New video – Swap Update overview

+
Necromancy meta incoming LOL.

Seriously though, I'm surprised they didn't mention Isengrim: Outlaw, he pulls locks, removal and weather clears. Like come on. That's my only problem with this though.

I think the new Slave Driver opens up the possibility of a Slave Hunter/Slave Driver deck, which is pretty cool. Also, the Elven Scout change is a great change for Ele'yas or whatever his name is. You could also make a deck with Olgierd and Cyclops now. I will surely try to make this work.

Btw, isn't the change to Winch kind of terrible? What happens if you draw them late in the game? It also only boosts by 3 which is pretty weak with the existing cards... hm.

mli_dragon;n10953053 said:
Yes, in the lastest, Alchemy barely made to 50%. (I am talking about winrates above rank 20. I rarely pay attention to lower ranks.) I check those reports frequently and rarely, very rarely, Alchemy makes above 50% unlike Henselt, Brouver, and GS. It is sad that sometimes ppl just pick a data that superficially fits their argument while ignoring the whole statistics. Nothing useful nor informative there that you add to my previous comment. And it's just annoying.

Are you sure you don't check it superficially? you may be fooled because Calveit indeed was less than 50% in the last few, but that's because some people play soldiers or spies with him. Or even Mill. If you check the specific alchemy bronzes' winrate at the highest tier (3900+ I believe is rank 20+ ), it's always over 50%. Usually less so than Harald, Greatswords, Henselt and Brouver, but still always above.

Still no change to Ilmerith: Sabbath? Bleh.

Still, very happy to see wardancer abuse fixed. This will definitely bring me back into the game after a long absence.

Good:
1) Broover not being able to pull Yaevinn
2) Wardancer (i am glad, though I dont see wardancer is such a problem)
3) bronze create: slave driver, winch, elven scout, doppler - best change.

Bad:
1) Imlerith Sabbath not nerfed, worst gwent card idea ever
2) Barclay+Clever OP combo still lives, Yaevinn can be pulled with A.d.c, so broover almost left as it was before.
3) Greatswords. No changes. JOKE??????

Worst:
No patches in next several months(((
this is it. This is how the Gwent died. (J.Gordon's voice).

Winch basically deleted from game. You'll never have more than 3 or so machines on board since they are still a Henselt targets and removed. Given their low power that ain't difficult to do. Pointless to run a special that will give you at best 9 power in most matchups. Should've maybe made it a tutor card. Or better yet, change to have them create a machine not in your starting deck. Eliminates the Henselt problem. Sure people may get triggerred to see a siege tower or ballista pop out of nowhere and win the game, but the card would still have relevance.

I kinda fine with the changes, except for one. Or better to say... not change at all to an archetype... So, I'll just say, Fuck off your greatsword meta. Already 8 times vs GS this morning on 12 games. I'm sick of it already.

Last edited:
Stop complaining about GS and complain instead about Mandrake in general.

That thing and all the associated stuff it targets (Imlertih!) should be the next thing targeted for reworking in homecoming. It is ridiculous how many match ups come down to being able to pull Mandrake. GS vs GS is almost impossible to pull off if you don't get mandrake and/or Coral both.

Why such hate for GS? so many SK cards are bad compare to other factions like lock, spy. GS is the only strategy is currently working for SK which is not even OP, You just need to learn how to play against them.

If GS is T1 deck for SK then every other Factions are having T! decks like..

MO - Consume
NG - Alchemy / Soldier swarm buff
NR - Machine
Soc. - Elf Buff / Spell Decks &
SK - Great Sword

So why all this whining about it? The main problem of GS is low tempo & it requires setup. Good passes, killing gs or disturbing position can good gameplay against them. Sorry but at least for me GS is not a op deck & I am glad that as least SK have something to play with.

Celestes666;n10953299 said:
Good:
1) Broover not being able to pull Yaevinn
2) Wardancer (i am glad, though I dont see wardancer is such a problem)
3) bronze create: slave driver, winch, elven scout, doppler - best change.

Bad:
1) Imlerith Sabbath not nerfed, worst gwent card idea ever
2) Barclay+Clever OP combo still lives, Yaevinn can be pulled with A.d.c, so broover almost left as it was before.
3) Greatswords. No changes. JOKE??????

Worst:
No patches in next several months(((
this is it. This is how the Gwent died. (J.Gordon's voice).

I primarily only play skellige now adays because it's cards are unique. However I hate greatswords and won't play it. I think it should be changed to boost instead of strengthen. It's just to powerful for non removal decks and the game already has too much removal to begin with, and don't want to be forced to play removal. Skelliges identity is revival of units so I'd hate to see that changed.

VoidStormer;n10953467 said:
Stop complaining about GS and complain instead about Mandrake in general.

That thing and all the associated stuff it targets (Imlertih!) should be the next thing targeted for reworking in homecoming. It is ridiculous how many match ups come down to being able to pull Mandrake. GS vs GS is almost impossible to pull off if you don't get mandrake and/or Coral both.

