Key Remapping

+
Im left handed, how can I remap arrow keys for movement?

EDIT: Im using the numpad for now, but the F key binding is killing me.

Please let us remap all keys!
this is also true for the menu keys, my scroll wheel on my mouse doesnt work if i click down so i cant unequip any items and its super frustrating, like i need a new mouse cuz of it and i havent had a problem with any other game

Another game craps on us lefties. I can remap W A S or D just fine, but I, J, or K? Nope. This is an arbitrary limitation. Why allow remapping of some keys and not others? Makes no sense. This is forcing me to use an xbox controller, and this game SUCKS with controller. Please please please prioritize this in the next hotfix! I love cyberpunk, I certainly hope this gets fixed before I've played the whole damn game on a stupid controller...

Its kind of weird that the game does not let you rebind any key you use in the game. I noticed that settings menu does not even list all the available keys and what they do. I had to discover by trial and error that J, K, M, I, O, and P keys access different character menus such as the Inventory, Map, journal etc. Personally it only bothers me a little not being able to change them, I find the fact that they are not even listed to be the more aggravating part.

One key that I would want to change would be to change the I key to open my inventory instead of using the O key (The O key opening the inventory does not make much sense. In every other game I have ever played the I key is what you would use to open your inventory...

I also have never seen a game that has hidden key bindings that you cannot change, especially if the game lets you rebind some buy not all game related keys.

I also have problems playing this game without the ability to map everything to the right hand side of the keyboard.

20 years ago when I first started playing computer games. I realized being older might give me a reflex disadvantage in multiplayer fps games. So I decided to put my forward on my mouse and reverse on my keyboard. I also moved everything to the right side of the keyboard from top to bottom. This has worked well for me in single and multiplayer games.

I really want to be able to play this game, but if I can not have close to total control over my key bindings it will not happen. I'm not trying to make macros here. I never have. As the old saying goes...You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I had to go through my SteelSeries engine and manually map the side button on my mouse to the F key, just because I can't stand the ergonomics; I have to take my hands off the WASD keys to press the F key, which isn't very fluent.

Yeah, thank god for Steelseries Engine, I rebind all the bullshit keys the lazy developers didn't bother to program properly.
This is actually fucking ridiculous.

The Nexus Mods Mod works. Also on F button...thx from my left hand!

Attachments

• 150807.jpg
    150807.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 102
CDPR in 2020 : install mods or learn scripting if you want key remapping...
I try several times, i cant play the game. I feel robbed.
They only released 2 update since the game came out, im sure this issue will be fixed in future updates.

CDPR in 2020 : install mods or learn scripting if you want key remapping...
I try several times, i cant play the game. I feel robbed.

Neither XML nor JSON are scripting. It's very easily readable config file, you don't need to be a programmer to do this. It's just a list of inputs that you can interpret with a little common sense and an overview of possible keyboard keys (IK_<key>).

Is this a major oversight on CDPR's part? Definitely, but let's not pretend it's a massive hindrance. All you need to do is go over the list and replace the desired keys almost identically to how you would do it in the settings. The only added inconvenience is that you have to put in the proper keyboard key-code.

Is this a major oversight on CDPR's part? Definitely, but let's not pretend it's a massive hindrance.
It's a matter of principle. CDPR is heralded as a consumer friendly company, they developed three big games on PC already and they had to address the same thing previously. Now they release a game that is somehow even more stupid in its user unfriendliness. There isn't a single excuse for what they've done at this point.
Same goes for other elements, where you would think that after three Witchers they can do it without even thinking about it. Yet they can't. This is Bethesda level of incompetence.

I use an uncommon FPS keybind setup. I move and look around with the mouse and keep my hand on the right side of the keyboard to strafe and use abilities... Not being able to bind things to P and K is infuriating for me.

I also ADS with the right alt key which I have to hold down (since their isn't an ADS toggle option which I prefer). But, If you hold the right alt key down it brings up the radial menu. So in my first fight of the game after the intro/tutorial I was met with a radial menu every time I tried to ADS.

I know I can edit the config outside the game... but for a $60 AAA game I shouldn't have to. They need to let you rebind things to any key you want. Bad UIs/Interfaces kill good games and keybinding is as basic as it gets in PC games.

Damn it, how can it be that you can not prove elementary keybindings? Why do I have to deal with crappy mods after work? Did you not even have this tested? Arrow keys go only left and right to assign, but not up and down, plus the shit with the F key... every game in the last 30 years gets it right but you do not after two shifts ???? I have uninstalled the game until you do it right...

I use a weird control scheme, esdf instead of wasd. I can't bind any keys to F other than exit vehicle. I always get an error saying there is an error binding to that key. I saw there isn't a choice the confirm key which is by default set to F so I'm guessing that is the issue.
Remapping would be such a nice QoL improvement

Top Bottom