Most broken weapons in CP: what should get balanced first.

+
Alright. But this is the point of RPGs to try and max your char out so that you can deal with the increasingly challenging environment. The game is taking this away by forcing players to purposefully gimp their character progress to get balanced gameplay.

In other words, you should be thinking "Wow! I got the X item! I can't wait to see if I can deal with the Y enemy now!" Instead, you get a broken mess where you're all like "I got 354% crit chance already, and nothing makes sense anymore..."
I'd rather they have it this way, than bullet sponges like Division, just my opinion.

The underwater perks and consumables? The dmg types that do nothing? The perks that do nothing? The armor that does nothing? The mods that do nothing?

And then the 300% crit chances? The quickhack godmode? The oneshot godmode?
- Underwater perks? its one, phantom kommando, and its usable in one quest
- consumables? well i also dont use them, at last i dont use them after i reached a certain level
- damage types that do nothing? you mean shock, thermal, poison? well they do something... if you didnt notice it, maybe you should play the game.
- armor that dose nothing? wth did you play that you dont feal a difference if you have 0 or 1500 armor?
- quickhack godmode? maybe its my playstyle, but i only use systemshutdown on psychos and optic malefunktion on the rest, i kinda dont wanna kill everyone and play more like a ghost. but yes, legenday short circuit is strong but if you didnt put any skills into wepons, its the only way for netrunner to deal weapon damage, and if you dont use a cyberdeck as a streetsamurai.. well they are useless

but again... bugs or balance problems dont mean the game is broken in such a state, which some people wanna make belive others

and again, start a new game, dont cheat, and show me how you oneshot royce at level 5

Last edited:
Why do people care about balance in a singleplayer RPG, just don't do the cheese build? Play without upgrades?
I want to enjoy every part of the game. If Im forced to dont use them if I want to enjoy it... it just bs balance. Player should become op terminator machine ONLY if he worked hard for it. Right now its like baby game. Look how Borderlands 3 did that, you can still have terminator build, but there still very high lvl of challenge if you want.

ya1

Forum regular
Great. So somebody from CDPR reads this thread and be like yeah we did a great job with the game mechanics. At least half the people don't even mind (or realize) that half the perks and mods aren't working. What's more, the audience seems to like it when you can just press a WIN button and get done with the "gaming challenge." So no need to fix THAT lol!

People seem to fail the realize the game has difficulty sliders that just do not work. "Very hard" turns in to "easy", once you pass level 10 of a skill or stat, which then turns in to "demonstration mode" at level 20.

If you like 1-shotting everything in the game that is fine and dandy, you have an option for that by turning the slider down. For anyone else there is no option. You either do not advance your character in any way shape or form to maintain a challenge, or you play as intended and it turns in to a cakewalk.

The whole point of difficulty options is that the challenge is maintained at the same level throughout the game. This simply does not happen in game and absolutely must be corrected. If the developers do not do it I sure as hell will once I get my hands on some tools to mod the game.

I don't think it needs balancing other than adding more tough enemies.
Where are the mecs/robots? There are like 5...

But Overwatch gives me 100k+ dmg head shots all the time and it's probably 90k more than needed! LOL

To all the people complaining that the enemies would become bullet sponges without min maxing, thats what difficulty settings are for. Is it that bad if Very hard actually made you minmax? How would that affect you? Just play on normal and enjoy the game as you do now.

In this thread, I'd like to discuss the IMO two most broken weapons in CP77. This is hoping that the game will be balanced in the next big patch. IMO the current balance is broken and trivializes the game even on very hard and even without any educated attempts at optimizing a build. Before I start, I'd like to say that many factors contribute to the brokenness of weapons in CP. AI is one of them. Scarcity of strong enemies is another. General brokenness of the game and half-finished state of the game mechanics is also a factor.

Here is my top 2 broken weapons (or weapon categories including bonuses) that should be nerfed asap:

1. RT-46 Burya (or Comrade's Hammer). Tech Revolver piercing cover without charging. As soon as you get high crit chance and a good crit dmg bonus, it one or two shots everything through the wall (Comrade one-shots everything just like that). Absolutely broken. In fact, poor AI makes all tech weapons kinda broken but these two don't even need charging, nor do they have any accuracy penalties to make up for piercing cover.

