Medical Problems - new mod is available!

+
Bad, bad book thief. *funny emoticon with tongue out and all that*Corylea, not that i want to pressure you, but how is it going with the second part? Are you working or the summer's heat doesn't let you? (Work, work woman! )

Cassandra31EEE said:
Corylea, not that i want to pressure you, but how is it going with the second part? Are you working or the summer's heat doesn't let you? (Work, work woman! )
*grin* I'm glad to hear that you still remember "Medical Problems" and want to play the second chapter.I'm partly disabled by a chronic illness. This illness has periodic flare-ups -- which can last for as little as half a day or for as long as six weeks -- so my working on the adventure is erratic, to say the least. I've had periods when I've worked on it 12 hours a day, several days in a row, and periods when I haven't touched it for a week. So I AM making progress, but in fits and starts.Chapter 2 will be very different from Chapter 1 in that Geralt's investigation will cover all of the Northern Kingdoms, rather than being limited to one single village. So there's less of a sense of place than you get in Chapter 1; on the other hand, you won't have time to get bored with a place, because you won't be there long. There's less of a chance to get to know villagers deeply, because you aren't sticking around, but you'll still meet an interesting person or two. And you'll have both Triss and Shani present for the whole game, rather than having Triss just show up at the end. Triss will actually be invaluable in this game; you wouldn't be able to save the other witchers without her, though there's some doubt cast upon her motives.... Oh, and Zoltan will be in this one. Anyway, it's coming along. How much longer? I dunno, a lot depends on how my health goes. Two months? Three months?To keep you busy until Chapter 2 comes out, you can play the Medical Problems Quiz.Thanks for telling me you're still interested in "Medical Problems;" that warms my heart!

Health is above all things. With all that you wrote here, i 'm more (Ah, now i can't find the proper word, great! When we can't wait for something?) to play the second chapter!So,1) be healthyand2) be creative!Love.

Cassandra31EEE said:
With all that you wrote here, i 'm more (Ah, now i can't find the proper word, great! When we can't wait for something?) to play the second chapter!
I think maybe the word you want is "eager."I'm happy to hear that! I think part of the strength of the first chapter was how detailed the village of Riverford was: the village itself, its inhabitants, its unusual philosophy, and so on. I'm hoping people won't be disappointed in Chapter 2, when they're roaming all over the place, rather than exploring one detailed place.
1) be healthy
*smile* Working on it. Sadly, much of it isn't up to me.
2) be creative!
Er, I hope so. Sometimes cool ideas come to me and sometimes they don't. But at least you will learn the end of the story:
1. Who's behind the Order fanatic? That is, who wrote the letter you found on his body, the one that instructed him to stir up trouble in Temeria?2. Who made the new, created witcher disease, and why does this person want to wipe out the witchers?
And to everyone else, if you haven't gotten your entries in for the "Medical Problems" Trivia Contest, you still have a couple of days. Entries are due on July 6th. I thought about having entries due by midnight Polish time, in honor of the makers of The Witcher, but since making them due by midnight in my time zone would give you several additional hours, I think we'll go with that. :) So, entries are due by midnight Eastern Daylight Time, July 6th. (I live in Boston; you can find out what time it is in Boston -- and in many other cities around the world -- here.)

Corylea said:
I think maybe the word you want is "eager."I'm happy to hear that! I think part of the strength of the first chapter was how detailed the village of Riverford was: the village itself, its inhabitants, its unusual philosophy, and so on. I'm hoping people won't be disappointed in Chapter 2, when they're roaming all over the place, rather than exploring one detailed place.
Yep, Cassandra's right. I am "eager" too of that part (well I love MP totally I guess :grin:)
1) be healthy
Pretty sad, my friend. You don't really deserve this. I hope your fans' support and love may help you. You're such a wonderful person... :)
2) be creative!
Er, I hope so. Sometimes cool ideas come to me and sometimes they don't. But at least you will learn the end of the story:
1. Who's behind the Order fanatic? That is, who wrote the letter you found on his body, the one that instructed him to stir up trouble in Temeria?2. Who made the new, created witcher disease, and why does this person want to wipe out the witchers?
Well if you need a bunch of ideas you can count on the community :winks:Btw I'm sure you don't need I'm sure Chp 2 will be great (probably greater than the first)

