :)

Nope :)

Hello burza. Can you explain this, please:

Q: 6. If you don't buy TB (I don't know why you wouldn't but just theoretically), can you craft the premiums of the TB cards or just the standard versions?

A. You can craft the standard version

In other words, will the premium version be locked behind a TB paywall?

The premiums can only be found in Thronebreaker :)

Hi Burza,

1. If gold immunity, spies, the passing game, and row-specific cards made Open Beta Gwent unique, what are the characteristics that define this new iteration?
2. Also, why during this month was it decided that the gameplay information for Homecoming will be delivered through this forum instead of having a more professional way of showing us, like the videos from last year or streams? You've been doing an awesome job (and I know its a decision taken by the team for the good of the game) but we've been promised info since the end of June, and if we're interested in knowing more we have to come here to see bits of it.

Thanks

1. Activated abilities, turn phase, recruit cost and coinflip fix!
2. In October we'll start doing streams often, for now I want to stick to verbal communication since it's easier, plus I want the team to work on the game and show a more finished product.

1. Will Adda's Striga form still be in Monsters or moved to NR like Draug?

2. Are Fog, Rain, and Frost the only hazards now?

3. Speaking of hazards, in screenshots of Thronebreaker from last year, we saw there was a Fire row hazard. Is that still in Thronebreaker?

4. With return of Witcher tag, will potions have synergy with them, like they had in closed beta?

1. Striga is in monsters
2. Plus Skellige Storm
3. Yes
4. Nope

A Thronebreaker question: with the games you've made in the past, a lot of emphasis has been placed on things like making choices and the like. But there are going to be some people who will want to do things like, say, collect all the premium cards even if they have to make choices they normally would not. I guess my question is: how is Thronebreaker's replayabilty in terms of being able to go back and get the premiums? Can I go back later on, reverse a choice I made first time to get the premium for my collection for example? And for that matter, do I have a unlimited amount of time to make that choice or must I choose quickly?

You'll get them in certain missions, but they won't be influenced by your choices and consequences.

Hello Burza,

regarding the provision system: is the provision cost of a given card fixed beforehand? or can it dynamically change while building our decks under certain conditions? For example: adding more alchemy cards could possibly increase the provision cost of a viper witcher (as it would get more value)

Thanks for your time!

No, they are fixed based on ability of the card.

Hi Burza,

Since thronebreaker is a standalone game, is it still connected to our Gwent account somehow? How will we obtain premium cards from thronebreaker?

Thronebreaker can be played offline?

Yes, you'll get 20 cards for multiplayer plus other trinkets :)

It can be played offline.

Hello Burza,

1. Can we have another good day this week with a new video?
2. And if the answer is yes, what its the next video about?
3. With less than 1 month untill HC you guys have a lot of things to show us and a lot of things to work on still. Will we get updated every week?

Thanks for everything!

1. No video this week
3. Starting October

Hello Burza... so, less then a month remaining before the release of thronebreaker. Have you guys decided when you'll show the first glimpse of the project since the scope change? Anything this week?

Asking this since you guys said the pre-orders should start by the end of this month. With pre-order announcement it is expected to have some more visual information and this is the last week of workdays in this month.

Thanks in advance. :)

Info is coming soon :)

Dear Bruza,
1) Is weather still an engine card (doing repeated damage every turn)? Please don't say WIP. Please let's know the current version at least.
2) Is there a gold weather card which does the effects to both the rows? When I previously asked about if there will be a Rain equivalent of Gold card you said Double No (that time we didn't know about two rows, at least, not surely)
3) How many different flavours of weather cards present now?
4) Does cards like Pit Trap and Lacrate still exist (which does fixed damage to all cards in a row)?
5) Is the next leek video recorded?
6) Will we see more gameplays in next video or some technical aspects and reasons behind them?

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

1) Frost WIP
Deal 2 damage to the lowest power unit on the row on turn start.
Timer: 4

2) Nope
3) Standard: frost, rain, fog and Skellige storm
4) Yes, but Pit Trap is different
5) No
6) That will come with streams in October

Hi Burza!

I'd like to ask regarding the eSports scene in GWENT and how are you guys working to improve it. Expansion strategies? Changes to tournament formats so you can reach a wider audience? What are your plans for that?

I'm a huge fan and I would love to see GWENT as the #1 card game IN DA WÔRLD! Full stadiums and such. \o/

Cheers!

Hi!

For now we need to see how e-sports perform after we launch Homecoming, but we have some things planned for the future.

Thanks!
Pawel

Hi Burza, in your opinion , what percent do you considerate would change in mechanics of the game in hc?
do you feel is like a new gwent game or improved game of gwent?

I miss the romance cards of the witcher (the first game) do you have a kind gwent game with that kind mature type of cards in the studio? if is yes, do you plan some day show a video how it is?

Hello Burza, I'm a fanatic NR player, I am loving what you guys have shown so far on HC, but I have one thing to ask, can we have masked commando art on the blue stripes commando card instead of bald commando? It's my favorite art in the game and I would love to have it back. Patiently waiting for the NR leeks :p , HC looks amazing, I can't wait to play it and craft my decks, the provisions system sounds great, well done guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom