[mod] Witcher Difficulty Increase

+
[mod] Witcher Difficulty Increase

HiFor me the game was a bit too easy, and opponeents too slow.I've went to forums about NWN and unpacked few things, and voila. This mode is for people who completed the game on hard. Don't try in other case - no exact alchemy potion, sequence failures, wrong blade - Death will find You fast.How to use: Put the Ovveride folder into Data folder in the main game folderfor example.: C:\Program Files\Witcher\DATA\OVERRIDEChanges:Only for hard level:Geralt damage is lessGeralt resistances are lowerEnemy armor is higherEvery level:Enemy damage is higherMonster &opponent resistances are higherYou and opponents run fasterGeralt is fighting fasterEvery opponent is faster (especially monsters)TPP camera in far mode is farther.But now: without signs, alchemy, runes, greases it's hard to kill anybody, especially a group (Ex: mutants in Old Keep: didn't found their stats)Tell me what You think Key F5 - best Geralts FriendHave a nice slice... day.Piotrek O.Ps: (I've forget to tell you)To backup to normality : delete Override folder from game folder DataYes!! All Your saves are compatible!! - I was uploading my own ones to try different bosses with different setting.
[size=20pt]So many people .. ... .. so few downloads... you're scarred. Aren't you? [/size]​
| | | | \ / \ / \ / / Version 1.01 :) - harderNormal mana points restoredReedited talble of poins per level Version 1.02 :) - For suicidersMonsters fire resistance +20%Parring monsters ability +20Decresed armor multiplayer fo Geralts attack -10%Version 1.03 :) -Better hitting ability for monstersLower Geralts dodging and parring starting abilitiesMore life for fasttype oponnents Better attack ability for strongtype opponentsVersion 1.05 :)The village people & town people does not moves as fas as Geralt.You have much more less talents.Monter are fast as a hell beasts.

Oooo .. I might take a look later.Right now, I've got a bit of grinding to do .. need 1 more level, then going to try to kill the head hunter.

That's the very thing I've been waiting for. Although I'm still looking for ways to edit the files myself so that I can customize my own difficulty level.EDIT: Does the mini-mod work for games in progress, or do I need to restart the game/chapter?

If monsters and Geralt are not balance correct, it would be bad.Must consider the whole picture. It seems simple, but not really. You want a good "intelligent" fight. but what the hell. :sleep:
Oooo .. I might take a look later.Right now, I've got a bit of grinding to do .. need 1 more level, then going to try to kill the head hunter.
They are immortal tags. Never happen. Ther is hard, then there is fun hard. But I do aplaude your efforts. Got to start somewhere. ;)
[Ozzrel in I ACT won't kill you instantly (he stans after 6 full comboses), /quote]In boss_att.luc he has a .16 chance to give your normal Geralt an knockdown, then feed on you for a certain amount of damage.balance is fun to achieve. :-\

Man..?I was trying - never said I didn't.I've killed all the bosses on this mod - so it is possible. I've sad - it harder.I have completed hard without this mod - it is harder now - but you can still win.If you can't... : make all your potions albedo : find your own complementary set.Kill'em all. :)If you don't like it... delete it. :(All I can say : the abilities of your opponents are writen in one line - if you change it for characters, lets say : fasttype, you'll change it for all of them. It's a hardest i'd made without imposiibility of killing Ozzrel, this Crab (I've got polish version, there's - Kościej), and escaping Queen of Kikimoras (????). Have a try.

Xerxes712 said:
If monsters and Geralt are not balance correct, it would be bad.Must consider the whole picture. It seems simple, but not really. You want a good "intelligent" fight. but what the hell. :sleep:
They are immortal tags. Never happen. Ther is hard, then there is fun hard. But I do aplaude your efforts. Got to start somewhere. ;)
[Ozzrel in I ACT won't kill you instantly (he stans after 6 full comboses), /quote]In boss_att.luc he has a .16 chance to give your normal Geralt an knockdown, then feed on you for a certain amount of damage.balance is fun to achieve. :-\
Owww.... he is FASTER now. :)

Sorry, I meant I like your mod! I was a bit intoxicated when I posted that... ;DIt is pretty decent good for getting something out the door that is doable to win the game still.Gosh knows it was that gut rot beer I drank...sometimes I do not make the most sense. Sorry if I sounded critical. :beer:It may be nice to add changes to specific monsters. That can be done. So a Global increase in monster strength will not let on uber monster ruin the increase. Each Boss monster and regular monsters (literally every last individual one) can be changed inside the .luc and .utc files. Your mod can be a basis to build upon even more detail specific monsters or bosses. ;)

On the mission with Vesna you have to be on the place with barghests faster than she is - near the candle platforms, an that sort of stuff. It's surely doable- i've made it in the first try. If you stil encounter difficulty : fight near her, try to kill your barghests, and when she's being attacked use Aard on barghest tha's atacking her.Have patience.

Tlazolteotl said:
I can't keep Vesna alive the "proper" way. LOLResorted to waiting till dawn.
Well, this was genuinely hard on hard already. I found keeping her alive to be very difficult. All came down to a bit of luck, absolutely perfect timing on my part, and good positioning. With her wasn't easy either as she loved to run head first into 5 barghests asap once they popped farther away.

tracido said:
tracido said:
Well, this was genuinely hard on hard already. I found keeping her alive to be very difficult. All came down to a bit of luck, absolutely perfect timing on my part, and good positioning. With her wasn't easy either as she loved to run head first into 5 barghests asap once they popped farther away.
Is there a way to give Vesna more vitality points?