I think maybe the word you want is "eager."
I thought of 'eager', but that wasn't precisely what i meant. But, OK, let's use this, because sometimes you can't translate well enough. I know this was off topic, sorry...

secondchildren said:
1) be healthy
Pretty sad, my friend. You don't really deserve this. I hope your fans' support and love may help you. You're such a wonderful person... :)
You're so very sweet, Secondchildren. You make this place worth coming back to, eye-straining text and all.
secondchildren said:
2) be creative!
Well if you need a bunch of ideas you can count on the community :winks:
Well, the nice thing about being a one-person team and having to do EVERYthing is that there's so much to do that there are plenty of chores to keep me busy during the times when I'm not feeling inspired. If I want a fence around the rift, I have to put it down piece by piece, and that's the sort of boring thing I save for the days when my dialogue isn't snapping. There's always more to do!
Btw I'm sure you don't need I'm sure Chp 2 will be great (probably greater than the first)
I think that I, personally, will like Chapter 1 better than Chapter 2, because Chapter 1 had a more developed place and more developed characters. Chapter 2 will be very focused on the quest to cure the sick witchers, and there won't be as much opportunity to explore the area or chat up the ladies. But Vesemir could go at any moment, and Geralt needs to hurry; the story doesn't really permit leisurely exploration. But don't worry; I don't have him completely bereft of female company. :) Right now I have two cards Geralt can get, and I'm not done, so another one is possible (though not likely).I've added a couple of pictures of the second chapter to my site, if anybody's interested; you can find 'em on the MP 2 Preview Page.

Corylea said:
You're so very sweet, Secondchildren. You make this place worth coming back to, eye-straining text and all.
I wish it is so, but I don't think my efforts to keep the communty alive and nice mean anything at all. But thanx so much. :blushes:
Well, the nice thing about being a one-person team and having to do EVERYthing is that there's so much to do that there are plenty of chores to keep me busy during the times when I'm not feeling inspired. If I want a fence around the rift, I have to put it down piece by piece, and that's the sort of boring thing I save for the days when my dialogue isn't snapping. There's always more to do!
Honey, I think there's none here that can understand this more than me. Believe me.
I think that I, personally, will like Chapter 1 better than Chapter 2, because Chapter 1 had a more developed place and more developed characters. Chapter 2 will be very focused on the quest to cure the sick witchers, and there won't be as much opportunity to explore the area or chat up the ladies. But Vesemir could go at any moment, and Geralt needs to hurry; the story doesn't really permit leisurely exploration. But don't worry; I don't have him completely bereft of female company. :) Right now I have two cards Geralt can get, and I'm not done, so another one is possible (though not likely).
Aaargh! My itchiness is at the top! My 2011 gamer's life is going to be fantastic with TW2 coming, Alice Madness Returns coming and MP chp2 coming....... I'm gonna be mad for them!

