Hope the Witcher 3 is more like the first one

+
In terms of RPG systems? let it be more like TW1
In terms of polish and writing? let it be more like TW2

Food for thought for those who are interested. One major distinction between TW3 and TW2 already (besides the open world) is the fact that the main story for TW3 will be a much more personal story about Geralt and his friends similar to TW1. This won't be the geopolitical conflict between nations like we saw in TW2, although the side quests and missions will still allude to that very much. It's a fair assumption to say that TW3 will cover themes and areas of the two previous games as well as expanding far beyond that in scope.

I loved how the Witcher 1 had philosophical undertones to it.

Geralt's Amnesia allowed the player to make decisions regarding his witcher's path and his position on the conflicts between the Scoi'atel and the order. The plot twist with Alvin being the Grandmaster also didn't really hit me until the second play through, so I thought it was brilliant.

I am a little worried about the dialogue writers for Witcher 3 through. They said in an interview that 'players don't like exposition' when really we didn't like Letho's giant exposition dump at the very end of Assassins of Kings game. The rest of it was paced quite well. In the first game I loved being able to talk to lots of different NPC's just to find out about the world, and so long as the dialogue is written well, I don't mind lots of it. After all, the games are based on a series of books. But to me it seemed that Geralt is trying to be Clint Eastwood in the Wild Hunt. Makes me kinda sad. Everyone's just kind of straight to the point. I enjoyed his sarcastic little quips and social commentary from the first game. it was my favorite thing about him.

Though having read some of the books I do realize he is a little bit more stoic than that.

I loved how the Witcher 1 had philosophical undertones to it.

Geralt's Amnesia allowed the player to make decisions regarding his witcher's path and his position on the conflicts between the Scoi'atel and the order. The plot twist with Alvin being the Grandmaster also didn't really hit me until the second play through, so I thought it was brilliant.

I am a little worried about the dialogue writers for Witcher 3 through. They said in an interview that 'players don't like exposition' when really we didn't like Letho's giant exposition dump at the very end of Assassins of Kings game. The rest of it was paced quite well. In the first game I loved being able to talk to lots of different NPC's just to find out about the world, and so long as the dialogue is written well, I don't mind lots of it. After all, the games are based on a series of books. But to me it seemed that Geralt is trying to be Clint Eastwood in the Wild Hunt. Makes me kinda sad. Everyone's just kind of straight to the point. I enjoyed his sarcastic little quips and social commentary from the first game. it was my favorite thing about him.

Though having read some of the books I do realize he is a little bit more stoic than that.

Yeah, CDPR added a little bit to his personality. Let's hope they can keep it up. Also, the lengthy rant with Lethro just made me love the depth of the story that much more, it just would have been better spread a bit more through the game rather than all at once at the end, but they were putting so much catch up in for all of us not having options to buy all the books. XD I must be an odd one that loves that kind of thing overall, though, probably why I love reading the books too, though.

What I like most about the first game was the music and especially the art style. Colorful but realistic, like an oil painting. I also hope the flashbacks are going to be mpre like in the first game or in the World TW2 trailer. I don't really like the comic book style flashbacks from TW2.

What I like most about the first game was the music and especially the art style. Colorful but realistic, like an oil painting. I also hope the flashbacks are going to be mpre like in the first game or in the World TW2 trailer. I don't really like the comic book style flashbacks from TW2.

sadly they will be comic like

The Witcher 2 lacked the atmosphere the first one had. I bought the Witcher 1 last year thinking I was buying the second one because I had no idea there were two and holy shit this is the greatest rpg of all time! no best game of all time! In the The Witcher I actually felt like a Witcher, the world was dark and dirty and I think the story and the all the side quests where better then the second one. The soundtrack from the first game was fucking beautiful, really got me immersed. Please CD hire those people who worked on the soundtrack in the first game and put it in the third!

You are my man. Witcher one is love, Witcher 2 just very good game. I hope that atmosphere from TW1 gets there although I think it won´t feel as good as TW1. On the other hand game is really beautiful.

Anyway I didn´t read the discussion yet but I guess it is lot about TW1 vs TW2 isn´t it?

EDIT:Okay...read it all. Time for my piece.
Why is TW1 so good? World is big enough, not too big to get lost, not too small to feel like gameworld/levels. It is one big puzzle made out of lot of pieces working together. Everything makes sense. You make a choice=game gives you logical yet not obvious outcome. All items provided have some use such as gifts/combat tools/ways to begin meditation/alchemy parts/books and so on. Game rewards for beign intrested. You explore a lot? You can find lot of optional great stuff and something can even help you in main campaign. The choices the game gives you provide lot of freedom(do you think this guy deserves to die? kill him, is he good to go? let him go, should he be punished by authorities, report him..). Immersion is on very high level in everything you do in the game. Also awesome characters...humans(and not just them) in all their shine and dirt.

