[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
It is a matter of priorities.

Like Sagitarii says, including conversations and dialog for all possible worldstates after you finish the game would have been an enormous undertaking.

I would like anyone who thinks this is an easy thing of just keeping the NPCs around to think for a moment.

1) Every NPC would have to react to all possible world-states that affect them. For the major NPCs that would be all of them.
2) They need to have different scenarios of where they are and what they are doing, logically, depending on the endings.
3) Even entire areas might have to change dramatically if we were to showcase the ending world states

And this is just a small list of considerations that ultimately led to the decision to not include this. As is the case with branching stories, they get heftier and heftier the further you go down the branches. To add tailored content to the end world would be a huge a undertaking if we were to do it right (and we don't like to do things unless we do them 'right' particularly when it comes to story and plot).

And before you yell that this was lazy on our part...please remember that we already have one of the heftiest scripts in gaming and so many voice over sessions that it boggles the mind.

Just remember...there is never such a thing as "JUST" adding something when it comes to a game like this.

Okay just going to comment on this post. Which just seems to have taken the first comment where someone has given a reason for them not doing anything and gone with it.

That scenario was not what the majority of people have been asking for with this entire post. Hate to ask this, but did you actually read the thread? I think not.

What people are asking for, and sure some people did say it would be cool to experience an after end game state, but not the majority. The majority of people want the characters back in the game and concurred that a post Epilogue state of the game which would literally have not required any change, except the characters implementation.

Okay, now to move onto the presentation of facts and what we as a player base were asking for compared to this:

1) Every NPC would have to react... No, Every character does not know what happened in Skellige after the Epilogue, and only Ciri, Geralt and Avallac'h knew as well as probably Yen/Triss...
2) They need different scenarios, only three, and that's in the case of the Epilogue, without the post Epilogue, literally no work.
3) Entire area's need to change dramatically. Nope, post the Epilogue, the zones are still in a war-time state, the war is not over yet. The war ends, which entails these massive changes post the Storyboard, after the Epilogue. If you didn't do the Epilogue, nothing has changed because the story hasn't ended at all.

Sure, there is never such a thing as "JUST" adding something, but there is a thing as improving something to make it more enjoyable, rewarding and making your fans happy as well as satisfied with the end of the game. As well as being able to still feel immersed in the game world for DLC content, continuing their game.

I really hope that you make an effort to discuss this, and next time actually read the thread.

Because, for almost 250+ pages of this thread it has been discussed, the options you have and what would have been really, the best way to implement this change and it seems you have taken the one option no-one realistically expected and said, "Oh yes, we can't do this because... Or it would be extremely difficult to do this because..." when we already know these reasons and thus didn't make that a realistic option in the first place, more of a shiny dream enjoyed by some players...

The fact is that ending the game after the Epilogue was realistic and the best option to really conclude, Geralt's story. Your story board acts as a form of insurance for the player, to know that their character will enjoy said future, well also in the right time to have all the side quests still available, active and relevant, as well as all the characters deployed in the game world.

------------

I just wanted to add that I don't mean to be picky here or in any way aggressive, as I'm sure it reads, it's in my nature to pick apart arguments or words. But, I have literally been reading this thread since the first reply all the way through to now and have seen countless people come and give their opinion, opinions of feelings of the end of the game and then opinions and really interesting discussions about how CDPR could incorporate a solution realistically and achieve-ably. To have all that discussion take place and then to have a RED post literally addressing the only opinion we really didn't expect to happen, as being Extremely hard, and the way the post is made, as being not really an option in their eyes, is really disappointing nor does it feel like all the feedback has been thought about or taken in at all.

Last edited:
I totally agree with a lot of the people on this forum. Hopefully CDPR will have the DLC expand upon the ending. People are arguing that it is right that no main characters are found after the end because it is the "end" but this is crap reasoning. I couldnt play after the end because of the barren feeling world, so PLIS MAKE THE ENDING MORE COMPLETED.

Like Sagitarii says, including conversations and dialog for all possible worldstates after you finish the game would have been an enormous undertaking.

I would like anyone who thinks this is an easy thing of just keeping the NPCs around to think for a moment.

1) Every NPC would have to react to all possible world-states that affect them. For the major NPCs that would be all of them.
2) They need to have different scenarios of where they are and what they are doing, logically, depending on the endings.
3) Even entire areas might have to change dramatically if we were to showcase the ending world states

And this is just a small list of considerations that ultimately led to the decision to not include this. As is the case with branching stories, they get heftier and heftier the further you go down the branches. To add tailored content to the end world would be a huge a undertaking if we were to do it right (and we don't like to do things unless we do them 'right' particularly when it comes to story and plot).

