Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
"it will be easy to survive, but if want to do cool stuff or advance relatively faster it will be harder"

Yep everyone is afraid game will be too easy with no challange at all. Let's hope enemies wont be just standing there taking hits when Geralt rolls around and hits eveyone as he please. He is a witcher, but this isnt fan.

"We know that Geralt’s saga ends with The Witcher 3, but is this entry also the end of the whole series? If not, have you thought about where could the franchise go?
Yes, this will be the final installment of the series. We decided that one of the key elements of a good story is for the story to have a clear cut ending. No cliffhangers, no milking the community for yet-another-game-in-the-franchise. A beginning, a middle and an end, that’s our vision of how proper storytelling should look like."

So... do they actually know what they want to do with the franchise or are they just going to keep changing their mind. I don't care if the franchise ends, I just want a proper answer.

I think that depends on how good TW3 does in sales, if it sells like hotcakes then we will probably see another entry with someone other than Geralt.

Yes, but at least say: "We haven't decided yet." The inital statement was that they'd be ending the franchise, after that they went back on it and now they've changed their mind yet again.

If i remember correctly it will be the final installment of the saga, but not of the Witcher universe

The person being interviewed claims otherwise. Either that or they don't know what the word franchise means.

Eh, I don't know. At least he didn't say that they'll be continuing Geralt's story after all, that would have been a kick in the teeth.

More of the same info with the exception of these two tidbits:

-there will be extensive interiors, ie; caverns, castles, caves etc. Novigrad in particular will feature lots of interior space. I suspected as much, but it's still good to hear. I love nothing more in an RPG than exploring creepy and elaborate interiors, and RED engine was strongest in these spaces.

-wildlife will vary in each region.

I don't want to come off as elitist, but I think a lack of diverse English speaking skills is causing them to fall back on a predictable checklist: "we are making mature game, world is 35 bigger than Witcher 2, there will be monster hunting, etc.." The interviewer asked very good questions, the dev just wasn't doing a good job of answering them. Meanwhile, interviews in German, Russian or Polish tend to be much more insightful. It doesn't benefit them to feed one demographic new and interesting bits, while feeding the other the same stuff they've known for months. Merica probably is their biggest market. It's time to hire a native English speaker to do the interviews.

Last edited:
Back, in February '13 Adam Kiciński, the CDPR CEO said that "the franchise will be continued". And now they change their mind ? It would be nice if the article actually said to which dev from CDPR they talked to. I doesn't seem wise to me to abandon the brand like that... unless, of course they want to create their own fantasy world ala Bioware.

And give him more information. He didn't seem to know much about this or the previous games in the franchise when he was interviewed.

And give him more information. He didn't seem to know much about this or the previous games in the franchise when he was interviewed.

Yeah it seemed like he did not have that much information and thus had to fall back on things like 35 times the size of TW2 world. Another possibility is that CD Projekt does not want to release any new information until the marketing campaign starts sometime this year.

Yeah it seemed like he did not have that much information and thus had to fall back on things like 35 times the size of TW2 world. Another possibility is that CD Projekt does not want to release any new information until the marketing campaign starts sometime this year.

What I meant was that he seemed to just have no idea what the witcher is even about. When he was being asked about how certain aspects compare to TW2, he appeared to know nothing about TW2. So they should bring him up to speed.

He's not deeply involved with the dev process. I'm talking about hiring a person who's sole job is to understand where the team is at, what he can or can't say about development, while bringing more nuance to interviews done in English. They had this issue with TW2. Tom Gop would pretty much repeat the same stuff over and over. Of course, their trailers are so good that they manufactures all the hype they need.

He's not deeply involved with the dev process. I'm talking about hiring a person who's sole job is to understand where the team is at, what he can or can't say about development, while bringing more nuance to interviews done in English. They had this issue with TW2. Tom Gop would pretty much repeat the same stuff over and over. Of course, their trailers are so good that they manufactures all the hype they need.

That would be a sound plan, though it is a bit late to do that for TW3 at this stage. The trailers will have to speak for themselves whenever they may arrive.

But isn't that more of a PR thing ? I remember watching dev interview, I think it was from Game Informer coverage of the Witcher 3, where one of the devs [during the intereview!] had to ask a PR guy whether he could talk about certain aspects of the game or not.

I imagine those guys know much more that they let us know. For whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom