Iorveth and Saskia [Spoilers]

+
Ok, let's clarify some things. @thelmpZA I do not deny that some of the devs have said that they are open to improve the main game but that was BEFORE the guy who is the quest designer for the game said that, in the end, the only thing they will release would be patches. Especially, he said that there was no content planned after BaW. If you are able to find any other statement AFTER the interview I posted it would be most welcome. Man, I've already answered about this, I'm not blaming everyone in CDPR because of Iorveth, only those who take decisions.

@cyberpunkforever It's hard to believe that

Boom. I wonder what this could be.

"It might happen that we will be at E3 and we will show something at E3, but I just want to make it clear it's not Cyberpunk," he told me at Polish conference Digital Dragons recently. "We still have a lot of work to do with Cyberpunk."

When I asked Iwinski if it will be this thing at E3 he said, "We will see." When I asked if we'll find out what it is at E3 he said, "Well, hopefully." And when I asked if it had anything to do with The Witcher he said, "Time will tell."

I have a pretty strong feeling they'll talk about the Standalone Gwent and TW3 EE at E3.

Funny thing. They once said that there would never be a Standalone Gwent game. Then, a while later, Damien and Rafal were talking selfies and video at PAX to take home to Warsaw and telling people to make some noise to see it happen. Things can, and often do, change.

Last edited:
@ThelmpZA i admire your hope, but beeing realistic, what are the chances for an expansion including iorveth and/or the scoia'tael, after they said there will be no more content after blood and wine and this expansion has been advertised as "the last quest" "geralt's grand finale" etc ?

Last edited:
@thelmpZA i admire your hope, but beeing realistic, what are the chances for an expansion including iorveth and/or the scoia'tael, after they said there will be no more content after blood and wine and this expansion has been advertised as "the last quest" "geralt's grand finale" etc ?

I never said there would be an expansion. I'm hoping for an Enhanced Edition, which is very different and quite plausible, even if it doesn't add back Iorveth. We don't actually have specific details about how far along Iorveth and the Scoia'tael's planned content got. We only have tiny snippets of information from very outdated documents. The most concrete thing we know is that there was a Prima Guide update scheduled for the 30th of April 2014, for descriptions of Iorveth and Isengrim. A renderer was also meant to be provided on the 30th of May, for Iorveth. Of course, who knows if those milestones were actually met, or not.

It's plausible that the original scripts were voice acted, and that the quest designs got into the beta stage of production. Meaning that it wouldn't require as much effort to finish it, and get it into the game for the EE, as it's possible the VA was completed, which is one of the most expensive aspects of the entire production.

Last edited:
It's plausible that the original scripts were voice acted, and that the quest designs got into the beta stage of production. Meaning that it wouldn't require as much effort to finish it, and get it into the game for the EE, as it's possible the VA was completed, which is one of the most expensive aspects of the entire production.

I'm agree with you that i wouldn't require much effort to put him or his plot back in the game. The problem is, IMO, that CDPR doesn't want to do it. I think that they consider that TW3 is their "master piece" and they are the only ones who are legitimate to suggest changes in the main story. Not the fans even when we have supported them for a long way.

Look, how many suggestions the fans have made over the last year? A thousand? And not just regarding to the story but also to other points of the game. How many of these suggestions have been accepted? 1%? 5%?. It's simple. They are comfortable with the final result and they don't want to change so there is a 99.99999999999999999999999 % chance that we won't see Iorveth again. That 0,00000000000000001% it's called "miracle" and I'm not particularly a religious person

Look, how many suggestions the fans have made over the last year? A thousand? And not just regarding to the story but also to other points of the game. How many of these suggestions have been accepted? 1%? 5%?. It's simple. They are comfortable with the final result and they don't want to change so there is a 99.99999999999999999999999 % chance that we won't see Iorveth again. That 0,00000000000000001% it's called "miracle" and I'm not particularly a religious person

You need to stop with the hyperbole.

From what I've seen, they talked about several things that could be improved. They've acknowledged that Eredin and the Wild Hunt was disappointing. They've acknowledged that the ending slides needed more information. They've acknowledged that the politics is disappointing when compared to TW2. I'm pretty sure Mateusz said a while ago that he would bring all those issues to the relevant people, and maybe something can be done.

