New Anti-Aliasing options are blurry.

+
Didn't try DLSS because my card doesn't support it but all other ones are blurry (apart from FXAA which doesn't fix aliasing), FSR2 looks really bad, all textures are muddy, best one is TAAU, but problem is moving object are really blury (rain drops, moving foliage, etc), just look at screenshots i captured, without AA there are raindrops on the screen, when i turn on TAAU raindrops are almost gone, but not only that, textures are more more blurry also, take a look at dead knight armor on the right, Geralts armor and terrain.

Edit: This picture (stolen from reddit) shows better how blurry TAA is when character is moving: https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODI5

Attachments

• AA-off.png
    AA-off.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,157
  • TAAU.png
    TAAU.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,143
Last edited:
You could try enabling Radeon Sharpness (it is in Radeon settings) and setting it to 100. I seems that on FSR2 they removed sharpening effect and you can not activate it in game also.

My eyes hurt from this blur. So with my 1650GTX, I have to turn off anti-aliasing to stop bleeding them.

I also hate aliasing, but they should have implemented some other method which doesn't cause blurring, like MSAA.

This picture (which i stole from reddit), shows what a mess TAA is when character is moving.

The right version is oversharpened, the left is too blurry. None of them look good to me. TAA is the future, IMO, the best solution for AA, very cost effective, and it looks great. But it always needs to be accompanied with a sharpening solution. I think CDPR messed up here. Even Bethesda did TAA right, so there's still hope, LOL...

I'm just glad i will not play this game sooner than February/March. Starting with The Witcher 1 next week, my second playthrough of the trilogy as a whole. :)

The right version is oversharpened, the left is too blurry. None of them look good to me. TAA is the future, IMO, the best solution for AA, very cost effective, and it looks great. But it always needs to be accompanied with a sharpening solution. I think CDPR messed up here. Even Bethesda did TAA right, so there's still hope, LOL...

I'm just glad i will not play this game sooner than February/March. Starting with The Witcher 1 next week, my second playthrough of the trilogy as a whole. :)
No, in both versions sharpening is off, resolution is 1080p, right version seems oversharpened because antialiasing is off, left is TAAU.

CDPR messed with TAAU implementation, it's still somewhat good when you are static, but as soon as you start moving it becomes blurry mess.

Didn't try DLSS because my card doesn't support it but all other ones are blurry (apart from FXAA which doesn't fix aliasing), FSR2 looks really bad, all textures are muddy, best one is TAAU, but problem is moving object are really blury (rain drops, moving foliage, etc), just look at screenshots i captured, without AA there are raindrops on the screen, when i turn on TAAU raindrops are almost gone, but not only that, textures are more more blurry also, take a look at dead knight armor on the right, Geralts armor and terrain.

Edit: This picture (stolen from reddit) shows better how blurry TAA is when character is moving: https://imgsli.com/MTM5ODI5
I miss the old days when we had MSAA, SSAA that did not make a blurry mess out of games. Crysis 3, Deux Ex Human Revolution comes to mind. Such crisp looking games. Now we have a blurry mess in most games.
Its like we need glasses.
Gothic 2 and Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines with mods and high resolution look so crisp and comforting to the eyes compared to the mediocre blurry rubbish we are feed now-days.
They say almost real time graphics. But real time graphics is not blurry. Its clear. :ROFLMAO:

I can confirm that. TAAU or DLSS looks blurry. But with TAAU the rain is almost gone.
(i have screenshots for comparison from the old and next gen version)

Still the case with 4.04 at least at 1080p and it's more noticeable with the far default camera for some reason

Last edited:
I'm on 4.04a and this is still an issue. With FSR 2 ON the rain is barely visible, turn anti-aliasing off and the rain becomes much more clear, it actually looks like it's raining heavy and not just a few drops like with FSR 2 turned on.

SMAA with Reshade works a little better than the ingame AA, at least in the pre-NG version (I use DLSS now).

Top Bottom