Medical Problems - new mod is available!

+
Sorry to interrupt, but i wanted to say that:I play The Witcher again, and yesterday as i walked through Murky Waters i made the thought "Where are the apple trees?"*grin*

Well, Corylea, I finally played your adventure. Wow. I'm impressed. It's more involved than I had guessed. First off, the way the story unfolds is great...
A Witcher is needed in a small village, but problems keep getting bigger and the plot keeps getting deeper. I loved the element of travel, the fact that we end up leaving the village and going through the crypt to the Witcher stronghold. The humor had me laughing out loud at times. And I loved the level design of the crypt; it was larger and more intricate than we we usually got in The Witcher. And Shani gets nekid! You didn't pull any punches in that scene!
All in all, very enjoyable, and I was sad to see it end short of the resolution. I look forward to the next chapter!

Cassandra said:
I play The Witcher again, and yesterday as i walked through Murky Waters i made the thought "Where are the apple trees?"*grin*
Oh, COOL! *grin*Thanks, Cassandra! It's made me very happy to know that my little adventure is in your mind like that.
Cassandra said:
Wow. I'm impressed.
*smile* Thank you! It makes me very happy to know that.
Cassandra said:
It's more involved than I had guessed.
When I started making "Medical Problems," only a few, fairly rudimentary adventures had been released, and Djinni had a reputation for being wildly difficult to use. So when I started making MP, I approached it with much trepidation, thinking that I wasn't going to be able to do much. In the beginning, I was only planning to have Geralt collect some monster parts and give them to Shani, Shani would use them to heal her patients, game over. It would take the player maybe half an hour.Once I had that much ready, though, I had gotten handy enough with Djinni that I didn't feel that I needed to stop there. I'd had ideas for a larger story all along, but I wasn't sure that I'd be able to actually implement them. But if you can add one area to the game, you can add 18. And if you can make one quest, you can make 12. And there were these ideas knocking at my door, asking to be let in.... :)
The humor had me laughing out loud at times.
Humor tends to be individual and quirky, so I didn't know if what worked for me would work for others. I'm glad it did!It took ten months to make MP, and I tested it a LOT before I even showed it to the play-testers. Sometimes while testing, I'd get a line that I'd written six months before and forgotten all about ... and laugh out loud. I'm glad it isn't just me. :)
And Shani gets nekid! You didn't pull any punches in that scene!
I tend to be pro-sex generally. :) One of the things that bothers me about gaming is that most mainstream games includes no sex at all, and sex is relegated to a handful of XXX titles. One of the things I like about The Witcher is that sex isn't completely absent from the game. I wished they'd gone a little farther, though, so I did. :)
All in all, very enjoyable, and I was sad to see it end short of the resolution. I look forward to the next chapter!
Thank you very much! I appreciate your taking the time to leave me a nice comment. The next chapter is fairly far along. The story is done, the dialogues are done, the quests are done, the areas are done. What I'm working on now are the cutscenes. There are summary cutscenes at the end of the game that describe the effects of the choices you've made during it (much like what's at the end of TW1), and it takes me an entire workday -- about eight hours -- to make a 45-second cutscene. Since there are a bunch of choices, and each choice has two possible endings, I'm having to make a whole hell of a lot of 45-second cutscenes.I'm hoping to release the second chapter during February, but it might be March.

Top Bottom