Is there really no level cap?

+
Is there really no level cap?

I read a article the other day the author said they spoke to a CDPR Dev and they said there is no level cap that it is infinite...I heard it was 50 at first then 70. What is the TRUTH here!!?!??!?! Im tired of all these bullshit rumors that surround this game!!! LOL!!!!

oh and one more thing... subscribe to my youtube channel :)

Yeah I've seen a couple sites report this as well. A quick Google search will confirm this.

I imagine it would get incredibly hard to continue leveling passed a certain point with the current content though.

Level 70 is the current cap. But some people have looked at the game files, and there seem to plans for level 100 (probably when the DLC hits).

Level 70 is the current cap. But some people have looked at the game files, and there seem to plans for level 100 (probably when the DLC hits).

You won't need level 70 or 100 for DLC though. That's only for New Game + which there are also entries for in the files and command dumps and the devs already teased at it in some threads. Besides, it's impossible to get those levels unless you cheat without a New Game +.

I sure hope the level cap is not too low, 70 sounds decent but the higher the level cap the better. I wouldnt mind being level 300+ at all. :p

The collectors addition of the game guide shows the xp table up to lv 70. 2k xp needed each lv from 21 all the way to 70. 124k xp gained when u get there.

I'm near the end of the game and I've almost cleared every side quest, contracts, treasure hunts and point of interest and I'm barely level 31.

What I find weird is that I have some craft diagram for equipment up to level 47... and I can't even imagine using them in this playthrough... So I guess a new game + is incoming in the future but I'm wondering how it will fit with the expension pack.

It would also require lots of new diagrams for accomodating the 30+ level curve, especially for armors (I have some nice diagrams for sword from 31-47 level range)

In theory it IS possible to level up that much in a single playthrough. The game still rewards you 1exp point per grey level kill. So if you have no life, you can run around killing packs of wolves until you are level 234982359

However, the high level content sucks. Once you're 31, there isnt much left to do. You've explored 95% of the ?'s on the world map, the quests are all greyed out and dont give exp anymore (unless you mod this) and very few enemies are level 30+...

That being said, you can still steal something near a guard and kill those level 43+ soldiers

I sure hope the level cap is not too low, 70 sounds decent but the higher the level cap the better. I wouldnt mind being level 300+ at all. :p

Well, will only possible if the game content supports it, which doesn't look like it is atm. I'm intrigued with the 2 new upcoming expansions, however, I'm not getting my hope high that they will contain contents for lvl 70...

i'd almost bet something and say that the free DLC#15 & 16 will contain new game +

they let some time pass so everyone could play through the game without thinking about NG+ and stuff and then they release it so ppl stick with the game some longer and also to bridge the time till the first expansion.

I just hope we have a new game plus mode where we carry over all our character build, upgrades, and equipments. Even Gwent cards. The story and all quests of course will be back to state zero but so will the game level up. Wouldn't mind tougher fist fights and powerful gwent games, cards carried over from the previous save will help :p

Just a dumb question... how you get XP to reach level upper 40 if the quests below more than 5 level only give you 5 XP? Is there any quest upper 40 level recomended?

Just a dumb question... how you get XP to reach level upper 40 if the quests below more than 5 level only give you 5 XP? Is there any quest upper 40 level recomended?

No, but you still get 1XP everytime you kill something. So if you are used to MMO grinders, it is possible to level up even beyond 40, but of course, it is not worth it. I, myself stopped at level 38.

What is this "Game+" everybody talks about?

"New Game+" is an epic feature most often found in the JRPG games rather than the western rpg games. After completing the game you are allowed to start a new game, retaining parts of what you have already accumulated in the previous walkthrough. Most typically the character level, skills, items, sometimes map landmarks and rare items are retained.

New Game+ modes often feature additional very high level content, like super bosses far harder than anything in the main story

I found crafting diagrams for level 40 + stuff, for example the Tir Tochair Blade (Level 46 steel sword).. This means that there is maybe no level cap (a point where you won't get any more xp) until level 50, maybe even further. BUT the highest level side quest is for level 35 (Contract: The monster from the oxenfurt forest). This means that the side quests and the main story + a bit of exploring might bring you up to 36, 37 levels. If you explore every nook and cranny, and kill everything you see right from the start, you might reach level 40. I am currently level 36, half to 37, and have yet to explore many Skellige Points of Interest (the ones in the water mostly, and there are many). I don't know whether i might reach level 40, but i am quite sure i won't reach level 46.
I assume they will give us more content and quests in the expansions, such as a new main-quest line and some sidequests up to level 45, and some new land to explore, so some of us might reach level 47-50 after the first expansion. Then we will have to wait again for the second expansion.

Got a save file with a lvl 70 Geralt but that was through use of a trainer for XP. I don't think it's really possible with the content we have now

That confused me a little bit: diagrams with items on level 46 (I've foun them too) and any quest requiring a level upper 40.... Mystery over here! @Marcin Momot, any one from CDPR could mind light us a little about that incongruence/mismatch? It leads someone easy to confuse which real level is need for a balanced final battle. Being too overwhelmet is not funny.

Top Bottom