Movies / TV Shows!

+
Book of Boba Fett.
It's alright, my opinion of it varies between episodes. Huge improvement when R. Rodriguez wasn't in the director's chair.
Just finished it today, the last two episodes were dire! Really hope that Disney can sort it out.

Also been rewatching the Sherlock series which is still fantastic

So, I've recently finished Moon Knight, and I'm very surprised that the show isn't discussed by more people.
It has a very interesting premise and setting, captivating story, as well as some solid action sequences. CGI and overall effects are also pretty nice. But what I liked the most are characters, who are brought to life with the help of amazing acting by pretty much everyone - and especially Oscar Isaac. Damn, this guy really carries hard, he can convincingly act like different personalities with practically no changes in appearance, simply by mimics, voice and posture.
What I also liked, is that despite being a Marvel show, it barely feels like one - as in it doesn't require you to watch 50+ previous movies and shows, as well as it doesn't try establish 50+ more. Instead it's just a character focused, self-contained story - that for some reason reminded me of Indiana Jones.
Overall, a very well made show, with nice direction, acting, writing - and pretty much everything else.

Attachments

• ezgif-3-ff1143d105.gif
    ezgif-3-ff1143d105.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I'm watching the six original Lone Wolf & Cub "babycart" movies. Red house paint everywhere! Tomisaburo Wakayama's sword choreography is (y)

I've just watched The Secrets of Dumbledore... I almost can't believe they finally talked about the fact both he and Grindelwald had plans for world domination, and the story with his sister. The best thing without a doubt was Mikkelsen's Grindelwald

They cancelled Raised By Wolves. The best Sci-Fi, no, best show ever and the most creative and bold show out there. Sol will punish the unbelievers who did this...

Star Trek: Discovery

Took a while to get going, but i dig it.

Can you dig it?
They say Strange New Worlds is better than Discovery and Picard, but I haven't checked it out yet. Discovery ended for me when they ditched Jason Isaacs, beardy Spock and Philippa Georgiou, those three characters were what kept me watching

They say Strange New Worlds is better than Discovery and Picard, but I haven't checked it out yet. Discovery ended for me when they ditched Jason Isaacs, beardy Spock and Philippa Georgiou, those three characters were what kept me watching
I haven't checked it yet either (will be waiting for physical release). Picard was a bit hit n miss for me. Have not been reading good things about season 2 at all.

I will continue to watch Discovery & anything in the future that has Lt. Detmer in it.

I saw the last two episodes of Season 4 of Stranger Things tonight. The delayed finish to the season is getting great reviews, but I thought that the final two episodes were just re-hashes of the same stuff for the first 3 seasons. Without spoiling anything: Eleven pulls a "professional wrestling" move and becomes a superhero after a beatdown; people die but not really, maybe, stay tuned; teenage romantic angst; well-meaning but inexplicably still naive kids do stupid stuff that by now they realize will get them killed, but do it any way, and against all probability, including their own, somehow don't get killed. Adults do even stupider stuff. It was really entertaining, but nothing that they haven't been doing for the first 3.5 seasons. Maybe the peanut butter smuggler should get his own spin off series.

So, I found it to be a disappointing end to the season, after a month of build up. Hoping for something new in Season 5.

Westworld started so perfectly... but now is such a pointless aimless show after S1. 4 seasons of this and they cancel Raised by Wolves, a show that had a very clear direction and was getting very close to the reveal of the mystery of Kepler/Sol :disapprove:

Westworld started so perfectly... but now is such a pointless aimless show after S1. 4 seasons of this and they cancel Raised by Wolves, a show that had a very clear direction and was getting very close to the reveal of the mystery of Kepler/Sol :disapprove:
I enjoyed season 1. By the end of season 2, I was clueless as what the story was supposed to be. I gave up somewhere in season 3.

I enjoyed season 1. By the end of season 2, I was clueless as what the story was supposed to be. I gave up somewhere in season 3.

Heh, I'm about half way through season 3.

My head hurts.
When I saw S1, it was my favourite show. It was perfection. But from S2 onwards it feels like a completely different show, and the brilliance of S1 is gone.

Why the f did they have to cancel RBW and let much lesser shows live, goddammit :mad:

Top Bottom