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Corylea, not that i want to pressure you, but how is it going with the second part? Are you working or the summer's heat doesn't let you? (Work, work woman! )
*grin* I'm glad to hear that you still remember "Medical Problems" and want to play the second chapter.I'm partly disabled by a chronic illness. This illness has periodic flare-ups -- which can last for as little as half a day or for as long as six weeks -- so my working on the adventure is erratic, to say the least. I've had periods when I've worked on it 12 hours a day, several days in a row, and periods when I haven't touched it for a week. So I AM making progress, but in fits and starts.Chapter 2 will be very different from Chapter 1 in that Geralt's investigation will cover all of the Northern Kingdoms, rather than being limited to one single village. So there's less of a sense of place than you get in Chapter 1; on the other hand, you won't have time to get bored with a place, because you won't be there long. There's less of a chance to get to know villagers deeply, because you aren't sticking around, but you'll still meet an interesting person or two. And you'll have both Triss and Shani present for the whole game, rather than having Triss just show up at the end. Triss will actually be invaluable in this game; you wouldn't be able to save the other witchers without her, though there's some doubt cast upon her motives.... Oh, and Zoltan will be in this one. Anyway, it's coming along. How much longer? I dunno, a lot depends on how my health goes. Two months? Three months?To keep you busy until Chapter 2 comes out, you can play the Medical Problems Quiz.Thanks for telling me you're still interested in "Medical Problems;" that warms my heart!
Sorry about your health, Corylea. As soon as I'm done with my first playthrough, I'll check out the mod.

secondchildren said:
Aaargh! My itchiness is at the top! My 2011 gamer's life is going to be fantastic with TW2 coming, Alice Madness Returns coming and MP chp2 coming....... I'm gonna be mad for them!
MP 2 should be released in the Autumn of 2010, so you won't have to wait until 2011 for that, at least.
secondchildren said:
The preview looks nice ^^b
*smile* Thanks!It's always a question of what to do about previews. I don't want to spoil the surprises, but I don't want to work in a vacuum for six months, nor do I want to tell you guys nothing for months on end. Decisions, decisions. :)
secondchildren said:
Sorry about your health, Corylea.
Thank you. That's sweet of you, especially as a newcomer here who doesn't really know me yet.
secondchildren said:
As soon as I'm done with my first playthrough, I'll check out the mod.
There are twelve fan-made adventures available. You can find a list of them (with links) here, plus E-Ahmet has written some mini reviews of the fan-made modules.I think people appreciate "Medical Problems" more if they play some of the other adventures first. Not to run down the other adventures -- many of them are quite good -- but MP is larger and more detailed than most, but people don't notice and enjoy that aspect of it until they've played adventures that emphasize other things.

Corylea said:
I think people appreciate "Medical Problems" more if they play some of the other adventures first. Not to run down the other adventures -- many of them are quite good -- but MP is larger and more detailed than most, but people don't notice and enjoy that aspect of it until they've played adventures that emphasize other things.
Correct. And you won't get stuck in some nasty swamps try to beat a spirit (see "Damn Those Swamps") ^_^

Corylea, I don't know where you are in the 2nd part but, I just finished part 1 & was very impressed. I was curious what a combined effort would have translated into if this is what you can do alone with just some minor technical assistance, trees & a card.Don't care how old this is, I think it deserves praise. I also do hope you are feeling better yourself in real life. Long time fan here (who does remember everyone) but I have been very preoccupied with my own situations to be here for some time.One thing a 'ehem' female friend did ask, was, why couldn't she get a tasty look at Geralt naked during the bedroom scene. She also thought he looked hotter in the face with brown hair & just needed to get rid of the bald spot where it parts. XDI also noticed the 'beggartick' & 'honeysuckle' plants were not able to be harvested in all of Kaer Morhen.I had hoped I was collecting them for a final battle of some sorts & the map showed a village which wasn't there on the way to Kaer.Shani was kinda dead weight however as she either didn't dodge when things were exploding around her or she would stay in a single spot while I did all the dirty work from the crypt till Kaer, & if I spoke to her in the Kaer she would not move again. :/Thank gawd I save alot there were some random game stopper bugs but admittedly they were not commonplace.The avalanche graphics made me curious about how they were getting added in as they really were placed well, but very out of place in graphic levels of detail.I liked the color changes overall (the dye part of the storyline was well woven in, too) but original cards would have been a nice touch, besides the one for Shani.Finally in positive conclusion my gawd, the area of Kaer & the Riverford town colors were so breathtaking I found myself stopping just to grab screen shots many times. As was the dialog, banter in Riverford, backstory, the mystery, even the trouble you took to make a new statue, good gawd, dedication right there, period. Much props.The creatures stopping me from rummaging even was a nice touch after I brought my unattractive 'bud' btw.All in all it was an amazing & very worthy experience, thank you, really. I'm thinking I may try another ending next time, & I look forward to it. ^.^

