GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the current refund model for nerfed cards coming up in the next patch, we will be able to convert meteorite powder into scraps. Are there any restriction or limitations on this? Personally it'd be great if this was allowed but it'd be nice to have confirmation.

EDIT: I guess this isn't something that will be answered before the livestream.

Last edited:
Technical question, when using cards that can pick others cards from multiple locations, is there a way to tell which one is which? Griffin, is it my or their grave? Aeromancy, is it my deck or grave etc? I lost games because of the confusion and just had to rely on luck sometimes.

Hi,
are you considering adding special game modes either for casual purposes or maybe in order to expend the competetive scene?

Elderspeech question,
What does Imlerith's Laadaa Naah mean?
is there a lists of already translated Elderspeech?

Was Barrel (the card game played by dwarves in the books) ever considered as a possible name for Gwent when it was being first developed for TW3? I have been wondering why an entirely new card game was added to the world when there was one available in the lore. Is the name Gwent from the original Polish books?

I apreciated the stick reference Dominika.Skubida

Brenex;n8830990 said:
Is the compensation scrap being awarded ONLY to players who bought kegs with money? I'm asking because there are players who milled a lot of cards (from kegs awarded when CB ended), and those cards would have been worth double scrap if held on to.

The compensation affects only kegs bought with money.

Splashdown11;n8834920 said:
Do you know if there are any plans to bring Gwent to Mac? Thanks!

Currently, we are focusing on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

KingPegasus;n8836040 said:
Technical question, when using cards that can pick others cards from multiple locations, is there a way to tell which one is which? Griffin, is it my or their grave? Aeromancy, is it my deck or grave etc? I lost games because of the confusion and just had to rely on luck sometimes.

Everything depends on the card’s keywords and descriptions.
Aeromancy – Play a Weather card from your Deck or Graveyard.
Girffin – Move a card from one Graveyard to the other.

Hematomas;n8837910 said:
Hi,
are you considering adding special game modes either for casual purposes or maybe in order to expend the competetive scene?

We will be adding more game modes in the future. :)

IAxiiYourMother;n8839100 said:
Was Barrel (the card game played by dwarves in the books) ever considered as a possible name for Gwent when it was being first developed for TW3? I have been wondering why an entirely new card game was added to the world when there was one available in the lore. Is the name Gwent from the original Polish books?

The original name, used by Andrzej Sapkowski in his books, is GWINT. :)

IAxiiYourMother;n8839100 said:
I apreciated the stick reference Dominika.Skubida

Thanks. :D

Hey Dominika.Skubida lets say you are changing the leaders and i had additional Francersca cuz i was thinking that you will full refund it cause its LEADER so i milled it for 200, but you are changing this card so i could get 800 scrap if i just wait.... consider that to refund full cost not the 200 only cuz its kinda unfair and hurting for people like me whom get LEADER for lvl 20 reward, also you are locking LEADERS so its kinda your fault for allowing milling, getting additional leaders, im not blaming but i spend still a lot of time for dailys just to get deck i wanted so wasting scrap isnt funny for me.
Greetings

Guest 4021160

1. Zerikania/Kovir as a faction?
2. Spectres as an archtype for monsters? Also striga as a card?
3. Rats (the gang) archtype for NR?
4. Do you have new mechanics in mind for new factions?
5. Dudu changing appearence mechanic?

Thanks for replying on aeromancy /Griffin, but what I mean is, when the selection screen shows up, and let's say I can see 6 foglets in there for Griffin, how do I know which one are in my grave yard, which one is theirs? I wanted to move one from theirs to mine, but couldn't tell so I ended up giving them one of mine instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will we able to mill for 100% value card which we dropped from kegs? Or the 100% milling is only for crafted cards?

Will leaderboard win/loss statistics reset every time a season hits? Or will they remain as a permanent record?

wolskikamil92;n8843900 said:
Hey Dominika.Skubida lets say you are changing the leaders and i had additional Francersca cuz i was thinking that you will full refund it cause its LEADER so i milled it for 200, but you are changing this card so i could get 800 scrap if i just wait.... consider that to refund full cost not the 200 only cuz its kinda unfair and hurting for people like me whom get LEADER for lvl 20 reward, also you are locking LEADERS so its kinda your fault for allowing milling, getting additional leaders, im not blaming but i spend still a lot of time for dailys just to get deck i wanted so wasting scrap isnt funny for me.
Greetings

Leaders will not be refundable.

KingPegasus;n8852230 said:
Thanks for replying on aeromancy /Griffin, but what I mean is, when the selection screen shows up, and let's say I can see 6 foglets in there for Griffin, how do I know which one are in my grave yard, which one is theirs? I wanted to move one from theirs to mine, but couldn't tell so I ended up giving them one of mine instead.

We are aware of this issue and we are working on improving the UI.

In0va;n8853740 said:
Will cards, resources and levels be reset when the game launches?

We are not planning any additional resets. :)

zuodziej;n8860480 said:
Will we able to mill for 100% value card which we dropped from kegs? Or the 100% milling is only for crafted cards?

The possibility of milling cards for their full value will be available for some of the changed cards (full list will come together with Patch Notes) and it doesn’t matter how you got those cards.

Hi devs! I know this question might be not respecting some rules but I would really know if you will one day present a Toussaint faction or some card which came from the DLC of W3. Thanks for the answer and sorry if I've breaked some rules!

I just reached level 20 and received my random gold card ... Geralt. Is it correct that after the patch I'll be able to sell that for full replacement value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom