• I like mages

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I like mages and I love sorceresses

Votes: 60 87.0%
  • I rather support blood thirsty brutal kings/emperors

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters
I cant see Phillipa as totally evil...

Same way I cant see King Cosplayer as a monster (or... an actual threat...)

The problem is the games actually DO let you revive the lodge.
No, this is not reviving the Lodge, this is slap in the face. In-game Lodge was dead in W2, in W3 it was the cold body already. The book canon says, that after witch hunts, there was The Lodge, great and powerful, which consisted from 10 women. It is known, that only Philippa suffered from hunts, and later was proclaimed saint. The other sorceresses was illustrated unbelievably powerful and beautiful because of propaganda, no one ever knew about how they looked like, except of Sile, whose portrait was treasured in Kovir, where she was an advisor of queen Zuleyka, and Margarita's in Aretuzae. After witch hunts the Lodge grew stronger and all great conspiracies was held at that time. You can read it in the Lady of the Lake book. Chapters starring Nimue and Kondviramursa, when they reminisce about 120+ years ago, and explains a future witcher world state.
So what we have in games? Sabrina, who could tell Henselt to shut up and listen to her was burned at stake, because she suddenly got dull and burned 2 armies. Genious. Assire hardly tells 2 words and got stabbed. Sile suddenly left Kovir, because of reasons, killed Demavend who she respected in the books, as he was the wisest in her eyes, I think because of reasons, and gone to Henselt, because of reasons too! Great. Now she is a villain, who have a great variety of dying 3 different cruel ways. Keira gone, because she found her true love and screw all she loved before. Philippa was made flat villain like Sile, blinded and from time to time acts like an old hag. So who to revive? Seriously, this one is laughable, because there is not the Lodge any more, even with all amnesty which was given to them from Emhyr, there is nothing here.

Sabrina was evil in "The Price of Neutrality" module before Witcher 2.

She tortured a young man and drove him insane because he rejected her.

She tortured a young man and drove him insane because he rejected her.

This module is non canon,since it takes place before Time of Contempt,in which Geralt meets Sabrina for the first time.

Did not played it, even do not know what is this, and thanks god. I hate to think that any of characters from the Witcher is "good' or "evil', what I really liked about Sapkowski books, that they was deeper than this anime-style good guys vs. bad guys. They are gray characters, not only the Lodge members, but Geralt, who made a mistakes, Ciri, who is a killer and was a bandit, Yen, Triss, Nenneke. Everyone has their imperfections, which made them so alive.

Did not played it, even do not know what is this, and thanks god. I hate to think that any of characters from the Witcher is "good' or "evil', what I really liked about Sapkowski books, that they was deeper than this anime-style good guys vs. bad guys. They are gray characters, not only the Lodge members, but Geralt, who made a mistakes, Ciri, who is a killer and was a bandit, Yen, Triss, Nenneke. Everyone has their imperfections, which made them so alive.

This module is a rip off of The Lesser Evil short story from The Last Wish,with Sabrina taking Stregobor's place.

This module is non canon,since it takes place before Time of Contempt,in which Geralt meets Sabrina for the first time.

Eh, it could well be Game Canon rather than Book Canon.

All of the games are Dandelion telling a story anyway.

I will point out that Phillipa Eilhart being declared a Saint was meant to be IRONIC, though. She for example, wasn't even religious and it was meant to illustrate that history can become extraordinarily muddled.

It kind of puts me in a bad position.

Because I consider Radovid, Phillipa (game Phillipa, not book Phillipa), and Emhyr all the same.

In the words of Darth Revan, "You're both scum!"

I will point out that Phillipa Eilhart being declared a Saint was meant to be IRONIC, though
Well, Philippa Eilhart smelled of cinnamon and spikenard, what is known from old testament times, it was mentioned in Odes of Solomon (part 4) and essential oils of cinnamon and spikenard was used to make chism or myrrh, the oil, that was used in christian rituals. Sapkowski gave the fact that she was proclaimed saint a lot more meaning, that simply ironic remark. It was a sign of the power of the Lodge and mages themselves.

