Is "The Janitor" the Protagonist?

+
I...can't recall. I THINK it's department- dependent. Max-Tac in NC calls their operatives, "detectives" and they wear what they like.

C-SWAT in Detroit operates likes a SWAT team - uniforms, commo, heavy armour, the works. Think Appleseed.

Chicago and NY, no idea. I vaguely think NY goes with a unit-type structure, but I think that's from one of the Interface mags.

Damn you all, now I'm going to have to double check...

Where the fuck did I put my copy of protect and serve...

I don't know, they definitely have that headgear/visor thing in common.. After getting recruited, our beloved crazy cyberpsyco chick wears exact same headgear Max-Tac guy wears.. So they have that in common and that headgear could be one of the specialized gear options that are only available to Max-Tac..

Probably just the artist's rendering of smartgoggles/tactical headset.

Watching the video, it looks like she's wearing the same coveralls though. And neck armour/cybernetics.

So, what is even known about MAX-TAC, C-SWAT or Psyho Squad? If everything applies, it is something between SWAT, CSI and secret service? They use pretty cool stuff, they are looking for their target and eventualy they neutralize their target. They can wear whatever they want, they can work alone or in the team. Looks like CDPR got pretty wide field of what they can do with this unit.

So, what is even known about MAX-TAC, C-SWAT or Psyho Squad?

"What's a nice little girl like you doing working C-SWAT?"

"Hunting down frack like you wireheads in Vice, sweetie..."

-Typical conversation, Night City Precinct

The Psycho Squad

Cyberpsychosis is a big problem in the 2000's. While state-sponsored therapy is an option, the hardest part is getting the patient into the psychologist's office. What do you do when a metal armored, cyberboosted maniac starts randomly killing people? If you're the Government, you organize a special squad of professional police with one job - to hunt down and capture or kill murderous cyberpsychos.

Cybersquads are common to most urban police departments, going under names like C-SWAT (Cybernetic Special Weapons & Tactical Squad), PSYCHE-DIV, CYB-Enforcement and MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division). They are armed with the best in armor, commo equipment and vehicles. Most carry weapons that start at the light cannon range and up. They are, by nature, not very nice people.

Not all that's known, but that should suffice.

So, what is even known about MAX-TAC, C-SWAT or Psyho Squad?
Here's what 'Protect & Serve' has to say about Max-Tac:
Max-Tac is still called C-SWAT by some departments: the offical title in Night City currently is Cyborg Supression Unit. Individual units are known as SPAR teams (Special Purpose Assault Rescue). It is the bottom line in combat police ofllcers.

Specially created to deal directly with the ever present cyberpsycho threat, these officers are trained and equipped with the best resources that money can buy. All officers are supremely fit and agile and able to withstand a great deal of damage. Cyber-augmentation is common, (if not mandatory.) Max-Tac officers' enhanced abilities allow them to be the equal of a cyberpyscho. Weapons and armour of the most effective kind are placed at their disposal, as are combat vehicles, (including fully equipped AV-9s.)

Originally a division of SWAT, Max-Tac's actual role has expanded since its creation. While they're the only real force capable of dealing with the cyberpsycho threat effectively, they are occsionally also utilized as a higher form of SWAT. In any situation where SWAT falls, Max-Tac will arrive. Their job is almost always 'Hit Hard and Shoot to Kill'.

In many ways, they are as dangerous as those they are brought in to fight; many officers are teetering on the brink of cyberpsychosis themselves. NCPD sees this 'Fight Fire with Fire' strategy as effective (at least for now).

Nice, Chris. And Mac.

We should probably start a thread, "What IS Max-Tac?" For this stuff. With images. And suggestion on how we'd like to see it played out, utilized and involving different Roles in 2077.

I'd do it, but run time! Pain calls me!

I don't know, they definitely have that headgear/visor thing in common.. After getting recruited, our beloved crazy cyberpsyco chick wears exact same headgear Max-Tac guy wears.. So they have that in common and that headgear could be one of the specialized gear options that are only available to Max-Tac..

Microscope goggles to see germs. This is the future were talking about, you can't clean effectively with the naked eye like those Neanderthal janitors in 2013.

There was a slight deviation from topic here that was a little... how can I put it... inappropriate. Some posts have been deleted.

What? WHAT? I missed something when I slept? What was it!? How inappropriate!? Were there pics? Ribald humour? Oh, I want to knowwwwww.

Oh!

Oh!

Did you.."clean up" the thread? Did you, "take out the trash"? I bet you did.

What? WHAT? I missed something when I slept? What was it!? How inappropriate!? Were there pics? Ribald humour? Oh, I want to knowwwwww.

Oh!

Oh!

Did you.."clean up" the thread? Did you, "take out the trash"? I bet you did.

Gordon wondered what happened to animal father, I pointed him to the debacle in the Multiplayer thread. That is about it.

Top Bottom