Most broken weapons in CP: what should get balanced first.

+
In Skyrim i can limit myself easily to make the gameplay fun - there are few unbalanced elements, like crafting. I just dont level up crafting at all, and the game is quite challenging without it.
Skyrim is better here as it scales to your level. If you don't bump levels with crafting it's not as high with enemies. And you level by using skills and not doing quests so 99% of the game doesn't become grey to you due to to high level.

in every single game eventually when you reach cap you become OP, but that requires all the best gear, level and skill cap and probably some broken build. Here you can be op literally with level 20-30 out of 50, and that without half of perks, mods, attribute bonus working. So there is huge difference.

in every single game eventually when you reach cap you become OP, but that requires all the best gear, level and skill cap and probably some broken build. Here you can be op literally with level 20-30 out of 50, and that without half of perks, mods, attribute bonus working. So there is huge difference.

Try level 10. All you need is 16 points in reflex, a Katana and a Sandevistan. You'll just cut through everything with ease on Very Hard because you move faster than bullets.

They aren't going to balance the game because the people who are bad at video games will complain

You cant say that everyone who complains is "bad" at video games. Some simply "don't like challenge or difficulty" .
Post automatically merged:

But if the game was balanced you could just pick a different difficulty and be OP that way. Thats why games have difficulty settings you know.

Good in theory but I have played games where they have "balanced" stuff and it affects the " was" level as well because the balance was on the item not the difficulty level so you can say it was still "easy level" but not "as easy" as it was before.

But if the game was balanced you could just pick a different difficulty and be OP that way. Thats why games have difficulty settings you know.

And what is your idea of "balance"? You shoot rubber bullets while enemy oneshots you from across the map? You are supposed to be a cybernetically enhanced merc, essentially a super-soldier.

You cant say that everyone who complains is "bad" at video games. Some simply "don't like challenge or difficulty" .

Good in theory but I have played games where they have "balanced" stuff and it affects the " was" level as well because the balance was on the item not the difficulty level so you can say it was still "easy level" but not "as easy" as it was before.
Ok and people who don't like challenge or difficulty are bad at games.

And what is your idea of "balance"? You shoot rubber bullets while enemy oneshots you from across the map?
Where did he say that's balanced.

And what is your idea of "balance"? You shoot rubber bullets while enemy oneshots you from across the map? You are supposed to be a cybernetically enhanced merc, essentially a super-soldier.
No, thats unbalanced as well just on the other extreme. I consider a game balanced if the higher difficulty makes you use every system available. Also no focused build should be more powerfull then another, BUT if you are a jack of all trades you should be punished.

Also EVERYONE in this world is cybernetically enhanced, some more then others but you are not the only one. Should you feel OP by the end game, yes. Should you be one shotting everything by level 15 , sorry but no, at least not on Very Hard difficulty.

No, thats unbalanced as well just on the other extreme. I consider a game balanced if the higher difficulty makes you use every system available. Also no focused build should be more powerfull then another, BUT if you are a jack of all trades you should be punished.

Also EVERYONE in this world is cybernetically enhanced, some more then others but you are not the only one. Should you feel OP by the end game, yes. Should you be one shotting everything by level 15 , sorry but no, at least not on Very Hard difficulty.

Most Cyberware is garbage-tier or replacement-tier that isn't designed to enchance you at all. The stuff you're slotting is military-grade from the get-go and goes up to prototype Corp-level.

In the very first mission after the time-skip you are killing enemies with 2 headshots with a semi-auto pistol. So extrapolate from that, how should slower rate of fire guns behave? Do same damage? What would be the point of them then?

To be honest, with so many other features being half-assed or missing... balancing weapons, perks and mechanics should, in general, be the last on the to-do list, IMHO.

But I stress that I'm talking about balancing only.

Most Cyberware is garbage-tier or replacement-tier that isn't designed to enchance you at all. The stuff you're slotting is military-grade from the get-go and goes up to prototype Corp-level.

In the very first mission after the time-skip you are killing enemies with 2 headshots with a semi-auto pistol. So extrapolate from that, how should slower rate of fire guns behave? Do same damage? What would be the point of them then?
Play more video games. Other shooters let you one hit kill enemies and they're still more challenging than this.

In this thread, I'd like to discuss the IMO two most broken weapons in CP77. This is hoping that the game will be balanced in the next big patch. IMO the current balance is broken and trivializes the game even on very hard and even without any educated attempts at optimizing a build. Before I start, I'd like to say that many factors contribute to the brokenness of weapons in CP. AI is one of them. Scarcity of strong enemies is another. General brokenness of the game and half-finished state of the game mechanics is also a factor.

Here is my top 2 broken weapons (or weapon categories including bonuses) that should be nerfed asap:

1. RT-46 Burya (or Comrade's Hammer). Tech Revolver piercing cover without charging. As soon as you get high crit chance and a good crit dmg bonus, it one or two shots everything through the wall (Comrade one-shots everything just like that). Absolutely broken. In fact, poor AI makes all tech weapons kinda broken but these two don't even need charging, nor do they have any accuracy penalties to make up for piercing cover.