2. Silenced revolvers (Overture but also Nova, and their iconic cousins). The out-of-combat perks and bonuses to silencers make this a one-shot weapon very early in the game (that on top of - I surmise - broken armor mechanics). Bad AI and trivial stealth mechanics on top of the reflex cybernetics make silenced pistol game play rather banal. Very early in the game, even headshotting stops being a must since 1) crit chance/dmg scaling is broken 2) you can two-shot anything to the body (and very soon even one-shot).

(Also, on the margin, silencers in CP function mostly as dmg multipliers. There is little pratical difference between using a silenced weapon and a non-silenced weapon. More oftern than not, enemies get alarmed either way.)

3. Many people complain about the brokenness of blunt melee weapons but IMO they pale in comparison to these two above. Melee playstyle still requires some active input and dmg tanking or evasion, rushing, etc. The above two are completely brain dead and imo should be first to get balanced. Ofc, quick hacks as well but that's a different topic.

Thx for reading. would love to hear other opinions. Thx!

you should play game more in different styles you will notice even with bare fists you can plough through enemies like little baby in ball pit.
This game is utterly ez even for most casual players. I'm suprised this game is not point and click at this state.

Disagree with what exaclty? With proper balance?

perhaps you should read t he quote I responded to and my previous responses again if you have to ask that question if you still don't understand I cannot help you.
Post automatically merged:

Great. So somebody from CDPR reads this thread and be like yeah we did a great job with the game mechanics. At least half the people don't even mind (or realize) that half the perks and mods aren't working. What's more, the audience seems to like it when you can just press a WIN button and get done with the "gaming challenge." So no need to fix THAT lol!

I personally hope that is exactly what they think.

Last edited:
- Underwater perks? its one, phantom kommando, and its usable in one quest
- consumables? well i also dont use them, at last i dont use them after i reached a certain level
- damage types that do nothing? you mean shock, thermal, poison? well they do something... if you didnt notice it, maybe you should play the game.
- armor that dose nothing? wth did you play that you dont feal a difference if you have 0 or 1500 armor?
- quickhack godmode? maybe its my playstyle, but i only use systemshutdown on psychos and optic malefunktion on the rest, i kinda dont wanna kill everyone and play more like a ghost. but yes, legenday short circuit is strong but if you didnt put any skills into wepons, its the only way for netrunner to deal weapon damage, and if you dont use a cyberdeck as a streetsamurai.. well they are useless

but again... bugs or balance problems dont mean the game is broken in such a state, which some people wanna make belive others

and again, start a new game, dont cheat, and show me how you oneshot royce at level 5

If you've never played a full Netrunner before, I suppose I can see how you don't know about the 'quickhack godmode'. Instead of using any utility, other than Ping because legendary Ping lets you cast through walls at gigantic distances, you use Contagion/Overheat/Short Circuit. Contagion will wipe out most rooms by pinging between enemies while you safely sit in stealth around the corner for the leveling process pre-20 Int. After 20 int when you can make Legendaries, you ping a random device, then just snipe out groups with Short Circuit and Contagion from stealth outside the building. Against bosses you can't kill with the Quickhacks, you smack them with a Short Circuit initially to stun them then unload a Smart Pistol at them. Pistols tend to have a better crit chance and Skippy is great. The fact your hack crits are effected by your crit chance with the weapon, you can typically do one or two bursts from a Smart Pistol and one shot a majority of the content. Of course, you've invested a lot into quickhacks and min-maxed by going smart pistols and focusing on weapons with crit and modding them to have crit as well as taken the time to create your 4 core quick hacks, or at least the main 3 which are Short Circuit, Ping, and Contagion. Contagion because it grants more spread to even itself, which lets it mow down buildings with ease. Ping so walls can't stop you. Short Circuit for Bossing.

