[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+

Mekc

Forum regular
I want to lost my memory about this game and play again. Jesus...., I feel so empty after this game. I want more!

Same. But after a period of 2-3 days you will want to replay it again ) That happened with me.

What game is as good, as immersive or even better than TW3 ? Damn now I'll be so picky for my next game. I want to start anew but not motivated enough for now.

It is a matter of priorities.

Like Sagitarii says, including conversations and dialog for all possible worldstates after you finish the game would have been an enormous undertaking.

I would like anyone who thinks this is an easy thing of just keeping the NPCs around to think for a moment.

1) Every NPC would have to react to all possible world-states that affect them. For the major NPCs that would be all of them.
2) They need to have different scenarios of where they are and what they are doing, logically, depending on the endings.
3) Even entire areas might have to change dramatically if we were to showcase the ending world states

And this is just a small list of considerations that ultimately led to the decision to not include this. As is the case with branching stories, they get heftier and heftier the further you go down the branches. To add tailored content to the end world would be a huge a undertaking if we were to do it right (and we don't like to do things unless we do them 'right' particularly when it comes to story and plot).

And before you yell that this was lazy on our part...please remember that we already have one of the heftiest scripts in gaming and so many voice over sessions that it boggles the mind.

Just remember...there is never such a thing as "JUST" adding something when it comes to a game like this.

WOW! What a body blow. Guys seriously at the very minimum, just place them in the world, at Kaer Mohren for the Witchers (inc Ciri if the Witcher ending)
Place Triss in a flat, Yenn in her room at Kaer Mohren, they dont even need to say anything apart from "Hey Geralt" or something, it's just so you can go on in the world happy with the knowledge they are in it with you.

Mekc

Forum regular
WOW! What a body blow. Guys seriously at the very minimum, just place them in the world, at Kaer Mohren for the Witchers (inc Ciri if the Witcher ending)
Place Triss in a flat, Yenn in her room at Kaer Mohren, they dont even need to say anything apart from "Hey Geralt" or something, it's just so you can go on in the world happy with the knowledge they are in it with you.

Agree. At least THAT. And other characters too!

@CDPR at least please consider an expansion (it doesn't have to be an end game world state overhaul) it can be the end you did removing the final chapter, but allow follower support for the main characters, the code is already there in game, I know the RedKit would probably do this and modders will do something similar, but wouldn't it be sooo cool to have Ciri, Triss or Yenn. Lambert or Eskel, or Kiera, Philippa join you.

Make it so, charge £39.99 I don't care and will pay for this endgame featurette.

They should have just put the main characters anywhere in the world without changing the world state (I know it's not just "JUST", but can't help it xD) . There is a quest where we can choose to side with Roche/Dijkstra/Radovid, It's not part of the main quest, and it doesn't have world state changes either, even after Radovid died. Not any of the npc has any say about that event. This quest is a sidequest that can fail if we continue to finish mainstory.

How about balancing enemy levels after endgame, I still play ocassionally for killing time and enjoy the exploring but it'd be great if the enemy levels were scaled up as well because Geralt outlevelled them by a lot. If nothing can be changed then we'll just have to wait for expansions and REDkit2. Meanwhile I'll just continue playing wearing shirt and boxer.

What game is as good, as immersive or even better than TW3 ? Damn now I'll be so picky for my next game. I want to start anew but not motivated enough for now.

Exactly, can't start a new playthrough because there is nothing "new" to see, like dark souls where you find new monsters, items, challenges, whatever.
They put a lot of work on the main story and mid game, but the after-ending is really meh...

What an absurd post that red made... Truly disappointing, a sad attempt to dodge fan criticism? I can't even understand why one would post that, when the majority of people talking about end game states either don't care about a state that changes by the players decisions, and those that do care about choices are mostly fine with paying for it

i mean really... Dude needs to work in pr before posting something like that, he needs experience lol

What an absurd post that red made... Truly disappointing, a sad attempt to dodge fan criticism? I can't even understand why one would post that, when the majority of people talking about end game states either don't care about a state that changes by the players decisions, and those that do care about choices are mostly fine with paying for it

i mean really... Dude needs to work in pr before posting something like that, he needs experience lol

Hi,

I am sorry I am not a PR representative and don't only tell you things that are PR approved. I speak from my personal experience and outline reasons why we did what we did.

Please remember I could have just not said anything, but I saw that a lot of people are commenting on this...and a lot of people asking why we don't "just" add some more dialog lines to NPCs for after the game, so I explained why it is not as simple as it may seem.

It is always refreshing when a community engages in dialog about a solution to a problem. Often, we may find new ways to approach things, which is why I am here.

I will, in the meantime, pass the suggestion of using the last savegame before the final mission as a starting point for the "After Ending" game on. I think this is a good idea that we can look into for a patch.

As for Expansion content after the main game, I will also add that to the feedback. I outlined in my reply why this is a more expansive change/addition, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

In the meantime, thank you for keeping the discussion civil and for the suggestions and feedback!

---------- Updated at 08:24 AM ----------

I will happily pass on the suggestion to the rest of the team.

Blows, incidetally, were not intended. I merely pointed out the difficulties of the things that have already been requested by people in this and other threads about this topic.

Apologies if this was taken as an insult or attack.

Hi,

I am sorry I am not a PR representative and don't only tell you things that are PR approved. I speak from my personal experience and outline reasons why we did what we did.

Please remember I could have just not said anything, but I saw that a lot of people are commenting on this...and a lot of people asking why we don't "just" add some more dialog lines to NPCs for after the game, so I explained why it is not as simple as it may seem.

It is always refreshing when a community engages in dialog about a solution to a problem. Often, we may find new ways to approach things, which is why I am here.