As I said, we don't concretely know if they're working on a EE. It's very plausible that they are, and that improvements to some of the issues are coming. Obviously, those wouldn't come before the expansions came out, as the development focus was on HoS and B&W. I've never read or seen any articles where they've talked about adding Iorveth back, or not. All that's been said are a few very short comments about the cut, in a German article, where the interviewer never asked that particular question either. They've also never addressed whether they objectively think Iorveth and the story surrounding him should have been cut, only that the decision was difficult.

Time will tell. But from what I've seen, they have talked about quite a few of the problems, on this forum and in interviews. They're very pleased with the success of the game, as they have every right to be, but I guarantee that they see its flaws even clearer then we do. Some things they don't consider to be problems, others they do, and that's fair.

Last edited:
"Speaking to Eurogamer, game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz confirmed that Blood and Wine will indeed be the final piece of content for The Witcher 3. “This is the last thing we deliver and we focus on Cyberpunk,” he told the site."

https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/11/the-witcher-3-no-new-content-after-blood-and-wine/

A lot of faith is going to be needed I think

we already knew it,
but now we have to wait at least 6 years for cyberpunk, a lot of tme until we get something new from cd projekt :(

"Speaking to Eurogamer, game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz confirmed that Blood and Wine will indeed be the final piece of content for The Witcher 3. “This is the last thing we deliver and we focus on Cyberpunk,” he told the site."

https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/11/the-witcher-3-no-new-content-after-blood-and-wine/

A lot of faith is going to be needed I think

You keep sending that article to me, and I keep telling you I've read it. :p It's like the fifth time now.

And yet, Marcin Iwinski, the CEO of CDPR, teased 6 days ago that maybe we'll see something Witcher related at E3.

The simple fact is that a lot of conflicting info has been said in the last few months.

if I had to guess i'd say it's over too, they aldready released dlc that included a couple quests and outfits plus gameplay patches, and then the expansions, the problems with the game will most likely remain, companies aren't usually going to do more than they already have for this game. I think we will see probably a standalone online gwent game or something of that nature if we see something for witcher 3 at E3. I also doubt they will go back and optimize the game for new hardware(the upcoming ps4 neo and xbox one scorpio) just to add the new stuff, if they were gonna add back in the scoa'tael. they probably will just continue technical issues with the game for the remainder of the year but that's about it. Even if some of the employee's wanted to change some things and make the story better and more consistent, I think the people that call the shots are overall content with it's success and that's pretty much all that matters.

Last edited:
if I had to guess i'd say it's over too, they aldready released dlc that included a couple quests and outfits plus gameplay patches, and then the expansions, the problems with the game will most likely remain, companies aren't usually going to do more than they already have for this game. I think we will see probably a standalone online gwent game or something of that nature if we see something for witcher 3 at E3. I also doubt they will go back and optimize the game for new hardware(the upcoming ps4 neo and xbox one scorpio) just to add the new stuff, if they were gonna add back in the scoa'tael. they probably will just continue technical issues with the game for the remainder of the year but that's about it. Even if some of the employee's wanted to change some things and make the story better and more consistent, I think the people that call the shots are overall content with it's success and that's pretty much all that matters.

Agree.

I too think stand alone Gwent is more possible than Enhanced Edition.

---------- Updated at 02:54 PM ----------

Expansion finished, not one mention of Iorveth or Saskia in any dialogues. I was sooo hoping to see Saskia's father living in Touissant among humans.

This is the end guys, time to bid our favorite duo farewell I guess? : (

I too think stand alone Gwent is more possible than Enhanced Edition.

---------- Updated at 02:54 PM ----------

Expansion finished, not one mention of Iorveth or Saskia in any dialogues. I was sooo hoping to see Saskia's father living in Touissant among humans.

This is the end guys, time to bid our favorite duo farewell I guess? : (

I wouldn't say "farewell" because, for that, you need to see them and that's not the case.

I haven't finished it but it sad seeing the Beclauair's palace (an elven palace) and thinking how it could be with elves. Also, there is no elves in Toussaint, not even one and the Empire tolerates non humans. Defenetly, this game was designed only for human plots

Except for the elven statues that attack you in one side quest, I did not find a single elf in Touissant. Not even the half elf with just one elven ear from the wanted posters : )

There are dwarves though.

I did not find a single elf in Touissant.

I think elves simply don't want to live there because of the unfortunate past and that's okay with me.

But they could have included at least one side quest involving an elf where we'd get to have a chance to get an explanation why are there so few non humans in Touissant.

Also, I found the halfbreed.
He is one of the leaders of the bandit gangs and does not even look like an elf lol : D

Top Bottom