Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Yeah, I was wondering that too about today will it be released on steam before the consoles? Cause Steam says its still April 7th for today and usually games release at either 10 am, or 10 pm on steam.

Did anyone else notice that if you buy The Witcher 3 + The Expansion Pass bundle it doesn't factor in your discounts on TW3? It should charge you $73 -- $48 for TW3 plus $25 for the expansion pass. But instead it charges you $80.

I made a post about this in the GOG thread but I haven't gotten a response yet.

Yeah, wondering that too. Currently, it is cheaper to buy them separately than buy as a pack. Please fix, GOG.

Yeah, wondering that too. Currently, it is cheaper to buy them separately than buy as a pack. Please fix, GOG.

I think that's because the $48 for TW3 reflects a pre-order discount. But yeah, it's an anomaly and they should correct it.

This is a pretty good point. Bioshock Infinite for me was 12.5 hours and probably close to the best $60 I've ever spent.
Do I think two TW3 expansions will be as good as Bioshock Infinite? No, not really. But I'm getting twice as much of it and only have to pay a third the price, so I'm feeling the value for content here is waaaaay more than fair.
Ugh...90% of Bioshock was about shooting stuff(with poor gunplay at that), so I am pretty sure I will get better value out of 30 hours of witchery tbh.

lol, people over at the steam forums are going coocoo for coco puffs, calling CD Project hypocrites and greedy, or saying they are cutting out content to sell as expansions. It is actually entertaining :lol:

It will be great if you guys announce at first. I bought 2 copies of games now so I don't have extra budget for this. :(

Worth posting this image. CDPR going back to the good old 1999 era with actual new content for expansions.

Copy/pasting this from another site:

What people don't understand is that for every single AAA game expansions, DLC, and addons are contracted years in advance. The entire timeline for developing, patching, advertising, and creating DLC is already set in stone years before release.

Activision/EA/Ubisoft aren't gambling millions of dollars on these developers with a contract that says "okay, here's your money, go have fun." Everything from hiring, firing, auditing, developing, alpha testing, character art, and DLC has been written out and agreed upon before the agreement is signed.

For the bigger releases like Destiny, everything has been contracted for 10 years. Go read their contract. I read the whole thing. They have timelines for every single DLC that will be sold. They have sections for hiring and firing staff, they have auditing, they have commercials, advertising, alpha testing, and every tiny detail you can imagine. It has all been decided already.

These companies that are telling you about their DLC before release are the ones being honest with you. They're telling you their long-term plans for the game. Don't chastise them for it. That's encouraging these companies to keep it a secret until you have already sunk your money into the title

Last edited:
@Evocative: Independent studios work differently, so your point doesn't apply here. And major publishers can perfectly be criticized for crooked practices when they deserve it.

1st off thanks for the 16 free dlc's..2nd The expansion pass with over 30 hours plus game play and other features are well worth the money.3rd being this game you all created well need i say more and rpg players dream come true. To me what i've seen so far from reading and watching game play video;s is wow.teriffic...

The Witcher 3 two add-ons pass

Hello, dear CD Projekt RED!

First of all, I am really thankful for all that you've done to make The Witcher game series come true and for all that you've done for the whole game development community. I guess, you guys are just like a little island in the stormy sea of DLC's which come with the release right on a disk, 20 new haircuts for hero's pet only for 10$ and etc and etc.

I appreciate that you have brought almost 15 GBs of patches and add-ons to The Witcher 2, the whole EE's of both first and second part are great - not to say more. And its 2015 but you still hold your ground. That's why I bought the first game when it released, that's why I bought the second one in collector's edition and I was totally in love with it and that's why I've pre-ordered that epic collector's edition with lots of things inside of it.

But... in Russia, where I live, with all that crazy things going over economy and dollar-ruble exchange, the price has grown a bit. That's not really the case, it doesnt matter, to tell the truth. And dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to look mean or stingy! But when I pay 200$ to get your fantastic collector's edition of em all, and then I find out that season pass still goes divided from it, its a bit of a frustration. I understand your position about equality of all who are going to buy your game, that's good one. And still I have a question. Isnt it better to include season pass in collector's edition? Just as a small gift for all of your true fans, who are counting down the hours until 19th of May?

With best regards,
Me.

(And forgive me for mistakes, since its not my mother tongue :>)

I am not sure I can offer you any hope, especially with the situation with the Russian distributors, the ruble, and all the fingers being pointed. But you certainly do not have to apologize for your English or the way you make your case.