I will, in the meantime, pass the suggestion of using the last savegame before the final mission as a starting point for the "After Ending" game on. I think this is a good idea that we can look into for a patch.

As for Expansion content after the main game, I will also add that to the feedback. I outlined in my reply why this is a more expansive change/addition, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

In the meantime, thank you for keeping the discussion civil and for the suggestions and feedback!

Blows, incidetally, were not intended. I merely pointed out the difficulties of the things that have already been requested by people in this and other threads about this topic.

what will you pass on our suggestion?? Or your

did not understand loading the game before the ending is no patch we would like you to pass on our suggestion

Last edited:
Hi,

THANK YOU! I hope you will do more than "something", because the charactes were so great. and now, while walking lonely in the withcherland, I am in some way depressed. For real!

what will you pass on our suggestion?? Or your

did not understand loading the game before the ending is no patch we would like you to pass on our suggestion

Even though I quoted you in my answer, it does not mean I am only talking to you or only responding to points you made. It's all in this thread and others about this topic though. :)

Have a wonderful day.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers GingerEffect!
I think it would help if you would just add the main characters back to the game after the ending, even if they don't have anything new to say. Just knowing they are there would make the world less empty after finishing the game.
I remember when I finished the game, I was spawned in Kaer Morhen and realized Ciri( although I got the witcheress ending) Yen and Triss were gone. I lost any motivation to continue playing. I had to load a 15 hours earlier save (with them being in Novigrad) to do all the missing sidestuff. Considering some of the witcher contracts(level 33,35), enemies (level 48 arch gryphon) and diagrams (level 40+) are higher than the last story mission (level 30) I assume you want us to play further after the story. The way it's currently implemented it's just not satisfying for a lot of people to do so.

Something you could consider for the first paid dlc is to add some post-ending content for the most important characters.
I assume Ciri, Yen and Triss will appear in the expansions, so if you record new voice-overs for them, you could also record some general banther/conversations between Geralt and Yen/Ciri/Triss and give us the possiblity to take them with us as companions if it makes sense (love interest and Ciri if we got the witcheress ending) and maybe add some general conversation options.It's a pity there is so little we can talk about with them outside of story missions (Triss for example stops talking to us after Novigrad, Yen has the same 2-3 dialogues during the whole game, Ciri 4-5 I think) It would have been great if there was new dialogue triggered after certain story events. I really think there is much more Geralt and Ciri/Yen/Triss would like to talk about after they haven't seen each other fort so long (especially Ciri, 6+ years)

The companion mechanics are there in the game, so it shouldn't be too much work and it would also make sense, considering my Ciri ending even says that Geralt and her spent some time doing Witcher stuff. With some banther between Geralt and Triss/Yen/Ciri this would definitely enhance the post-ending content and I don't think it would be too much work to implement it. Sailing between the islands of Skellige while listening to a conversation between Geralt and Ciri would make finishing all the ? stuff a lot more interesting.
Even without new banther, it would be great to give us the possibility to take them with us as a companion (maybe as one of the free dlc?)

On a side note. You really have to release the Redkit. For PC players this problem would have been fixed by now, if you would have released it with the launch of the game.
I think 80%+ of the problems with the game people on this forum are complaining about would have been solved, if the Redkit was available. (at least for pc players)
I have the feeling you are gonna make the same mistake again and release it way too late, so there won't be any significant modding community. That would be a real shame, because the open world of Witcher 3 is perfect for a modding community. You also have to keep in mind that a modding community usually stays faithfull to a developer/game series, so Cyberpunk and the next Witcher game would also benefit from it.

Last edited:
Can we at least have STASH, I don't want to manage my inventory in the next playthrough like the first time ever again, it took me a lot of time to decide what to keep or sell.

Trophies also need a bit of love, some of them only shown as a pouch.

Mekc

Forum regular
Can we at least have STASH, I don't want to manage my inventory in the next playthrough like the first time ever again, it took me a lot of time to decide what to keep or sell.

Trophies also need a bit of love, some of them only shown as a pouch.

You can make a Stash yourself - just get a place in the world where you stash everything (on the ground). I had my "stash" near Hattori - after about 30-40 hours of gameplay dropped items were still lying there.

Like in Diablo 1.

You can make a Stash yourself - just get a place in the world where you stash everything (on the ground). I had my "stash" near Hattori - after about 30-40 hours of gameplay dropped items were still lying there.

Like in Diablo 1.

Good to know, no stash is ok then ;D

My Opinion (Spoilters)

This is just my opinion. but I already feel like CD Project Red spoiled us with this great game. I'm already done with the game and I honestly think reverting back close to last mission is the best choice. I did the same thing by starting again at the Kaer Morhen arc because I want a different Ciri ending after I finished personally. This game just needs more slides where they tell us about what happens to everyone like the geralt living with yenn happily ever after (ending i got) instead of voicework. (hopefully that's not harder) For example, it would be awesome that if Ciri became the next ruler, Triss would be her adviser with Geralt by her side as a twist . (geralt/triss ending) If not, I'm still happy with the game because this game was the best RPG in a while / arguably one of the best SINGLE-player RPG game.

If there is more content, CD Project Red could possibility do something like Dragon Age Awakening and a Ultimate Edition for the Witcher which would a dream come true for people like me. The expansion would be dedicated to Iorveth/Saskia and a small region in the Pontar only because they have been completely cut off from the game. It's one thing to take away characters from the ending, but another to straight up take them out the game. The expansion could take place with Geralt visiting the Pontar after the war and tie up loose ends before meeting like Triss or whoever at home or something. Zoltan would be your companion like Oghren (dragon age origins) and fill you in. That would be my dream scenario for an expansion like this to happen, but it isn't needed. WITCHER 3 IS AWESOME...

Top Bottom