Trash cards line sabbath are why every deck had to bring along mandrake root to begin with

Mancoon1980;n10953554 said:
It's just to powerful for non removal decks

Non removal decks are having high tempo plus u can carry few removals like mage or cards like alzur or mandrake. GS is not having 100% win rate & it's not like the deck is always loosing against removal only.

As well so many times players start to cry even b4 patch release & trying those new changes & every time the things are getting different then we think b4 patch so It's better to wait for the patch.

l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n10953473 said:
Why such hate for GS? so many SK cards are bad compare to other factions like lock, spy. GS is the only strategy is currently working for SK which is not even OP, You just need to learn how to play against them.

If GS is T1 deck for SK then every other Factions are having T! decks like..

MO - Consume
NG - Alchemy / Soldier swarm buff
NR - Machine
Soc. - Elf Buff / Spell Decks &
SK - Great Sword

So why all this whining about it? The main problem of GS is low tempo & it requires setup. Good passes, killing gs or disturbing position can good gameplay against them. Sorry but at least for me GS is not a op deck & I am glad that as least SK have something to play with.

Monster has WHAT vs GS!?!?!? Uh? Mandrake, Coral, Muzzle? Lets add also igni occasionally. it is more than enough to destroy Consume. The only Mo deck that stand a real chance against GS was The Wild HunT, but loses against the others archetype. And don't come to tell that oceanmud does this or that. He just stick to Eredin because of his fan base on media channels, and keep the crown of WH king. But can barely manage to rank at 4200-4300 MMR while living on Gwent.

GS is just as lame as were Dwarfs meta as growing by STR and not POWER. Plus all the resurrections to summon bronze 20 STR. And you wonder why is ppl wining?

They nerfed everything that could counter effectively GS, and of course, they didn't touch monster as they are already in a bad spot and lack of proper removes vs GS.

Monsters have some control tools against GS: ciclops,morkwud,ozrel,caretaker,sucubus.
Also Spelatel and cursed NR can destroy GS.

PS.the biggest problem with GS is PirateCaptain than pull any card you want, it should show 2cards like elvenmerc. :mad:

Last edited:
oh yeah, just keep up on nerfing Henselt's cards in every updates, why just not remove machine cards or just make them as 1 point card completely then? that would be AWESOME.

wow, it's splendid news.
you can enjoy greatsword, consume, shield buff etc. braindead decks for half a year !!
after half a year, let's enjoy "mid-winter update II" lol

Last edited:
Ic3Purple;n10953623 said:
Monster has WHAT vs GS!?!?!? Uh? Mandrake, Coral, Muzzle? Lets add also igni occasionally. it is more than enough to destroy Consume.

From the cards you have mention almost 3 cards are neutral & can be used against gs too. Mandrake, Muzzle & Igni.

Ic3Purple;n10953623 said:
The only Mo deck that stand a real chance against GS was The Wild HunT, but loses against the others archetype. And don't come to tell that oceanmud does this or that. He just stick to Eredin because of his fan base on media channels, and keep the crown of WH king. But can barely manage to rank at 4200-4300 MMR while living on Gwent.

GS is just as lame as were Dwarfs meta as growing by STR and not POWER. Plus all the resurrections to summon bronze 20 STR. And you wonder why is ppl wining?

They nerfed everything that could counter effectively GS, and of course, they didn't touch monster as they are already in a bad spot and lack of proper removes vs GS.

1at you really can't compare some faction against other. If any Monster opp. failed to draw Mandrake or Coral against Consume or Imlerith then it's almost game over for opp. as well Monster having...
- cards with ability to move opp. card on other row to use disturbing gs positioning
- caretaker can steal high strength gs from sk graveyard
- miruna can also useful against gs to steal high strength card
- ozzrel can useful too
- brewess, whispess, weavess or golyat can give you solid tempo at start to quick pass
- cockatrice can be use to reset boat value
- plus lock & other neutral card abilities like igni, scorch, mandrake, muzzle, regis are there to stop gs

If you don't want to tweak your deck & wants to win against every faction then I am afraid that's not going to happen. As I said there is no faction or deck available which having 100% wr & every faction is having T1 deck.

I don't think Greatswords are that bad to be fair. I've never played them because I find them boring (aside from NG handbuff it's probably the only deck from those that have been meta at some point since Midwinter that I've never even tried). I have a pretty good winrate against them too. But my main problem is how greatswords utterly wreck weather and damaging engines. Axemen, Frost and Deathwish are suffering because of the prevalence of Greatswords.

Other than that, there are numerous options to counter them, some are neutral too (Artefact Compression, Muzzle, Necromancy), others are faction specific but better (Vicovaro Medics, Ozzrel, Caretaker even Yennefer: Necromancer possibly). I've been trying to make Deathwish better against Greatswords, I've included Caretaker and I am thinking about Ozzrel, but I need to test this variant first.

Top Bottom