tracido said:
Corylea, I don't know where you are in the 2nd part
I'm hoping to release Chapter 2 in February, though that could get pushed back to March, depending on 1) my health, and 2) the #$%#@ cutscene editor.
I just finished part 1 & was very impressed.
Thank you! It makes my day to hear that.
Don't care how old this is, I think it deserves praise.
*smile* Thank you. And it's not THAT old; it's been out for less than a year.
I have been very preoccupied with my own situations to be here for some time.
I hope you've been preoccupied with good things, not with personal tragedies.
One thing a 'ehem' female friend did ask, was, why couldn't she get a tasty look at Geralt naked during the bedroom scene.
I would have LOVED to have included a naked Geralt, but there's a very simple reason for why you didn't get one: CDPR didn't include any naked Geralt in its models. The nude Shani was based off of her in her nightgown, but we don't have Geralt in a semi-transparent garment that doesn't cover much. And even the nude Shani wasn't made by me, since I can't draw at all; it was made by Felldude.I wanted a Geralt without gauntlets and asked Unkreativ if she could do anything. She's a very talented artist, but all of the models have Geralt wearing gauntlets. When she tried to retexture things so that he had bare hands, he had very large hands with skin that looked a little loose. Um, ugh. So in spite of Unkreativ's valiant efforts, I didn't use the barehanded Geralt in the final version. And that's just getting the man's GLOVES off!
She also thought he looked hotter in the face with brown hair & just needed to get rid of the bald spot where it parts. XD
Wow. Different people have different tastes. I love the white-haired Geralt; I think the white hair makes him different and special. But I'm glad your friend enjoyed the brown hair.
I also noticed the 'beggartick' & 'honeysuckle' plants were not able to be harvested in all of Kaer Morhen.
That's because I didn't put them there. The flowers that look like beggartick and honeysuckle are just part of the Kaer Morhen area, not a separate thing that players can interact with. I didn't put them in the area -- they come with the Kaer Morhen area file -- so I can't take them out or make them usable.
I had hoped I was collecting them for a final battle of some sorts & the map showed a village which wasn't there on the way to Kaer.
The map shows two things in addition to Kaer Morhen castle: the waterwheel outside the cave, and the tents in the clearing where Deirdre had her tents set up in "The Price of Neutrality." There's no village shown, though I did mean to erase the tents and just forgot.
Shani was kinda dead weight however as she either didn't dodge when things were exploding around her or she would stay in a single spot while I did all the dirty work from the crypt till Kaer
Shani isn't as fast as Geralt, so she tends to lag behind. If I waited around for her, my Shani did pull out her dagger and help me fight the wolves outside of the crypt, not that Geralt really needs the help. :)
The avalanche graphics made me curious about how they were getting added in as they really were placed well, but very out of place in graphic levels of detail.
The avalanche is the little stones that CDPR gives us with the game, blown up to 20 times their usual size. That's why their level of detail looks a bit strange.
I liked the color changes overall (the dye part of the storyline was well woven in, too)
I'm glad you liked that. I thought the colors in the main game suited Sapkowski's rather grim world, but I found myself starved for color after playing it several times, so I decided to make mine a dye-makers' village, so I'd have a reason to have a lot of color. I had no idea how much recoloring I was going to need to do to make it all work. :)
original cards would have been a nice touch, besides the one for Shani.
Of course they would, but I can't draw. I mean, I can't draw AT ALL. The average five-year-old draws better than I do. Seriously. I am completely incapable of drawing new sex cards. Unkreativ was nice enough to make me one sex card, but I didn't want to strain her good nature by asking for SIX of them!Chapter 2 will have new sex cards, though they're based off of screenshots, not drawings or paintings since -- as I've said -- I can't draw.
Finally in positive conclusion my gawd, the area of Kaer & the Riverford town colors were so breathtaking I found myself stopping just to grab screen shots many times. As was the dialog, banter in Riverford, backstory, the mystery, even the trouble you took to make a new statue, good gawd, dedication right there, period. Much props.
*smile* Thank you for noticing all of the work I put into the adventure; that makes it all worthwhile.
All in all it was an amazing & very worthy experience, thank you, really. I'm thinking I may try another ending next time, & I look forward to it. ^.^
*smile* I'm very happy to know that you enjoyed my adventure. Knowing that you liked it enough to play again is even better.You can read about which choices change the ending -- under spoiler tags so that you can learn as much or as little as you want -- at the choices and consequences post in the Medical Problems thread in the Djinni section of the forum or on the choices and consequences page at my website.
The biggest difference comes if you don't dye your hair. Don't do the troll contract to start the journey to Kaer Morhen in a different place. And kill poor ole Vetala for another difference.
Thanks for your comments!

