New Game+ is coming it seems

+
The randomly won cards are also part of the collect them all quest.

They are all part of quests, which is why you can't keep them.

You're not losing your collection, you can always load your current game and get them back and play GWent. If you start a new game now, you won't have gwent cards, when I started my DM 2nd playthrough, I had to recollect the gwent cards if I wanted to play gwent. There is no difference here, it's a new game.

It's a new game but it's your same old Geralt.
He still has his swords and armour that he found. He still has his knowledge of recipes and decoctions that he learned. He still has his elixirs that he made. He still has his hair that he grew.

Where are the Gwent cards he collected?!

It's a new game but it's your same old Geralt.
He still has his swords and armour that he found. He still has his knowledge of recipes and decoctions that he learned. He still has his elixirs that he made. He still has his hair that he grew.

Where are the Gwent cards he collected?!

Where is his eye of Nehaleni? Where is his Ghost Lamp? Oh right, quest items, just like his gwent cards.

All the gwent fanatics crying about their lost decks in NG+ ... you should consider that gwent is just 3% of the entire game, but you sound like you play witcher 3 only for gwent. Maybe you should just browse the internet for a real card game?

What's this I'm seeing about Gwent cards not carrying over!?

Do you know what NG+ means CDPR!?
Why do all that work then screw us over when it comes down to it?
I don't even want to play NG+ if the cards don't carry over, you can keep it.

Last edited:
Where is his eye of Nehaleni? Where is his Ghost Lamp? Oh right, quest items, just like his gwent cards.

Oh I'm sorry, could you please point us to the merchant that sells the Eye and the Lamp, like they do Gwent cards? No?

There is a difference between 'required for a quest' and 'obtained via a quest' Magnar.

Last edited:
OMFG ! You can please all ppl afterall .

In fact I wish CDPR do as they stated and keep their view and if they will not let us keep quest items and gwent cards fine by me it is logical afterall.My only wish is to increase consistantly the difficulty and see more variety of monsters and bandits in the open world so...... Pls , pls , pls , pls CDPR boost the number variety and difficulty of monsters , bandits and wild animals .

CDPR, I'm begging you not to forget about armor and weapons for New Game+ and to pay special attention to witcher sets! They must: a) have better characteristics; b) look differently; c) require a higher level. Otherwise there will be no interest in hunting treasures what will take a large chunk away from the game...

I must admit the "agruments" why Gwent cards should not carry over are pretty amusing...

1.)You can collect them all again.
Well... no shit Sherlock... that applies to everything, your XP, gear, designs etc... is that supposed to be an argument not to have NG+ at all?

2.)It breaks the balance of Gwent.
Well yes it makes some of the early games easier... but I still haven't seen a reason why this is a problem in NG+. If they were so concerned about maintaining balance, they could just buff the decks of the early quest NPCs. And if you have your Gwent cards already, you don't even have to bother with the early opponents at all...
And I dare say having delayed recovery+ superior white raffards from the get go is a greater threat for the games overall balance than a complete Gwent deck.

3.)It breaks Quests
No it doesn't... since Gwent cards are only quest rewards and never Quest items... having those items already has no impact on any quest.
Regarding "Collect 'em all"... yes this quest autocompletes immediately, if cards carried over... so what? The quest gives you absolutely nothing... it's a mere indicator that you now have all cards (well and probably the trigger for the achievement), if we had a better method to check which cards we (still) need, no one would need this quest.

If the cards do not carry over... so be it... tough luck, but don't pretend there is a sound reason for this, especially if any other collectible does carry over.

Last edited:
The top comment on this story on every social media page is along the lines of:
I want to keep my Gwent cards.

The fans have spoken CDPR.

Don't screw over the NG+ feature out of laziness.

CDPR, I'm begging you not to forget about armor and weapons for New Game+ and to pay special attention to witcher sets! They must: a) have better characteristics; b) look differently; c) require a higher level. Otherwise there will be no interest in hunting treasures what will take a large chunk away from the game...

Thing is,how higher - level wise? A hell of a lot of people find this game to easy. If you scale the witcher gear even higher, or too high, we're back at square one again. I'm all for different looks and maybe gear hunts. I would like paint and dye added so we can change our looks. But as I said: Having witcher sets too high is not a great idea if it's going to make the game easy all over again. :)

About witcher sets.
If you scroll bit earlier you will see all 4 schools will scale. My guess it's you gonna find legendary wolf, feline, ursine and griffon sets on same places where normal are. Last 8th tier is level 59. 5th tier is 39.

My guess is 39, 45, 52 and 59.

It's logical since sets would become obsolete. My only wish is that wolven starting set should be moved from K.Morhen both from new game and from NG+ since you cannot wear it till the very end of the game. And since all other sets gets upgrade in 1.0.7 it logical solution to put that gear in Velen/Novigrad/Skellige.

Keep it up CDPR. If I only have more time

What's the point of playing Gwent if you have all the cards?

This is what I've been thinking.

I love Gwent, but if I started with a full pack, then it would only be challenging if my opponents also have a full pack. And if the only thing you could do in the game is play against others with similar decks, with no collecting and no quests, I'd rather it was just a stand-alone game.

You may be able to scale enemies up, but scaling up Gwent to make it challenging in NG+ would be a LOT more work.

Keep the Gwent cards, BUT make all opponents smarter. I'm talking Skynet crossed with Shodan shit. Make us all cry in pain and agony every single match.

This is what I've been thinking.

I love Gwent, but if I started with a full pack, then it would only be challenging if my opponents also have a full pack. And if the only thing you could do in the game is play against others with similar decks, with no collecting and no quests, I'd rather it was just a stand-alone game.

You may be able to scale enemies up, but scaling up Gwent to make it challenging in NG+ would be a LOT more work.

Yeah,having a full deck and still making it challenging probably won't be easy. Anyway,I'm sure the expansions will have gwent goodies in mind.

we are gwent legion. We do not lose cards. Yellow eyes white witcher! Raaaawr!

ng+
gwent.
Or.
Riot.

---------- Updated at 10:16 AM ----------

---------- Updated at 10:17 AM ----------

Keep the Gwent cards, BUT make all opponents smarter. I'm talking Skynet crossed with Shodan shit. Make us all cry in pain and agony every single match.

What's the name of the computer that beat Kasparov at Chess? Deep Blue? Let's have that!

If not, I posted some suggestions previously for rebalancing GWENT in NG+. Again for convenience:

If anything, I was expecting NG+ to take this opportunity to BUFF the decks of GWENT opponents and let us use our hard earned decks to have some amazing games right from the start. Actually, the possibilities are almost endless. You could:

1) add 1-2 Hero cards to every GWENT player in the game or add more card variety
2) buff the AI / decks overall from some of the best players in the game to the low-level players
3) ADD special cards and rewards for beating tough opponents in NG+ or ADD other GWENT-related incentives. For instance, completing NG+ for the first time could reward Geralt with Duny card, or Calanthe card (characters from the books) or anything else you see fitting.

Top Bottom