2. Silenced revolvers (Overture but also Nova, and their iconic cousins). The out-of-combat perks and bonuses to silencers make this a one-shot weapon very early in the game (that on top of - I surmise - broken armor mechanics). Bad AI and trivial stealth mechanics on top of the reflex cybernetics make silenced pistol game play rather banal. Very early in the game, even headshotting stops being a must since 1) crit chance/dmg scaling is broken 2) you can two-shot anything to the body (and very soon even one-shot).

(Also, on the margin, silencers in CP function mostly as dmg multipliers. There is little pratical difference between using a silenced weapon and a non-silenced weapon. More oftern than not, enemies get alarmed either way.)

3. Many people complain about the brokenness of blunt melee weapons but IMO they pale in comparison to these two above. Melee playstyle still requires some active input and dmg tanking or evasion, rushing, etc. The above two are completely brain dead and imo should be first to get balanced. Ofc, quick hacks as well but that's a different topic.

Thx for reading. would love to hear other opinions. Thx!

If you think that's broken, wait until you try a quickhack build. Legendary ping lets you see and quickhack targets through walls/floors, even multiple layers. With the right perks and cyberdeck you can get massive damage on contagion and it will jump through a ton of enemies. You can literally clear entire facilities in less than 10 seconds with 1-2 casts of contagion without ever being in danger, especially if you first upload the vulnerability daemon with breach protocol.

This argument is as common as it is wrong. SP games need balance to provide quality game play just like MP games. Especially the games that aspire for the "RPG" tag. CP77 is broken easy even on the hardest difficulty.

In fact, the whole system is out of whack. It needs to be balanced. On very hard, enemies also deal ridiculous dmg on most levels. The whole game is a glass cannon galore. So it promotes play styles focused mitigating dmg such stealth or cover/tech/hack. And these are just pathetically banal.

There's a difference between balance and "I don't like the way this weapon works, change it around my views of what balance means to me."

So you one shot a bunch of mobs, who cares. I can do that in Fallout 4 with the proper sniper rifles, mass effect with the proper biotics, Skyrim with the proper bow, shall I go on?

You want the game to be harder, I get that and I appreciate that, especially on Extra Hard. But I don't want all my unnamed grey level mobs to be bullet sponges either where a shot to the head, doesn't kill someone, especially when they're not wearing a helmet. A high caliber (read revolver) bullet to a cranium should and will kill someone. Sure I can see some of your targets being harder to one shot, but they have cyberwear and helmets to do that.

That's the problem. The problem isn't that the weapons do too much damage, they do exactly the right amount, it's that milisec and arasaka high level targets don't get bonuses to armor or armor doesn't work.

The game needs level scaled mobs.

The reason why you are so powerful is because you out level them all super early.

New game plus is needed and mobs need to go to level 55

i dont get it guys...
if pistol where shit.. people would complain
if shotguns where shit... people would complain...

you build your char to be a legend in the mercernary fiction of the cyberpunk world
now you can use whatever weapons you whant.. and you would be fine...

also... yes you can headshot someone with one bullet... but guess what, if other are on aleart and spoted you..
it still can get fast very ugly for you...

also... to be honest...
when you fight Royce for the 1st time.. without anykind of cheats, dont tell me you oneshot him
a headshot with the weapons i had did like 200 damage... like 20 damage on his torso..
which was almost nothing
and he dodged with his shiel, and almost oneshots you with his beamweapon

there where a lot of people complaining how hard it is to earn money or getting components
i also did every mission and picked up all the junk, and its not enouth.

iam not saying everyone is cheating
but honestly...
you dont have tons of componet to upgrade, you dont make millions, unless you cheat or it takes you forever to do the crafing stuff. which honestly you have to skill

when i did start cheating money and componets on my 2nd playthrou
i did kinda spend 50.000.000 or more eddies on buying stuff upgading weapons.
dont wanna know how many componets i did cheat.. but it where a lot

and you guys wanna know what, that makes the game realy easy, but a granade or other explosives still gonna kill you
also if you simply run in and wanna kill stuff with you guns, enemys with shotguns also gonna kill you very fast

also people are complaining about how good hacking is...
as if most people would have put all points on INT.
ok you need a last 12 point INT, take data mining chance for legendary program, which would take you a lot of reloads and a lucky roll to get short cuircit (which realy is to powerfull on its passive)

most players know that because some players realy dig deep into the game, and try to find the best builds
nothing wrong here...
but dont complain if the game gets to easy then

where are all the legendary armors or wepons? did you find them yourself, or did you google them?

and i still call BS if people say the main story is to short...
only 20% on steam or GOG did even finish the game.... and only 7% did see the spacestation ending

boohuu... why do we have to cheat our way into Vs high quality house.. the game is incomplete...
BS.. its part of one of the endings

Last edited:
Top Bottom