Mod idea - faster Geralt's animations

+
If we can't speed up Geralt's attack animations, is it possible to switch some of them around? If the opening attack could use the stab he does behind him instead of his stupid jumping spin, that could save him from getting smacked by a club armed bumpkin.

We can speed up Geralt's attack animations. And other animations. I don't know how, it's something a different team member brought up. It's being tested right now.

The only caveat is that you have to speed up all the animations.

Also - I sort of remember a mod that changed the attack types around, from a while ago. Maybe a cam mod. And it looked at the way you were facing or something to see which attack type you used. I honestly don't remember very well, though. Sorry. :/

We can speed up Geralt's attack animations. And other animations. I don't know how, it's something a different team member brought up. It's being tested right now.

The only caveat is that you have to speed up all the animations.

Also - I sort of remember a mod that changed the attack types around, from a while ago. Maybe a cam mod. And it looked at the way you were facing or something to see which attack type you used. I honestly don't remember very well, though. Sorry. :/
Do you mean the disable softlock mod?

If you guys don't allow me to download modules of this overhaul (I don't want the Witcher2 armors) I'll be very unhappy. And then I'll cannibalize your files
Right now we have three main modules in the closed beta: scripts, xml edits and the new meshes+textures. We plan on making it as modular as possible, but we had to merge all the scripts because updating and working together on them is way faster this way .

If you guys don't allow me to download modules of this overhaul (I don't want the Witcher2 armors) I'll be very unhappy. And then I'll cannibalize your files

We can't let you download them right now, but I can make a qiuck vid/gif to show you how it works. You can also sign in for closed beta to test all modules

We can't let you download them right now, but I can make a qiuck vid/gif to show you how it works. You can also sign in for closed beta to test all modules

I'm saying more when you're done :p I am very interested in half your work and completely opposed to the other half :p If you're planning to release these modules as separate files then I'll be happy.

I'm saying more when you're done :p I am very interested in half your work and completely opposed to the other half :p If you're planning to release these modules as separate files then I'll be happy.

That's the plan. Right now, it's all in 3 files for easy updates and testing.

The file actor.ws in content\scripts\game has the lines:

private function CalculateFinalAnimationSpeedMultiplier() : float
{
var i,size : int;
var FinalMult : float = 1.f;

size = animationMultiplierCausers.Size();

if(size > 0)
{
for( i = 0; i < size; i += 1 )
{
FinalMult *= animationMultiplierCausers.mul;
}
//Log("[J_Slash] -- " + "FinalMult: " + FinalMult + " -- modMult: " + MinF(FinalMult, 1.0f));
return MinF(FinalMult, 1.0f);
}

return 1;
}

//Removes animation multiplier causer and sets final animation multiplier.
public function ResetAnimationSpeedMultiplier(id : int)
{

if(size == 0)
return; //yeah, right

// J_Slash: Animation Speeds
for(i=0; i<size; i+=1)
{
if(animationMultiplierCausers.id == id)
animationMultiplierCausers.Remove(animationMultipl ierCausers);

//Log("[J_Slash] -- " + i + ". ID: " + animationMultiplierCausers.id + " -- Multiplier: " + animationMultiplierCausers.mul);
}

if(animationMultiplierCausers.Size()+1 != size)
{
LogAssert(false, "CAnimatedComponent.ResetAnimationMultiplier: invalid causer ID passed, nothing removed!");
return;
}

SetAnimationTimeMultiplier(CalculateFinalAnimation SpeedMultiplier());
}

public function ClearAnimationSpeedMultipliers()
{
animationMultiplierCausers.Clear();
SetAnimationTimeMultiplier( 1.0f );
}

The red numbers are some kind of light attack animation speed multiplier which can bet set to about 5.5 - 10f.

I will test out tonight if I can get a real Cat-Witcher with Cat-like superfast reflexes and combat and with charming cattitude. :D

edit: It works. Have fun!

File Download:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-10994560/mod_CatWitcher.zip.html

mieeeew mieeeew mieeeeeeeeeeeew

Now the Whirl Attack and the heavy Wolf school attack needs some serios speeding-up

Last edited:
The file actor.ws in content\scripts\game has the lines:

private function CalculateFinalAnimationSpeedMultiplier() : float
{
var FinalMult : float = 1.f;

if(size > 0)
{
for( i = 0; i < size; i += 1 )
{
FinalMult *= animationMultiplierCausers.mul;
}
//Log("[J_Slash] -- " + "FinalMult: " + FinalMult + " -- modMult: " + MinF(FinalMult, 1.0f));
return MinF(FinalMult, 1.0f);
}

return 1;
}

//Removes animation multiplier causer and sets final animation multiplier.
public function ResetAnimationSpeedMultiplier(id : int)
{

if(size == 0)
return; //yeah, right

// J_Slash: Animation Speeds
for(i=0; i<size; i+=1)
{
if(animationMultiplierCausers.id == id)
animationMultiplierCausers.Remove(animationMultipl ierCausers);

//Log("[J_Slash] -- " + i + ". ID: " + animationMultiplierCausers.id + " -- Multiplier: " + animationMultiplierCausers.mul);
}

if(animationMultiplierCausers.Size()+1 != size)
{
LogAssert(false, "CAnimatedComponent.ResetAnimationMultiplier: invalid causer ID passed, nothing removed!");
return;
}

SetAnimationTimeMultiplier(CalculateFinalAnimation SpeedMultiplier());
}

public function ClearAnimationSpeedMultipliers()
{
animationMultiplierCausers.Clear();
SetAnimationTimeMultiplier( 1.0f );
}

The red numbers are some kind of light attack animation speed multiplier which can bet set to about 5.5 - 10f.

I will test out tonight if I can get a real Cat-Witcher with Cat-like superfast reflexes and combat and with charming cattitude. :D

edit: It works. Have fun!

File Download:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-10994560/mod_CatWitcher.zip.html

mieeeew mieeeew mieeeeeeeeeeeew

Now the Whirl Attack and the heavy Wolf school attack needs some serios speeding-up

Hey, I'm revisiting this now, trying to use speed as a difficulty mechanism. I'm looking to speed up geralt a bit, monsters a bit, and leave humans where they're at. your download link is broken however, and when I start poking around in the actor.ws file, the only variable that seems to affect anything is animationtimemultiplier, which affects every npc and geralt. could you PM me an updated link to a working script?

Hey, I'm revisiting this now, trying to use speed as a difficulty mechanism. I'm looking to speed up geralt a bit, monsters a bit, and leave humans where they're at. your download link is broken however, and when I start poking around in the actor.ws file, the only variable that seems to affect anything is animationtimemultiplier, which affects every npc and geralt. could you PM me an updated link to a working script?

It would be interesting to speed up monsters and make them more aggressive, a lot of times they just sit there and let Geralt recover. However, I would rather wait until cdpr finishes all the expansions and patches so you don't waste your time on those scripts.

It would be interesting to speed up monsters and make them more aggressive, a lot of times they just sit there and let Geralt recover. However, I would rather wait until cdpr finishes all the expansions and patches so you don't waste your time on those scripts.

If I can figure out what to change now, updating to the new versions of scripts should be relatively easy.

Any news ? I for one am still waiting for a mod that would get the dodge and attack animations closer to the 2014, 37 min video .

Top Bottom