Planewalker said:
Planewalker said:
Planewalker said:
Is there a way to give Vesna more vitality points?
PlanewalkerYes, I think I saw her stats Vesna and all in the npc_att.luc file. That is what I mean some things may need a tweaky if you do a global hard level increase. Did you all do this yet? I think you can give the fist fighters in the Inn more too.Edit:After a look, I cannot find her, according to the nude cards and stuff, is her name actually Rita or something??Edit: In the game scripts her name is Rita_Hood. She also carries a dagger. Quest q1011_ritapercEdit: Ah, here it is found it. it is inside npc_abl.luc her name is Act1Rita. Change her base vitiality , or whatever dodge inside here.
DefAbility({Name = "Akt1Rita", AttrsMod = {PointMax = {VP_Mod = 150}, Attack_Mod = 70, Defence = {Dodge_Mod = 30, Parry_Mult = 0}, EffectImmunity = {PreciseHit = 3, Disarm = 1, Fear = 1, CharmHostile = 1, ShieldBreak = 1}, EffectResistance = {Pain_Mod = -20, Burn_Mod = -20, Stun_Mod = -20}}})
VP_Mod = 150 to something else. What do you think? I have not played that part yet. Maybe faster Dodge_Mod= 30 to higher number since she is so fast into bed? :D

You know what..? What you're doing is not modding - it's cheating :)Really, why do change stats of a person (NPC) that YOU should protect - I've said i did it with the mod - and of course without it on hard.It's doable without any cheating - you just got to be faster in the place than she is - chapels and other places - be prepared.[size=10pt] Don't you have something like an idea in the back of your mind :I havent really done this. [/size]

Xerxes712 said:
PlanewalkerYes, I think I saw her stats Vesna and all in the npc_att.luc file. That is what I mean some things may need a tweaky if you do a global hard level increase. Did you all do this yet? I think you can give the fist fighters in the Inn more too.Edit:After a look, I cannot find her, according to the nude cards and stuff, is her name actually Rita or something??Edit: In the game scripts her name is Rita_Hood. She also carries a dagger. Quest q1011_ritapercEdit: Ah, here it is found it. it is inside npc_abl.luc her name is Act1Rita. Change her base vitiality , or whatever dodge inside here.
DefAbility({Name = "Akt1Rita", AttrsMod = {PointMax = {VP_Mod = 150}, Attack_Mod = 70, Defence = {Dodge_Mod = 30, Parry_Mult = 0}, EffectImmunity = {PreciseHit = 3, Disarm = 1, Fear = 1, CharmHostile = 1, ShieldBreak = 1}, EffectResistance = {Pain_Mod = -20, Burn_Mod = -20, Stun_Mod = -20}}})
VP_Mod = 150 to something else. What do you think? I have not played that part yet. Maybe faster Dodge_Mod= 30 to higher number since she is so fast into bed? :D
Thanks for the tip! So far I've been playing with some monster stats in the "monster_abl.luc" file, toughening up drowners with a bit more VP to make group fights with them a tad more interesting. ;) I've also improved the VP of several bosses to lenghten the combat. I'm currently looking into the "potion_abl.luc" file. I'll tweak the secondary ingredient effects a little so that rubedo gives 2 VP/s over a longer period of time (makes sense when you receive very small amounts of damage over a longer period of time, eg. in the swamps -- it's perfect with Bindweed) and that albedo has a very short duration (just enough to drink a second potion), because the toxicity reduction bonus is just too powerful when applied to a whole series of potions.@Orkisz:Making Vesna tougher is not cheating, since the fights are being made more difficult. Vesna was already too weak in the original version. Remember, the game has to be fun and balanced, not frustrating.

Mod's fun, but a couple of criticisms ..The change to the camera kicks in when I meditate in OTS mode .. I have to switch views twice to fix it.Since I don't use high isometric, I removed that file.Global changes seem to affect Geralt, too .. which is cool, I mean everyone run fast is fair .. but, it also seems like Geralt has more vitality & endurance.Not that it isn't handy while playing, just saying it was probably unintentional?

HeyAbout the camera - havent made any other changes than making it a little bit farther - i've just changed stats MaxDesiredDist from 1.8 to 3.8.So problems of the camera switching is not mine... and I havent encountered it. And I didn't make changes to isometric one, but to TPP. :)About Vesna - if something is doable - without modding it to be easier ... than... any way - DIY - as you know this kind of modding is "do it yourself"And in this mod of mine - you are faster too, remeber ? Any way - I do understand idea of BALANCE :) - it's your choice what you'll do:I just want to say - i did this mod also to increase strategy point of the game. F5 at the beggining of a mission an GO. Hmm the lever of HP & EP might be an effect of chanching table of skill points per level - I've changed it cause I thought that we all are increasing fight abilities at the beggining. Hmmm .. what now???

Hmm, ok ... well, I found that having more endurance = easier (than standard hard mode).Maybe because I have a habit of putting most of my talents into magic, and drinking a million Tawny potions.I like the running speed. It's fun!But .. there were a couple of triggers I managed to run over without setting off ..

Top Bottom