Corylea said:
I'm hoping to release Chapter 2 in February, though that could get pushed back to March, depending on 1) my health, and 2) the #$%#@ cutscene editor.
Ahh, wonderful, will be awaiting with baited breath for this continuance. Here's to your health, I remember you and many others from before, even if you may not remember me, I still wish you the best Corylea. As for the editor, I have mentioned elsewhere I'm playing around with it myself now, & I feel completely ignorant at this point, even from where I was working on more mods myself before Djinni even was released when I made a little script edit thanks to helpful modders previous findings which I combined into a tiny mod for a single merchant. XP
Thank you! It makes my day to hear that.
You are very welcome.
*smile* Thank you. And it's not THAT old; it's been out for less than a year.
Actually, it was more about the warning before I posted, "this thread is old, yadda yadda" business (lol), but yeah, I have enjoyed a few I've played so far (still have a few left to tear into) but yours really stood out for me personally.
I hope you've been preoccupied with good things, not with personal tragedies.
Yeah, not so much on the wonderful but, thankfully nothing too tragic other than a few things in between...
I would have LOVED to have included a naked Geralt, but there's a very simple reason for why you didn't get one: CDPR didn't include any naked Geralt in its models. The nude Shani was based off of her in her nightgown, but we don't have Geralt in a semi-transparent garment that doesn't cover much. And even the nude Shani wasn't made by me, since I can't draw at all; it was made by Felldude.I wanted a Geralt without gauntlets and asked Unkreativ if she could do anything. She's a very talented artist, but all of the models have Geralt wearing gauntlets. When she tried to retexture things so that he had bare hands, he had very large hands with skin that looked a little loose. Um, ugh. So in spite of Unkreativ's valiant efforts, I didn't use the barehanded Geralt in the final version. And that's just getting the man's GLOVES off!
Ahh, yeah, I remember when I was here before I was attempting to help Felldude on some updates and genitalia positioning for the 'bare' mods on the females. However I didn't get far enough on my own, & well things just kept happening in rl.I had wished there was a good clothing mod for clothing sliding off, ripping, et cetera, & Geralt not having a base nude model to work with I believe I remember being mentioned a while back now.
Wow. Different people have different tastes. I love the white-haired Geralt; I think the white hair makes him different and special. But I'm glad your friend enjoyed the brown hair.
I don't know, it might have to with the fact that my hair is long & dark brown (yeah right lol), but I think she was meaning his face looks a bit too hard, she's more into the 'prettyboy' facial features & yep everyone has different tastes though, she does find his body type very attractive & still wants to see more of it. Judging from the teasers of '2' I look forward to the model access for modding in it. :p
That's because I didn't put them there. The flowers that look like beggartick and honeysuckle are just part of the Kaer Morhen area, not a separate thing that players can interact with. I didn't put them in the area -- they come with the Kaer Morhen area file -- so I can't take them out or make them usable.
Ahh, I so was goin nutty trying to find one I could harvest. Good to know if I ever get to the point where I attempt my own use of that map. XD
The map shows two things in addition to Kaer Morhen castle: the waterwheel outside the cave, and the tents in the clearing where Deirdre had her tents set up in "The Price of Neutrality." There's no village shown, though I did mean to erase the tents and just forgot.