I think a mistake CDPR did was to make the lodge seem like villains in the second game, although they sure as shit ain't nice, and then force you to help them in the third game. I was a bit annoyed I couldn't give Phillipa to Radovid. Luckily she grew on me.

After Sabrina's actions at the Pontar Valley where thousands of innocent people were heinously murdered to support Phillipa's grand ambitions as well as the mind-control of Saskia
There died soldiers in battle - not innocent people.
If you want to see murderers of innocent, you can visit Wizima or that red boat in Novigrad.

--the short version is my Geralt wanted to destroy them and thought he did by informing the Kings of the North they were behind it all.
You want to punish someone who destroyed two fighting armies, because to let soldiers die is bad by telling it to the kings who started those wars? Ok, lets just say I don't understand it.
You said it to Henselt, who hanged Blue stripes just like that and ordered to kill man who saved his life (probably not once)? Or to Radovid? Now we can see his true nature.. Or to nilfgaardian ambassador - member of great empire, which will try again to start a war with whole North? Everything under eye of Flamming rose - fanatics and murderers.
Lodge and even Sabrina and Philippa are very kind person, compared to those others..

BTW: It was Sabrina's idea, not Philippa's.

There wasn't harsh enough words for Phillipa or her gang of psychopaths.
What psychopatic did they do?
To try to gain more power? To control someone or to use someone? Or even to kill someone? That is regular day in Witcher world, nothing secial.
Philippa controlled Saskia's mind ... so what? Is that somehow different from kings threats and blackmailing? Sabrina destroyed army - is that somehow worse than regular wars - unlike kings her act did not contain many civilians and did not destroy whole nations.

And then, suddenly, Geralt is acting like the Lodge is a bunch of old friends in the next game.
Yes, he finally acted little bit rationally.

Last edited:
There died soldiers in battle - not innocent people.

1. They were conscripts.

2. Soldiers can be innocent people.

3. None of them were threatening Sabrina.

4. Sabrina was ostensibly on the side of Henselt.

5. The act was just designed to prolong the war and devastation.

1. They were conscripts.
Really? Like Dun Banner? I am not sure about that..
But that does not matter, they were soldiers in war and their death is completely different from civilian casualties.

2. Soldiers can be innocent people.
I suppose order from head commander of Henselt - to hang every third scout is fine ... or not? And what about Blue stripes? You still speak like Sabrina or Philippa would be the only evil in that world.
Someone started war, it wasn't Sabrina and it wasn't Philippa, but I suppose it's fine for you. Just because pig wanted more power and another land, he can attack another country and start war and bring death to both lands? But when sorceress decide to weak both armies to STOP (not prolong but STOP) his war campaign, she will be considered as bad?

3. None of them were threatening Sabrina.
That is not true. Crazy Vandergrift promised to Sabrina, that he will tell tales about her to Henselt. In fact his words were reason, why she did it. Her position and maybe her life were in danger, when that idiot blamed her for his trouble on battlefield.

4. Sabrina was ostensibly on the side of Henselt.
And that is the best on Lodge original purpose they care about whole world, not about some kingdoms. When Nilfgaard was too powerful, they managed to stop it. Now Henselt thought he can break peace contracts from Cintra and he pose a threat to stability of North.

5. The act was just designed to prolong the war and devastation.
No, it should weak henselt to stop his campaign.

The main point is - kings and emperors start wars. Many wars with hundreds of thousands of dead soldiers and same number of dead, ill, hungry people and homeless fugitives. And yet - you have no problem to give them authority to judge someone for death of soldiers?
The same rule stands for lies, cospiracy and such things. Lodge was nothing special. They just had much less blood on their hands and their goals did not represent just war for another land.

It reminds me..

I hope it won't start flame, so spoiler just for sure and it's about that meaning not about our political situation

Last edited:
Top Bottom