HUGE missed opportunity in Secrets of Loc Muinne

+
HUGE missed opportunity in Secrets of Loc Muinne

OK, I just finished EE for the first time today, siding with Iorveth. While I liked Secrets, with the puzzles, the characters and all, at the end it left me severely disappointed because of one thing.

Geralt gets the opportunity to scan a person of his choosing using the prototype megascope, and there's no possibility of scanning for Yennefer?

I mean, since Act I, one of Geralt's biggest motivations is to find out what happened to her! Scanning for Yen is so obvious, that prior to actually getting the list of possible characters, I thought Geralt would just choose her by default.

Anyone feel the same way?

Yep... have been thinking that to :)

Scanning for Triss/Yenefer was not possible... only Roche, Saskia, Dandelion & Zoltan...

In the books, Vilgefortz tries to find where Yennifer is hiding together with Ciri using various scanning techniques, but Yennifer specifically does not wear any "trackable" items such as rings, bracelets or necklaces except for her obsidian star, making her impossible to find. In Witcher 2, Triss does not wear any such items either. The inability to scan Triss and Yennifer would make logical sense if it was intended, they probably forgot to present it properly.

That megascope was such a let-down. Radovid was such a random choice (although I liked his scene the most) and I expected to be able to scan for Zoltan, or at least see him with Dandelion or something. Nope. Triss can be scanned, so I don't know why you are saying she can't...?

QuZyX said:
Yep... have been thinking that to :)

Scanning for Triss/Yenefer was not possible... only Roche, Saskia, Dandelion & Zoltan...

Am I missing something? Scanning for Triss was very well possible in my playthrough while scanning scanning for Zoltan was not ...?

b2t:

Yeah I wondered that to. I immediately thought of Yennefer but it wasn't possible. They could have at least given us an explanation for that.

I scanned Triss, so not sure if that option is related to player choice or what. Yennefer would have been a good one, but if you'd just gotten a black screen and REPLY HAZY, TRY AGAIN over and over, that wouldn't be very satisfying.

Top Bottom