Dang it's been a while since I played that one, I had forgotten that's what they were doing there in the first place. I remember one of the last things I had tried was adding modified cards for that adventure thanks to Felldude...
Shani isn't as fast as Geralt, so she tends to lag behind. If I waited around for her, my Shani did pull out her dagger and help me fight the wolves outside of the crypt, not that Geralt really needs the help. :)
Nah, what I mean is she stayed at the entrance of the crypt every time I entered, never moving from it until i emerged at the other side in Kaer. Once there I spoke with her accidentally while harvesting & she did the same thing, stayed stuck in that same spot until the ending (not frozen just never moving from her spot where I spoke with her). When she did run with me (when I did not speak to her) I did notice she was slower though, & I guess what I had hoped is that she would hang back a little when fighting the explosive enemies. lol
The avalanche is the little stones that CDPR gives us with the game, blown up to 20 times their usual size. That's why their level of detail looks a bit strange.
Well, that certainly explains it. I also remember the severe limits to the modding program (from lack of full access to the game code for copyright reasons or something) as well as to adding in newly created objects. That's an interesting way to get around it, believe me I'm taking notes on this stuff myself. ;)
I'm glad you liked that. I thought the colors in the main game suited Sapkowski's rather grim world, but I found myself starved for color after playing it several times, so I decided to make mine a dye-makers' village, so I'd have a reason to have a lot of color. I had no idea how much recoloring I was going to need to do to make it all work. :)
Yeah, I wanted to mention I've seen your mods for some time & this was an ingenious way of putting them to good use in an adventure of this magnitude & I'm sure it wasn't easy but really had to say something about it after experiencing it.
Of course they would, but I can't draw. I mean, I can't draw AT ALL. The average five-year-old draws better than I do. Seriously. I am completely incapable of drawing new sex cards. Unkreativ was nice enough to make me one sex card, but I didn't want to strain her good nature by asking for SIX of them!Chapter 2 will have new sex cards, though they're based off of screenshots, not drawings or paintings since -- as I've said -- I can't draw.
Aww dang, well still, I wasn't expecting ANY going in so I didn't mean to come off as unappreciative. The cards did fit the dyed clothing just right btw. ;) Look forward to the renders from screenies in the next one. ^.^
*smile* Thank you for noticing all of the work I put into the adventure; that makes it all worthwhile.
I really hope more folks give this one a shot, I would gladly promote it. ^.~
*smile* I'm very happy to know that you enjoyed my adventure. Knowing that you liked it enough to play again is even better.
The biggest difference comes if you don't dye your hair. Don't do the troll contract to start the journey to Kaer Morhen in a different place. And kill poor ole Vetala for another difference.
Thanks for your comments!
I'll check out those different playchoices next time indeed. Again good luck, & I must say I wasn't the only one who enjoyed it as I always share my experiences with other friend fans. ;D

Just wanted to let everyone know that Medical Problems mod is finally available for download at our website.Just follow the link listed below and scroll all the way down.http://tw1.thewitcher.com/article/en/downloads

MM360 said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that Medical Problems mod is finally available for download at our website. Just follow the link listed below and scroll all the way down.http://tw1.thewitcher.com/article/en/downloads
Thank you, MM360! I appreciate your doing what other Community Managers only promised.
MM360 said:
Wow! Finally. Better late than never I guess.
Yeah. It's only been 321 days. But, who's counting? :)

Top Bottom