New Story DLC

+
I've been wondering something. IF they make a full-blown story DLC for Cyberpunk 2077, they can't actually make a DLC for every single ending, right? They gotta choose one of the endings as canon. If so, I truly think and HOPE that the Panam ending is the canon one. Even so, the ending differs depending on whether V is a male or female, and likewise, became romantically involved with Panam or simply a platonic relationship, or (female V only) Judy accompanied the Aldecados, too.

If they do plan on making a story DLC in the future, I sure hope they don't rush it. They gotta take every aspect of the endings into account. And even if it takes a long time, I'd rather wait for a DLC that is affected by the player's choices, as I mentioned above about their relationship with Panam, gender, etc. etc.

Besides, the Panam ending is literally, like, the only ending in which the DLC is compatible. The other endings have nothing interesting to offer. Johnny leaves with V's body, and lives his life alone away from NC. The Arasaka ending is pretty much a closing chapter for V's story, the Suicide ending, well... it's self-explanatory. Like I said, the Panam ending where they leave for Arizona is the only one with potential DLC content. Sure, it'll need a whole lotta creation to make a map for Arizona and possibly a whole town, but I wouldn't mind a smaller town, either.

In my playthroughs, I always ended up with the Panam ending, as well as being romantically involved with her, because it's the most hopeful ending. And it's also a essential character development for not only V, but Panam, too. Even if most of her appearances were side-quests, she's the only character besides V who gained the most development within the story. She was broken and alone when V first meets her, and by the end, she regains her family, a new friend/lover, and a newfound outlook in life.

So, if CD Projekt is sure about the DLC, this ending is the one that should be canon. Plus, Panam is best girl, let's face it!

I disagree about Panam being the best girl in so, so many ways.

With that out of the way. I doubt we're going to get a continuation of V's story as a DLC. What I think we'll get is one/multiple sizeable DLC(s) that is/are unrelated to the main story. Just like they did with TW3.

Guest 4412420

I'd rather they not make a post-ending expansion at all than make the Star ending the sole canon ending. CDPR neglected Kerry's and River's romances enough as it is, throwing them under the bus completely would be the last straw.
Post automatically merged:

Besides, the Panam ending is literally, like, the only ending in which the DLC is compatible. The other endings have nothing interesting to offer.
Hard disagree. The Sun ending have just as much if not more to offer. And people had been trying to come up with ways to merge multiple endings together for the Crystal Palace thing so as to include as many players as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it with all those romantic relationship dlc wishes? These relationships weren't even that good in Cyberpunk. Quite shallow, like mostly in video games - which, I think, is unavoidable.
There are definitely more interesting things to introduce in story dlcs. Corpo espionage, rogue AIs, war over Pacifica, outburst of conflicts between gangs, expanding Afterlife somehow, some Max Tac / Trauma Team plot, NetWatch. A nomad story in Badlans would also be nice, but please no focus on Panam and a romantic relationship. There's a lot of potential for new, fleshed out characters, personal drama and action elsewhere.

I'm also starting to believe that the dlcs might take place during the campaign, like @GrimReaper801 , @medion_no and
@outy said. It's just the safest way to do for CDPR, knowing the shape of the main story and its multiple endings.

Last edited:
As much as I'd like to see it, I don't think expansions will be set post-campaign. All endings seem fairly final, with only the Star being ambiguously hopeful, and as popular as that ending is, deciding on what is and isn't canon will alienate a lot of people.

I'd be surprised if a canon outcome hasn't been decided though, a ruined / empowered Arasaka is pretty significant. Anything's possible though I guess, but the difference in world states between Sun & Star might be too big to work around.

What do you desire from post-campaign content?
I'm really not sure anymore - a year ago I'd have said, oh, V & the Aldecaldos in Tucson, definitely! But after a few playthroughs it's clear V's story has a fairly defined end. If anything I'd probably just like a little less ambiguity, which could be implemented using cut dialogue without resorting to a full story expansion. There's so many interesting breadcrumbs regarding Night Corp, the Peralezes, rogue AIs that it'd be shame to ignore them.

Couple months ago I was hoping for follow up DLC but more I think about, the more I`m leaning towards no post main story DLC. I just dont see how you could stitch all those endings in a believable way. Choosing only one ending sounds not fair at all - why suddenly Panam when for example your V didnt like her and was all about being on top in NC? Or why betraying Johnny when going with Hanako when all your playthrough was against it? They put a lot of work in those endings - last 2-3 hours of game are very powerfull and narrowing it only one path sounds lame.

OK, I think it could be possible to return later on as engram put in another body but thats more like a sequel rather than 15h DLC.

Hey,
Is there any information confirmed officially at all?
I read quite a few times about the first DLC being set in Pacifica, but I think it didn't come from any official channel.
Any news?

I'm not sure if this one "canon" ending even exists, therefore, I believe expansions won't have any ending related story.
Making an expansion for several endings would probably be too much work; making an expansion for a specific "canon" ending would make other people just pick one that has continuation, which would ruin other endings and the point of having "your" ending.
Somehow, it just seems that expansions set before act3 are more possible and will give more freedom for developers.

Last edited:
The easiest thing to do would be to set it before the end like many other similar games do.

OOOOooo, this intrigues me. I have not seen this (Sorry although my steam library has hundreds of games I really only played Bethesda games for the last 10 years). So, what is this you speak of? They start up the DLC story at the point right before you would have decided on one of the endings? Or am I not understanding?

OOOOooo, this intrigues me. I have not seen this (Sorry although my steam library has hundreds of games I really only played Bethesda games for the last 10 years). So, what is this you speak of? They start up the DLC story at the point right before you would have decided on one of the endings? Or am I not understanding?

Not understanding.

The DLC would simply be set before the end of the game. Unrelated to the main quest itself. For example, the Blood&Wine expansion for The Witcher 3 simply added a whole new region and a ton of content in said region. The main storyline was completely unaffected by it.

Or, if you want an example a little closer to home. Skyrim's Dawnguard or Solstheim expansions.

It's really nothing special.

Last edited:
Top Bottom