And before you yell that this was lazy on our part...please remember that we already have one of the heftiest scripts in gaming and so many voice over sessions that it boggles the mind.

Just remember...there is never such a thing as "JUST" adding something when it comes to a game like this.

There is any chance that CDPR will make any storyline DLC? that will add more content to the game?
Its seems you only read the main comment, you need to see the main reason people are complaining, you have made the game perfect, the plot perfect, everything is perfect. its the first time i was into the game, i was sad when i finished the storyline, cause i felt connected to the characters, then everyone is gone, its kind of depressing..
there is any chance that there will be any storyline content?
i have a question, its kind of rude, but before you have published the game, you let people to play it till the end of the storyline? not just the first mission?
you need to understand us, we so into this game, so that ending makes some people make them feel sad and lonely, and they don't want to play anymore.
CDPR i guess have worked on this game since The Witcher 1. few years, don't you want to make the customers satisfied (of course everyone that bought the game is satisfied, well at least most of them, I'm gonna say it again, the game is perfect, but the ending ruin it.)

Sorry for wasting your time, but i felt like i have to say it.

Thanks for the reply @GingerEffect.
But I think that's not the issue of the majority here (atleast it's not mine). The problem isn't that we don't get to see how we've shaped the world, or that the NPC's don't comment on what happened after the endings, the issue here is that, from what I understand from the message (pic below) that pops when we're dropped in Kaer Morhen, we're in a worldstate before the last chapter of the game happened, but if the last chapter hasn't happened yet, why did every one, you've masterfully made us fall in love with I might add, have already left?
What I would like is what is implied in that message, no ending has happened, thus, everyone should be where he/she was before it.
Don't need new lines, don't need changed banners, just them, so while I wander the immense, beautiful game you've crafted and bump into them, I smile remembering what I've been through with them.

I'm not asking much, am I?

View attachment 15542

exactly my question.

---------- Updated at 08:20 PM ----------

You have to remember as well that Dandelion is still in Novigrad after the credits, Ciri is still in the white orchard bar after the epilogue (at least in my game) and Zoltan is right in the same building as Dandelion.

For those of you who say "well that is there finished postions" you're wrong and right. If that is an arguement to why the other essentials are gone that they went to their end story locations you have a huge problem. Eskel took over Kaer Morhen yet isn't there, Lambert should be back in Skellige Isles but isn't. Also The King or Queen on Skellige (depending on who you sided with) should be in the ball room where the bears attacked because that is the thrown room, yet they aren't there. Not one of the Characters that were mentioned. As well as the biggest proof is that the after credits message said that they reset everything to the end of the last chapter. meaning everyone should be on the damn boat or back at Dandelions freaking hotel but they aren't. The game straight up lied to us (when in relation to everything) and the the developers made some big mistakes in that. Why the hell would Triss leave for Kovir without Geralt when that was their dream? As stated in The Witcher 2 "Lets just get out of here Geralt and run away to Kovir. I hear the King is granting assylum to anyone with magical abilities" and then again in this game she says the same thing and the ending if you side with her in the love field says the same thing. So why would she leave without you????? She should at least be back packing for the trip instead of leaving her mega scope in her rented room (don't believe me go look all her stuff is still in that leaning tower of piza house). Yennifer should still be around as well. I can go on and on. Look I don't hate the game but I am a critic. And my job is to find the bad stuff and report on it. Then make mention of the good. The rest of the game is awesome.

Thanks for the reply @GingerEffect .
But I think that's not the issue of the majority here (atleast it's not mine). The problem isn't that we don't get to see how we've shaped the world, or that the NPC's don't comment on what happened after the endings, the issue here is that, from what I understand from the message (pic below) that pops when we're dropped in Kaer Morhen, we're in a worldstate before the last chapter of the game happened, but if the last chapter hasn't happened yet, why did every one, you've masterfully made us fall in love with I might add, have already left?
What I would like is what is implied in that message, no ending has happened, thus, everyone should be where he/she was before it.
Don't need new lines, don't need changed banners, just them, so while I wander the immense, beautiful game you've crafted and bump into them, I smile remembering what I've been through with them.

I'm not asking much, am I?

