High heels vs character-believability and respect

+
Speaking of Raiden:

It was explained why he has them. The high heels are actually his feet and what's also interesting he can flex them, as if they were natural part of his body since he is a cyborg. I know it doesn't change the fact that they still look like high heels, but anyone who has played Revengeance will know Raiden uses them to fight especially when he grabs the sword with his feet and starts slashing enemies by kicking them.

Last edited:
I dislike Ciri's wardrobe, just like i dislike Triss's. I think both women are done up more for eye-candy, and most explanations presented so far are just excuses for it. I also don't understand why we need to see Ciri's bra. I'm over it, and i really thought CD would have designed both women better. There are so many ways to make a woman look beautiful, feminine and sexy without resorting to cheap tactics.
And yes, i agree with the comment, that both character models seems to look the same, and as i understand from what people have said here, Ciri should look more 'slender', not so curvy.

- If they were just eye candy, they wouldn't be complex characters and have interesting back stories, or even have prominent roles in the witcher universe.
- How do you make a woman look beautiful, feminine and sexy with out making them physically attractive? Giving a woman a personality and a beautiful mind sure, but triss already has one, and she's physically beautiful. So what cheap tactics are being used here?
- The bra? Women wear bras right? If she didn't wear a bra then people would be complaining about this like they are with the heals.

I dislike Ciri's wardrobe, just like i dislike Triss's. I think both women are done up more for eye-candy, and most explanations presented so far are just excuses for it. I also don't understand why we need to see Ciri's bra. I'm over it, and i really thought CD would have designed both women better. There are so many ways to make a woman look beautiful, feminine and sexy without resorting to cheap tactics.
And yes, i agree with the comment, that both character models seems to look the same, and as i understand from what people have said here, Ciri should look more 'slender', not so curvy.

I would hardly call the small window into Ciri's bra a cheap tactic. For most female models, they've toned down the sexuality since the first game. Both Triss and Yen are fully covered, with minimal cleavage. Ciri is a bit more glamorized than I expected, but they haven't made her a sex object. Triss in the image below has hardly any makeup.

I also think there's a bit of a visual shift we have to acknowledge as the characters go from RED engine 1 to RED engine 3.

most explanations presented so far are just excuses for it.
And there needs to be an "explanation" for it because?

There are so many ways to make a woman look beautiful, feminine and sexy without resorting to cheap tactics.
Such as? What "cheap tactics"?

We're not resorting to the "it's bad because boobies" school I hope...

Last edited:
Let's not forget this is a topic about Ciri's heels (probably should merge).

For a broader discussion on Ciri's design, this thread may be used.

For a discussion on character designs in general, go to this thread.

Heels are good for cavalry I hear, but for running and walking yeah a bit shit. Still art design of CDPR shits on the rest of the industry, so it's not a big thing in my eye.

Let's not forget this is a topic about Ciri's heels (probably should merge).

For a broader discussion on Ciri's design, this thread may be used.

For a discussion on character designs in general, go to this thread.

True, sorry, my comments were more general. I won't reply to some of the questions as i don't want to go more off topic. I guess i'm looking at thingsfrom a much broader area, rather than just one area (heels).

And no Sid, i'm not resorting to the 'its bad coz boobies'. It's a much broader issue, and my comments come from that. The heels are only part of the problem.
I'll say no more, i've already dragged this off topic enough. I do agree with the opinion that i don't think the heels are right, even if it is for mostly different reasons than most people's on here.

I took another look and the heels should indeed be shortened. It's uncomfortable to walk and move around in.

To be perfectly honest I didn`t even notice the heels until it was brought up and even then it doesn`t bother me that much . Knowing CD Projekt RED though i`m sure they have their reasons that are unknown by us for dressing Ciri as they did . One thing i`m fairly certain of is that wherever Ciri was and whatever kind of life she was living the Wild Hunt found her and she had to use the "travel" escape plan yet again .

doesn't bother me at all you guys are making a fuss over nothing
but with a game that looks so awesome sure we need something to complain about I guess

Cynthia also has high heels similar to Triss. I don't mind, even though probably for the sake of realism she also could use more comfortable boots:

Last edited:
One post has evoked a fairly strong reaction resulting in the deletion of both posts.

I would like to remind everyone that discussing the practicality of heeled shoes in an active lifestyle is fair enough, but slut-shaming women based on fashion decisions most definitely is not. Please keep this conversation civil.

Have you seen Geralt's waist-to-chest ratio? That's not very realistic either, but I'm not going to make a thread about it.

Have you seen Geralt's waist-to-chest ratio? That's not very realistic either, but I'm not going to make a thread about it.

Considering Geralt is wearing armor vs. this guy wearing nothing I'd say his dimensions aren't too out of proportion:

Top Bottom