Other great things. Alchemy, minigames, skill tree, sex cards, whole diary thing, music, quest board and story.

Combat on hard is very solid I would say.

Weak things-combat on normal and easy, backtracking and some annoying respawns, there could be little more combat loot but just a little, unbalanced signs.

Witcher 2 in my opinion makes many things more straight, areas feel like tunneled levels also I simply dislike politics in story. Crafting system requires hoarding of otherwise useles items just for case you might need them.There is way less stuff to explore and overall less things to do. Less people to talk to less choices to be made although if you make a choice it has a big impact. Overall atmosphere is worse to me same as music. Alchemy is worse, minigames not that fun. There is way too much loot but only few of armors and swords are actually useful. Combat is better even though it had some flaws. I also think that skill trees are worse but they support replayability.

Last edited:
Both had very good qualities, but were totally different. The common ground between both games is that decision-and-consequence that spans almost all of the games' duration. The first felt magical. Many many hair-raising moments, awesome atmosphere and the question "what happened to that guy?" The second game was more political. It didn't have all that magical feeling the first had, nor the ammount of monsters, but there were layers upon layers of intrigue. The main villain was memorable, as is the hatred I felt at the end about almost all the sorceresses. And of course the protagonist got back all ( or almost all ) of his memories.

The third game seems to be returning to its roots, with the atmosphere and all that, but keeping the political games of the second, possibly much less, since the world's state is way more different than the first or second games. Also, now we have a pissed off Geralt, whose idillyc life was stolen from him, on the trail for a woman he loved ( or still does according to your preferences ) and his adopted daughter. Heck, if that doesn't call for going all "medievalish clint eastwood" on their a**es, I don't know what does! That doesn't mean that he will stop being the Geralt we know. He seems the same character from what I've seen, just a bit more angrier.

Also, keep in mind that when W2 was in development, CDPR had some troubles, meaning they had to rush some things, and leave others completely out. Now they're as strong as ever. There will be things that some of us won't like, that is taste. But all in all, I've come to believe that this will be the best game of all three.

Witcher 2 was a very good but a generic game. With second game CDPR lost that Eastern Europe, Slavic touch. Witcher 1 was something uniqe. Monsters, people's culture, art style... W1 was like an artist's paint; artist painted it like how he like it. But W2 is like an ordered paint. Still a very beatiful drawing but not much different than which are already in the market.

Witcher 2 was a very good but a generic game. With second game CDPR lost that Eastern Europe, Slavic touch. Witcher 1 was something uniqe. Monsters, people's culture, art style... W1 was like an artist's paint; artist painted it like how he like it. But W2 is like an ordered paint. Still a very beatiful drawing but not much different than which are already in the market.
If you suggest that TW2 is anything like shit Bioware games then I advise you to cut it before it gets messy

Last edited:
What? Chill out. I just explained my opinion, i just want that dark, desperate atmosphere back...

Dear God, reading comments made by old me is weird. I was so nice back then. Ugh. And I made a double post... I hate old me already.

Anyway, no need to get aggressive, guys.

From what I have seen from the 35 minute demo, No man's land is precisely that.

Yeah, but, I want no political correctness, no "Oh, we can't have that, because, people can't handle that in current social climates." The only one I EVER respected on CDPR's choice on that was the praying mat from a specific religion (in part 2). Fine, it wasn't known when they put it in game, no biggie. Further political correctness, needs to be absolutely gone here.

I am hoping we have several politically incorrect creatures to deal with like in the first game, not covered up in game.

Hoping they didn't have to censor more than they worked out with the ESRB in Witcher 2. The sex scenes which were much improved from 1 but; I'll never get the stupid issue with keeping a little memento like, in part 1. To remember the ex's by (today that would be a photograph).

Also, hoping the writing is on par with legendary writers I know and love as it was in part 2 as well, 1 was great but it was a bit flawed story-wise, it was much more fluid and believable in part 2.

The demo has helped but, I want to see this is absolutely what I loved and stuck by this game for, its uniqueness from the mainstream censored crap, for the average.

Last edited:
Dear God, reading comments made by old me is weird. I was so nice back then. Ugh. And I made a double post... I hate old me already.

Anyway, no need to get aggressive, guys.

I think people hate new you too...
Anyway, played some of those additional stories from EE of the witcher 1, and I felt something was lost in both tw2 and tw3

That second image in the first two links isn't Novigrad. All they did was get rid of the yellowish filter and sharpening filter. The build in this pic if from E3 and was months old then. It's insanely out dated now.

Anyway, the trade area of Vizima wasn't even that gloomy. People wearing colorful clothing, dancing, music.

Last edited:
Top Bottom