I agree with this 100%.

I just want the important NPC's to exist in the world somewhere, as they were before the ending so it doesn't feel so empty.

Guys. I've already posted here on the main problem, but...

At least what do we have to do in the world after finishing the game?

I am level 36, Death March difficulty - I did all the Witcher contracts (I guess the highest was lvl 35), did the horse riding contest, master alchemist, promising secondary quests and so on...

The problem is that since I finished the game - I had only 3 or 4 quests for my level. All the others are simply gray and useless. Even the DLC quest about some miners contract (5 minute quest) was for level 29!

Did I miss some high-level content or it is not present? I did dozens (or hundreds) "?" marks on the maps, but it's quite dull to do them all. All the creatures I met (up to level 37) I kill in 4-10 seconds on maximum diffuculty without hard tactics.

So... That's it? Game over? Not only I can't see Ciri, Yen, Triss and others, but I don't even have 35+ lvl quests?

Guys. I've already posted here on the main problem, but...

At least what do we have to do in the world after finishing the game?

I am level 36, Death March difficulty - I did all the Witcher contracts (I guess the highest was lvl 35), did the horse riding contest, master alchemist, promising secondary quests and so on...

The problem is that since I finished the game - I had only 3 or 4 quests for my level. All the others are simply gray and useless. Even the DLC quest about some miners contract (5 minute quest) was for level 29!

Did I miss some high-level content or it is not present? I did dozens (or hundreds) "?" marks on the maps, but it's quite dull to do them all. All the creatures I met (up to level 37) I kill in 4-10 seconds on maximum diffuculty without hard tactics.

So... That's it? Game over? Not only I can't see Ciri, Yen, Triss and others, but I don't even have 35+ lvl quests?

Yeah, this game "ends" when you finish the main storyline and do the two high level witcher contracts. There's nothing new for you to do afterwards. It's not like Skyrim where there's still a lot of side quests and tangential stories to discover. That's the trade-off to having an otherwise extremely focused and cohesive package with Witcher 3 where just about everything you do informs the world and feeds back into the main story.

Ok,i suggest,that we all understood,adn you are right.That will take a lot of time and work<but.May be you can add this,before closing this game line? In future dls?

---------- Updated at 08:52 PM ----------

Ok,i suggest,that we all understood,and you are right.That will take a lot of time and work<but.May be you can add this,before closing this game line? In future dls?

The just add them after the ending

ciri at the in
and yen or triss wherever they think is good

now it would be great if there were more romance options to..

Yeah, and how about adding Romance (small, like with Keira) options with that Dreams Expert girl or with two girls in the estate (wooden sword training).

Just add them to the game, Kaer Morhen or at the Inn, wherever you guys feel it's best.

It would be good to have a conversation option not more complicated that "Hi, how are you"?, just at least place them back in the game.

Yeah, this game "ends" when you finish the main storyline and do the two high level witcher contracts. There's nothing new for you to do afterwards. It's not like Skyrim where there's still a lot of side quests and tangential stories to discover. That's the trade-off to having an otherwise extremely focused and cohesive package with Witcher 3 where just about everything you do informs the world and feeds back into the main story.

Well... I guess it's time to start anew!

this feeling of loneliness and lack of game depth after the ending is due to the absence of main chars because you have no reason to kill monsters, when i still had to complete the story i had a reason to continue and go on and kill everyone in my path, thats what the game lacks in the end but i think adding chars back again in the map would surely "motivate" me a bit to do all the sides i have left (as silly as it sounds)

this feeling of loneliness and lack of game depth after the ending is due to the absence of main chars because you have no reason to kill monsters, when i still had to complete the story i had a reason to continue and go on and kill everyone in my path, thats what the game lacks in the end but i think adding chars back again in the map would surely "motivate" me a bit to do all the sides i have left (as silly as it sounds)
It's not silly

Also the enemies need serious rebalancing post ending. I like The Witcher 3 universe and still can't let go, so I have to come up with something and continue playing wearing white shirt or just boxer. xD

I had a few questions regarding the upcoming paid DLC that CDPR is planning. To anyone's knowledge, do we know if this is confirmed to be for before the end-game?

Obviously it would be ideal if one of the paid DLCs was post-ending, but if it isn't, I'm hoping I haven't handicapped myself for any pre-ending DLC as the earliest save game I have is in Kaer Morhen right before the battle of Kaer Morhen - has anyone else got this issue as well?

Top Bottom