Is it just me, or is Yen... [Spoilers}

+
Dunno. Yen is someone I would expect to hold onto her grudge. Especially for good reasons.

And Triss keeps pilling on in the first two games. But you are probably right, that would probably create even more shitstorm.

I can only suggest that you find the books forum and comment there. This is an adaptation not a sequel, you might have heard that.

I never said she was testing Geralt, that was never the point, and arguing wasn't as well. I'm not into sweet or insufferable cuteness in romances, that's why when it comes to gaming, my favorite characters are Miranda from Mass Effect, Morrigan in Dragon Age, and Yennefer in The Witcher. They all share a very specific trait, they're strong, sometimes cold, have quite the ego and aren't running after a man, or desiring one 24 hours per day, basically.
Well Miranda may be a strong, indipendent woman but she's nothing like Yen.

But it is a facade. She tries so hard to hide her true emotions from people that she puts on this facade that basically repels people. I don't know if you read my analysis of her in the other thread, so I'm linking it cause I don't want to repeat myself: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ll-spoilers)?p=1716138&viewfull=1#post1716138

And there is also one really good and telling quote from Blood of Elves, that describes Yennefer:

In a minute she’s going to ask why I didn’t like her, thought Ciri. No, she’s too clever to ask such a question. She’ll dryly draw my attention to my grammar and ask when I started using the past tense. And I’ll tell her. I’ll be just as dry as she is, I’ll parody her tone of voice, let her know that I, too, can pretend to be cold, unfeeling and indifferent, ashamed of my feelings and emotions. I’ll tell her everything. I want to, I have to tell her everything. I want her to know everything before we leave Melitele’s Temple. Before we part to finally meet the one I miss. The one she misses. The one who no doubt misses us both. I want to tell her that…
I’ll tell her. It’s enough for her to ask.
The magician turned from the window and smiled. She did not ask anything

Thanks, i'll read it later.

Triss was also forced on us in previous games.

Nobody ever forced you to do anything. You could fuck Shani and tons of other women in the first game, and Ves in the second.

Let's face it, everybody loved Triss because she's hot as hell and a great character in TW1-2, then some people read the books because they enjoyed the games and there they learned about Yen and the story previous to the games, so to be different and elitarist they started shitt*ng on the same character they loved until 5 minutes earlier. Some sh*t Triss pulled off back in the days helped the process.

PS: i'm obviously referring to those who now sh*t on Triss in every topic, not to those who simply prefer Yen

Last edited:
Well Miranda may be a strong, indipendent woman but she's nothing like Yen.

Thanks, i'll read it later.

I read the books even before the first game was in production.So no,i never loved Triss.

Nobody ever forced you to do anything. You could fuck Shani and tons of other women in the first game, and Ves in the second.

Let's face it, everybody loved Triss because she's hot as hell and a great character in TW1-2, then some people read the books because they enjoyed the games and there they learned about Yen and the story previous to the games, so to be different and elitarist they started shitt*ng on the same character they loved until 5 minutes earlier. Some sh*t Triss pulled off back in the days helped the process.

PS: i'm obviously referring to those who now sh*t on Triss in every topic, not to those who simply prefer Yen

I read the books even before the first game was in production.So no,i never loved Triss.

I never said she was testing Geralt, that was never the point, and arguing wasn't as well. I'm not into sweet or insufferable cuteness in romances, that's why when it comes to gaming, my favorite characters are Miranda from Mass Effect, Morrigan in Dragon Age, and Yennefer in The Witcher. They all share a very specific trait, they're strong, sometimes cold, have quite the ego and aren't running after a man, or desiring one 24 hours per day, basically.

I don't think Miranda and Morrigan are anywhere near on the level of Yen's bitchiness
They are actually two of my favourite female characters (with Triss obviously) in gaming

Yennefer on the other hand...

I don't think Miranda and Morrigan are anywhere near on the level of Yen's bitchiness
They are actually two of my favourite female characters (with Triss obviously) in gaming

Yennefer on the other hand...

Morrigan was perfectly ok with killing city elves with blood magic and slaughtering mages in the Circle Tower.Yen would've never suggested killing innocent people

Morrigan was perfectly ok with killing city elves with blood magic and slaughtering mages in the Circle Tower.Yen would've never suggested killing innocent people

She just rubs me the wrong way, Morrigan at least had a certain charm

Top Bottom