Unrelated to the quote, the game just needs more content. The enemies only seem to go as high as the 30's, so once you're level 20 with 1 stat maxed, you're essentially a god because the world itself doesn't scale well. My level 40 quickhacker looks at things and they die. This isn't because quickhacks are OP, it's just that it's scaled around the level system. Higher levels take more RAM, so you focus down on the RAM rate and then... nothing. The enemies don't scale to your level. They're stuck at that level, but you're still getting higher RAM rates, higher damage, higher crit, higher crit damage. You seem OP or 'godmode' because your entire scaling requires the enemies to also scale, but they don't. Most builds are like that though. Stealth builds focus on pure damage and eventually they're one shotting everything and feel 'OP' because they can clear the room even when they're noticed because the enemies are stuck at piss low levels while you're growing still. This applies to every build. Some builds are early bloomers, some are late bloomers. Some take special crafts, some take certain weapons, some just take smashing your face against the Skip Time button to get more crafting supplies to craft the RNGesus weapon. It's not that the game overtunes the players and the weapons, but doesn't have any tuning at all on the enemies. They're hardstuck Bronze while you're in Challenger waiting on the 80 minute queue known as DLC or mods to scale the world to your level so you can feel the challenge again.

Last edited:
You can oneshot everyone with like 95% of the weapons in the game, just stop already.

THIS. GAME. IS. NOT. BORDERLANDS.

In Borderlands you can 1-shot and kill with any weapon. BL3 is the one with the worst balance, even at its highest difficulty. The only difference is that in BL3 it is more progressive and you get to that point from Lv45.

edit:

you can actually kill them 9 times before they hit the ground. xD
🤣

I personally don't see the problem. Ok, you can (and will) kill enemies with one shot, but honestly, that's what would happen in real life too. It's not like someone is gonna survive a good revolver shot in the head, or a swing of a katana through his chest. Plus, if you play on very hard difficulty (which you should) you are basically a glass cannon, so you get one or two-shotted from snipers, shotgunners, and revolver-welding Valentinos quite regularly. This happens even with 2600+ armor, since armor only reduces incoming damage by 1 every 40 points.

As a side note, i'd hate to have bullet-sponges as enemies. Apart from bosses, which SHOULD be bullet-sponges. Expecially the last boss. They really need to buff him, because by the time you face him, you can basically sneeze and he'll get vaporized on the spot.

Difficulty with regular mobs on the other hand should be improved by giving them better ai, not by nerfing the AWESOME, AWESOME thing that is the Comrade's Hammer. That thing is just a joy to use. All those limbs flying everywhere... Sooo much fun.

One thing that they should do is remove silencer from revolvers, even if real silenced revolvers exist those are rather rare!

One thing that they should do is remove silencer from revolvers, even if real silenced revolvers exist those are rather rare!

Hm. Good point! Tecnhincally, in order to silence a revolver, the entire cylinder would need to be in contained housing...that housing would need to be able to channel the gasses the the barrel isn't designed to expel...and then a silencer would need to be built for both the housing and the barrel...

The term "over-engineered" immediately comes to mind.

Last edited:

ya1

Forum regular
I personally don't see the problem. Ok, you can (and will) kill enemies with one shot, but honestly, that's what would happen in real life too. It's not like someone is gonna survive a good revolver shot in the head, or a swing of a katana through his chest. Plus, if you play on very hard difficulty (which you should) you are basically a glass cannon, so you get one or two-shotted from snipers, shotgunners, and revolver-welding Valentinos quite regularly. This happens even with 2600+ armor, since armor only reduces incoming damage by 1 every 40 points.

Because this game is not a CoD. It's a looter shooter. You got rpg elements, character development, items with complex (often fake but still...) stats, player bonuses, perks, etc. It all basically boils down to getting more dmg. And the HUGE PROBLEM with CP77 is that from lvl 20 you don't need that dmg. There is no reason for you to level up. There are no enemies that would require that (sure, you can clear very hard content when underleveled but then what will be left to do when you hit lvl 40? Also, the exp/cred math is also broken af). The whole looter-shooter rpg system breaks down because of broken balance.

A game where god mode is default mode... sorry but that is not good game design.

Top Bottom