HD Textures - we surely need a mod with them!

+
Actually, i can tell that in Unreal 4, for example, there is a great difference between without/with translucency on vegetation.

EDIT : And by the way isn't vegetation textures managed by speedtree in this game ? Is it really moddable ?

Woah, that's... incredibly bad. I mean, that would be a huge downgrade. I always thought grass could be "fixed" but hopes getting down :(

But of course I might be wrong, so I ask you, have you unpacked the textures and noticed they are higher quality than what they look like in game?
Use a DDS viewer to see by yourself as I did. The difference is humongous. It trully is a renderer thing with or without lighting method.
And to remind you, it was the patch 1.04 I think that had a fix for "better rendering of grass on ultra settings"

translucency still work partially on tress and bushes, it look a bit lower quality than the old trailers, but its still there in some form , the thing that is grass dosnt seems to be affected by it, i might be able to make it work, but i have the finish updating stlm first

translucency still work partially on tress and bushes, it look a bit lower quality than the old trailers, but its still there in some form , the thing that is grass dosnt seems to be affected by it, i might be able to make it work, but i have the finish updating stlm first

I'm gonna donate something to you someday, you're a hero for this community!

Use a DDS viewer to see by yourself as I did. The difference is humongous. It trully is a renderer thing with or without lighting method.
And to remind you, it was the patch 1.04 I think that had a fix for "better rendering of grass on ultra settings"

So what did patch 1.04 do? Add a bit of translucency?

so i took look at the grass and unfortunately i couldnt open the SRT files :( they are probably speed tree proprietary format ,so ther's no way to edit them, am sure many have already noticed that but the grass texture is actually pretty high when you open it, but in game it look very low res, its weird

will continue to look into it, but the hope is dead

Yeah unfortunately, the .srt files are not editable, not even with speedtree. It could have been doable if we had the .smp files.

am sure many have already noticed that but the grass texture is actually pretty high when you open it, but in game it look very low res, its weird

I didn't noticed you said that. It's weird because you are wrong.The texture file, indeed, is big ( 2048*2048 ), but many textures are stored in that one image. And then, the little bunches of grass you can see almost everywhere, for example, got only a 385*385 texture.

(By the way, it's off topic but I still need some help with a big issue I got with the mod editor :/ )

Last edited:
I didn't noticed you said that. It's weird because you are wrong.The texture file, indeed, is big ( 2048*2048 ), but many textures are stored in that one image. And then, the little bunches of grass you can see almost everywhere, for example, got only a 385*385 texture.

(By the way, it's off topic but I still need some help with a big issue I got with the mod editor :/ )

thats because that small grass itself is small to begin with, still when you open it it look way more sharper then in game, maybe ther's some scaling factor in the srt files

If I would have REDKit, I could help with the retexturing of the grass. The very important thing to do it's also making color-compatible terrain textures of the ground to avoid weird effect of non matching colours. In my mod to other game: http://www.moddb.com/mods/autumn-aurora-compilation-mod/images/autumn-aurora-21210#imagebox I spent a lot of time to receive this effect and I hope that Witcher 3 can offer edition something like that WITHOUT editing basic ground textures.

If I would have REDKit, I could help with the retexturing of the grass. The very important thing to do it's also making color-compatible terrain textures of the ground to avoid weird effect of non matching colours. In my mod to other game: http://www.moddb.com/mods/autumn-aurora-compilation-mod/images/autumn-aurora-21210#imagebox I spent a lot of time to receive this effect and I hope that Witcher 3 can offer edition something like that WITHOUT editing basic ground textures.

Hey Vandrerer, did you see the thread about snowy white trees mod request on skellige?
Don't want to bother you but I think it's a good idea and you're the one who I thought could do it.

Top Bottom