No forced death, and no level scaling.

+
No forced death, and no level scaling.

In TW2, if you slay guards, you had to face a fine or cinematic death where you can't do anything. I approve forced death during quests and stories(like where you insult Iorveth when you were surrounded by his archers), but forced-death out of quest and in an open world game is just lame.

TW1 and TW2 didn't have level scaling, and I think it should be kept that way. Skyrim's level scaling remover mod Requiem is so much more fun vanilla Skyrim for that reason.

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents of things that I don't want to see in TW3. I hope we don't see another ME3's case where it was trying too hard to get broader audience, resulting in a mediocre game.

Viewing said:
In TW2, if you slay guards, you had to face a fine or cinematic death where you can't do anything. I approve forced death during quests and stories(like where you insult Iorveth when you were surrounded by his archers), but forced-death out of quest and in an open world game is just lame.

I don't really get what you mean. So Geralt can't die unless it is storyrelated and/or a cutscene?

Also, they already said that Witcher 3 won't have any level scaling.

Ah, now i get it. Well, i guess they had to do in Witcher 2, because if you start killing everybody, you can't progress in the story, because you can't approach Flotsam anymore without getting attacked by the guards, quite a dilemma.

In Witcher 3, yeah, it could work. If you go on a rampage and start killing guards in a village, you won't be able to do any quest related to this village, because they won't talk to you anymore, but again what if this village is important for the overall story?

Even in "glorious" Skyrim you couldn't kill essential characters for certain stories. They had to do it, so the player doesn't "kill" the story :)

Also didn't they say that you can't kill innocents/civilians?

I absolutely 100% despise scaling enemies to your level, and I could probably write a lengthy paper on why that is the case, but we don't have to worry about that in Witcher 3 as it's already been confirmed to not be in the game.

As far as the cutscene deaths that you're talking about, it really depends on the situation, in my opinion. It's really on the developers of the particular game to make sure that it's appropriately used, if it's used at all.

I agree with the no scaling part . But we don`t know yet what circumstances Geralt will find himself in Witcher 3 . But in W2 when Geralt is either in prison or in front of Iorveth then you either cater to them or you die . You just don`t piss off the people who hold your life in the palms of their hands .

No scaling enemy level. Period.

As for Geralt's cutscene death... Well, although I did not like it and it bothered me. Sometimes it is needed, and sometimes it makes sense. So it depends on how CDPR will be using it.

I thought the cutscene deaths in TW2 were appropriate.

Frankly, I don't think there should be an option to kill the "civilian" NPCs or "friendly" guards. It isn't fun, doesn't fit with the story, and it ruins balance if they have too much loot.

As for scaling, I started a thread on that issue way back. Essentially, the devs said there won't be any.

gab961111 said:
I think i must be the only one who liked level scaling in Skyrim.
I don't. Thankfully I play the PC version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on PC and we get mod tools so I was able to permanently remove level scaling from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with a mod I made as well as regenerative health which was a mod I downloaded.

scaled lvl enemies make it casual, so no, it is like "men, i have again 10 leves and a super magic legendary sword, but i still killing the same shitty mod with 100000 hits"

Wolves should be wolves no matter where/when I meet them. When I meet a armorplated big dude with burning flames for eyes and a 2handed mace I should think twice before fighting him. No scaling enemies please, believable enemies :D

No level scaling is a must.
You must feel threatened to go into certain areas, specific monsters should be very very hard to kill if you are weak.

Yeah no level scaling, I like leveling up to a really high level with beast items... then travelling around and killing old monsters with 1 hit... makes me feel powerful :)

Top Bottom