Is "The Janitor" the Protagonist?

+
No no no, you guys have got it all wrong. That's his pajamas, it was night time when this lady went berserk, and anyone notice how fast he got there? Faster than the cops bullets. He obviously didn't have time to change.

Also that's not a shotgun. It's a haircut gun as you can tell from the last scene. They are all obviously fashion police. How many times does it need to be said this game is about style over any sort of substance like combat and stuff. Sheesh.

I thought from day one it was a blow dryer, not a "haircut gun". Obviously she messed up her hair, got a bit insane (like any sane person would from such trauma) and they called in the janitor to fix it... With a blow dryer.

The janitor´s jumpsuit looks pretty close to CWU27/P, wich is US nomex fire resistant coverall. It is relatively often used by SWAT teams around the world. So, why not. On the other hand, apart from cool cyberpunk look, his equipment just doesn´t make any sense. But still, that trailer kicks ass.

Equipment? Multioptic helmet. Militech Crusher 2077 Edition, a couple of grenades (incendary & teargas?, Looks like a couple of clips, or maybe one is a knife. Pouch on his leg obviously military/tactical in nature due to the mollie webbing on it. Maybe holding extra ammo for the Crusher or maybe something else?

I take something back. What I took as being clips or a knife would be a holster for the Crusher.

Then there is the uniform/jump suit. The armour under his uniform is either that, armour, or could even by torsoplating. Arms could easily be cyberarms. Knee pads.

Am I missing something?

his equipment just doesn´t make any sense

what? He is a MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division), or as their more favoured name, “Psycho Squad”. MAX-TEC is an elite force of police. All his equipment makes sense. just read cycoholic's post....he need those things on his body because he cant pull them out off his ass...(maybe if he had an augmentation for this ....)

On the other hand, apart from cool cyberpunk look, his equipment just doesn´t make any sense.

What is it that you think doesn't make sense?

The grenades look none lethal, which given the environments that the MaxTac units operate in are ideal.
The bag on his leg looks like it holds the rope he probably uses to rappel down from an AV for a rapid insertion, (which would also be a good reason for the knee pads.)
The head gear looks to have vairous vision and sound enhancements, which are always useful.
He is either Cybernetically enhanced himself or that is some sort of body armour.

All of that makes perfect sense to me.

You know, guys, Im actually starting to like the term janitor.

Let's just keep calling him like that.

That was a joke. German humor, aye?

Ha ha.

Ha ha.

This will be a technical manual from what is/is not usable and comfortable.

1. his belt - too low, very uncomfortable when moving
2. grenades - you just won´t reach them, when they are somewhere around the knees.. you must bend
3. magazines - I cant see any. Maybe in bag? Reloading would be suicide for its lenght
4. that big bag on his leg. Try wearing it. Its pain in the ass.
5. Knee caps - why ? doesnt he have this special suit? Plus, he doesnt even wear it properly.
6. that overall - why? doesnt he have this special suit? Low profile maybe, but still there is this helmet that you see in the first place.

Sooo, lets say his suit is bulletproof and he just wants to wear most comfortable equipment he can. First, he should get rid of that belt and get some vest with pouches for magazines, grenades etc. His live but me much easier. Lets say his suit is fire resistant. He should get rid of that overall - why? Its better not that wear anyhing if you dont have to, cause your moving will not be anyhow limited. Othervise, he should zip it up so it has some meaning.

But then... he would never look so cool. So I guess you cant search for logic when talking cyberpunk.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but "Janitor" can't be the protagonist because it's very likely that this game will have a build-your-own-character option; so, at the very least, Janitor is an important secondary character(I hope he is, seems kinda interesting).

This will be a technical manual from what is/is not usable and comfortable.

1. his belt - too low, very uncomfortable when moving
2. grenades - you just won´t reach them, when they are somewhere around the knees.. you must bend
3. magazines - I cant see any. Maybe in bag? Reloading would be suicide for its lenght
4. that big bag on his leg. Try wearing it. Its pain in the ass.
5. Knee caps - why ? doesnt he have this special suit? Plus, he doesnt even wear it properly.
6. that overall - why? doesnt he have this special suit? Low profile maybe, but still there is this helmet that you see in the first place.

Sooo, lets say his suit is bulletproof and he just wants to wear most comfortable equipment he can. First, he should get rid of that belt and get some vest with pouches for magazines, grenades etc. His live but me much easier. Lets say his suit is fire resistant. He should get rid of that overall - why? Its better not that wear anyhing if you dont have to, cause your moving will not be anyhow limited. Othervise, he should zip it up so it has some meaning.

But then... he would never look so cool. So I guess you cant search for logic when talking cyberpunk.

One of the street creeds in the source material is "Style Over Substance". Here is the paragraph about it from the corebook.

"It doesn't matter how well you do something, as long as you look good doing it. If you're going to blow it, make sure you look like you planned it that way. Normally, clothes and looks dont matter in an adventure-in this world having a leather armor jacket and mirrorshades is a serious consideration."

The street creeds are all about having balls. Having the balls to wear an impractical but awesome looking outfit. Having the balls to tell a guy bigger than you that youre awesome and he isnt. And having the balls to lay ones life and reputation on the line for something as vague as a principle or a big score.

"It doesn't matter how well you do something, as long as you look good doing it.

Hell yeah!

The whole cyberpunk style is based on it. But still, if you want to have adult world with some base in "this is how it could look in 2077", you must hold some ground. Othervise, it would be heroes and villains game. Flying cars? Good. Armored cops? Ok. Crazy clothing styles? Yeah! Special police units dressed like punk models? Nah, dont think so.

True. But on the other hand the Max-Tac agent could be delibaretly handicapping himself as a challenge. Like "I could beat this super-deadly cyberpsycho with all my gear being hard to reach! Watch me!"

Not to mention that we dont know what his cybernetics do. For all we know he stuffs spare clips in compartments under his arm. Which would explain the rolled up sleeves with more than just style.

Yeah, for sure you will find many "watch me, I look cool with this and this and this" guys in military and police, but If it goes to look cool/endanger myself and my unit thing, they would never do this.

But this is only a very early trailer with janitor whose main job is to look cool, so I dont think I can make any decisions yet. We will see the final product.

Yeah. Until CDPR throws us more bones wel be in the dark about a lot of things. This also makes me wonder how much style for cops, especially player character cops, will be permitted.

I just hope I can play as a Max-Tac.
Just chill out in the hover car until you get the call that another nut-job is out slashing people up.

P.S: We need to stop calling him "The Janitor".

Forum veteran
P.S: We need to stop calling him "The Janitor".
You're absolutely right—we failed to give swag jacket guy an actual name, and you know what happened? He died. Never again.

"The Janitor" sounds cooler the more people use it, though. The "I'm cleaning up this city's mess"-ish lines practically write themselves. Oh oh oh, and how about, "There's a spill in aisle you"? Do grocery stores even employ janitors?

Either way, he looks like a "Ted" to me.

Top Bottom