The upcoming expansions will offer gamers new adventures, gear and foes and will feature characters both new and dearly missed -- all crafted with maximum attention to detail and quality by the joint forces of CD PROJEKT RED’s Warsaw and Cracow studios.

View attachment 12197

OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD!!!!!!!!!!

Im crossing my fingers that in one of them, we will see the coolest most eloquent, friendly vampire barber of all time!

---------- Updated at 05:59 AM ----------

Anyway, ive never bothered with season passes Because they are BS ,IMHO. But these is CDP were talking about, so how do they work and how much is it gonna cost?

Attachments

• fe0e7f623ac557ecfd8bf21e55dff0fd1289af3574362b3b3d702c2572a9b4a7.jpg
    fe0e7f623ac557ecfd8bf21e55dff0fd1289af3574362b3b3d702c2572a9b4a7.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 39
crectrach - I disagree that CDPR should just include the expansion packs as part of the collectors edition. In fact you know what, I think CDPR should actually charge for the 16 free DLCs they are giving, because looking at all the comments today, people really don't deserve the free stuff.

Most companies would charge about $50 for the 16 free DLCs. And probably $60 for the expansion packs. This is what the current market trend is. And people are complaining when you are getting an insane deal from CDPR in the current market?

EDIT - And your small gift for being long time fans are the 16 FREE DLCs.

EDIT 2 - Unless you mean you'd pay $250 for the CE with the expansion pass, coz that can work. But I think CDPR may not have finalized with what they wanted to do after finishing the game.

Last edited:
It's $20.00 bucks. It is a game. No one is putting a gun to your head to buy it. If that is how anyone makes a purchase decision on a $20.00 product...

I just spent $42.50 to go see Furious 7 (2 1/2 hrs) with my son, on iMAX. In about 7 days, I am writing a check to the IRS for $10,000.00. $20.00 for 20-30 hrs of entertainment from a video game I really enjoy? Cool.

As a general comment: 32 page thread, about half of it (if not more) whining about the announcement date, conspiracy theories about cut content... stop it.

As a general comment, I say let people discuss whatever they feel like discussing. As a second general comment, the ease with which, at the drop of a hat, really, some call for, say, threads to be locked and, say, discussions to be halted and suffocated is just downright astonishing, especially when voiced, of all places, on a public internet forum! Fellow members, again, by all means, please do keep on discussing what you feel like discussing.

On topic -
Why, of course. Nobody is forcing me to buy anything.

That says absolutely nothing about the value proposition of the pre-orderable expansion pass, whose standards - by the way - should be measured not only against what happens in other industries, not merely against what happens in the videogame industry, but against the standards CD Projekt have set for themselves as of late, notably for the TW3 .

You're entirely free to spend whichever kind of money on whichever kind of blockbuster you deem fit. But please do not offer that example as though it illustrated some sort of overarching consumer ethos that would somehow apply to me. The expansion packs offer good value for money, no doubt about it, just not as much as the TW3, at least apparently.

As far as I can tell, that's the gist of it.

Last edited:
As a general comment, I say let people discuss whatever they feel like discussing. As a second general comment, the ease with which, at the drop of a hat, really, some call for, say, threads to be locked and, say, discussions to be halted and suffocated is just downright astonishing, especially when voiced, of all places, on a public internet forum. Fellow members, by all means, please do keep on discussing what you feel like discussing.

On topic -
Why, of course. Nobody is forcing me to buy anything.

That says absolutely nothing about the value proposition of the pre-orderable expansion pass per se, whose standards - by the way - should be measured not merely against what happens in other industries, not merely against what happens in the videogame industry, but against the standards CD Projekt has set for themselves as of late, notably for the TW3 itself.

You're entirely free to spend whichever kind of money on whichever kind of blockbuster you deem fit. But please do not offer that example as though it illustrated some sort of overarching consumer ethos that would somehow apply to me. The expansion packs offer good value for money, just not as much as the TW3, apparently. As far as I can tell, that's the gist of it.

So, in other words, if the TW3 was a 50hour game that had no loyalty discount then this expansion would be totally fine with you?

I have to say I did a double take when I saw this -- BUT APRIL FIRST WAS LAST WEEK? Now I've let me nerves settle, I have to say this is pretty exciting. I have no money right now, so I will have to wait before I throw any more cash at video games in general. But I'm definitely interested in how CDPR are going to bring back the quality expansion packs we'd been used to back in the BG and NWN days. *dreamy sigh*

Top Bottom