Movies / TV Shows!

+
Back to the Daenerys, I think it was completely intentional. She reject ser Barristan words of wisdom and he gives her this scared look, like he was afraid that she follow in her father footsteps. Then she cruci... signify the masters, while ominous music is playing. It's not supposed to look heroic or badass, it just show us that she's becoming more self righteous and pride thanks to the people treating her like a goddess and a savior. She really believes that she's bringing justice to this lands and can't be wrong at anything. In other words, she's really see everything in black and white, which ultimately may lead to her doom.

Yup, felt the same. Personally the "justice with injustice" line isn't something that I found bad or terrible acting on Clarke's side, but it's something that I expected Dany to say which shows how emotionally stubborn and ignorant she really is. Even in the books I was shaking my head with how she acted and said while in Meereen, and as you stated with her being seen as a savior to the slaves has really gotten to her head and is portrayed quite well.

Still, Dany and the events that take place on her side is the least interesting thing that I am interested in, and her being an obvious fan favorite is getting annoying since the show writers seem to insist to include her in almost every episode.

Watched that Captain America: Winter Wonderland with our Gert, she dragged me into the 3d version despite my protests, from what I saw of the blurry fucking mess it was allright. Probably get it again on Blu Ray to see it properly.

Yup, felt the same. Personally the "justice with injustice" line isn't something that I found bad or terrible acting on Clarke's side, but it's something that I expected Dany to say which shows how emotionally stubborn and ignorant she really is. Even in the books I was shaking my head with how she acted and said while in Meereen, and as you stated with her being seen as a savior to the slaves has really gotten to her head and is portrayed quite well.

Still, Dany and the events that take place on her side is the least interesting thing that I am interested in, and her being an obvious fan favorite is getting annoying since the show writers seem to insist to include her in almost every episode.

Well, her father also started out as a kind and charismatic monarch loved by all, but ended up burning people and alienating the entire realm. I would love to see they make the same with Dany, from a breaker of chains to a nightmarish conqueror on a power trip burning the entire cities. That would be some character development! :) But I doubt either Martin or TV Show creators will go that far.

Watched that Captain America: Winter Wonderland with our Gert, she dragged me into the 3d version despite my protests, from what I saw of the blurry fucking mess it was allright. Probably get it again on Blu Ray to see it properly.

You had a couple of drinks beforehand then? Not the most Ideal way to see a movie! :harhar::wine::cheers2:

I hear 3D is dying out anyway, so hopefully, they'll get rid of all that. I'm fortunate in that my local cinema can't afford 3D screens, so no paying extra for those stupid glasses!
Really? This is joyous news! Do you have some article about it?

I'm not absolutely against 3d. It's just that there are nearly no movies that justify using it. Gravity and 3d were practically made for one another. Besides that? Most movies are just trying to suck us dry. For the life of me, I don't understand what was 3d's contribution to, say, The Hobbit.

Really? This is joyous news! Do you have some article about it?

I'm not absolutely against 3d. It's just that there are nearly no movies that justify using it. Gravity and 3d were practically made for one another. Besides that? Most movies are just trying to suck us dry. For the life of me, I don't understand what was 3d's contribution to, say, The Hobbit.

"3D dying" gets 20.9 million hits on Google. One of the better recent articles is Jon Negroni: Why 3D Movies Are Dying A Pretty Fast Death

It's not exactly folding its tent and silently stealing away. 41 films in 2012, 35 in 2013, 28 expected in 2014.

If it were actually saved for elevated movies of great beauty, filmed with the express intent of using the technology in its place within the complete work of art, projected only under ideal conditions in theatres made for the purpose, a few 3D movies in a year would be a wonderful thing.

But if it continues in its current form, "bad movies trying to gouge more money from a waning audience", it should be killed, have its head cut off, and be staked into a coffin lined with steel shrapnel, the way the old-timers made sure that vampires didn't come back.

Last edited:
I watched Hachiko for the third time on TV....and I cried like a child...again... for the third time. Damn. ;_;

Seems to be a recurring theme in Vikings.

Character X starts behaving differently, suspicious/not trustworthy/hostile to Ragnar, turns out he was always on Ragnar's side towards the end.

I'll admit to being fooled, but the majority of the show felt like the writing and acting had suddenly gone to crap. The twist was worth it. I'm surprised at how ruthless Ragnar was to the family, he had nothing to gain by the slaughter. Porrun and Bjorn's fight was silly. Bjorn is twice her size, he would have broken her jaw. The actress in that part is pretty bland. Found this gem:

http://starrose17.tumblr.com/post/84487203164/vikings-cut-scene-episode-10-ragnar-finally

Last edited:
This is the middle ages, where entire noble families were butchered to prevent a son or daughter posing a threat.

You're right about that I suppose. If Lagertha can become an earl, then all of Horik's daughters must die. I re-watched the episode on a different site; History channel has a shit video player. Rangar is a maniac in the end. Very convincing, psychopathic even. All the cloak and dagger shit before that, not so much.

I thought the Vikings finale dragged a bit here and there, but they still pulled it together. Ragnar head-butting Horik to death, lol. I did suspect that Floki was a plant and not actually betraying Ragnar. Wasn't sure about Siggy but when she places an axe where Rollo can reach it, that's a pretty good clue. I was hoping we'd find out that Horik was responsible for her sons' death as some kind of power play. That's still a loose end.

How would you guys feel if they changed Dany's actress midway? kinda like a timeskip thing where they find a look a like that looks a bit older

I'm tired of Dany being short and childlike every time I see her
Dany is supposed to be waifish, isn't she? I don't think the actress is bad or her scenes are bad, though they make her sound too tough. But Dany is a teenage girl who was raised by Illyrio Mopatis and Viserys, and is supposed to be annoying. Just wait til she starts fawning over
Daario

Top Bottom