[Official Problem] Language Subtitle Packs are incorrect for several users for The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch

+
And once again, here's the overview of the regions and the available languages:

This was not always made clear. People bought the game when they said the same language packs would be available as on other platforms. Other language options were available ingame initially and then removed.

I cannot play the game I purchased from the eshop and was mislead before I purchased it.
They do not wish to make language packs available.

Refund my purchase.

> Only the store where you bought it from can replace a product

Haha, nice joke. I could do it if you release language packs in the same time as game. In that case, I could buy game, proof that it is not playable and ask retailer for refund.

But you released language pack after all terms for returning game were finished. So, it is very convenient for you: when people found that game is not playable they own game too long for returning it at that moment. Only people who bought game after language packs were released can ask for refund.

You can fix it very easy: you can give me key for digital version that supports language packs. I already paid for this game, so I have a right to play it.

Actually, I don't need refund, I still want to play this game, just make it playable.

I tried to play English version but there are a lot of strange words of weird dialect that I can't understand. Even my girlfriend who worked in USA for a long time can't understand it.

Also, we tried to play it ignoring the story but there are a lot of unskippable dialogs that are too boring if you don't understand what shit is happening there.

> Only the store where you bought it from can replace a product

Haha, nice joke. I could do it if you release language packs in the same time as game. In that case, I could buy game, proof that it is not playable and ask retailer for refund.

But you released language pack after all terms for returning game were finished. So, it is very convenient for you: when people found that game is not playable they own game too long for returning it at that moment. Only people who bought game after language packs were released can ask for refund.

You can fix it very easy: you can give me key for digital version that supports language packs. I already paid for this game, so I have a right to play it.

Actually, I don't need refund, I still want to play this game, just make it playable.

I tried to play English version but there are a lot of strange words of weird dialect that I can't understand. Even my girlfriend who worked in USA for a long time can't understand it.

Also, we tried to play it ignoring the story but there are a lot of unskippable dialogs that are too boring if you don't understand what shit is happening there.

As has been stated numerous times in this thread, this is a Community Forum -- it is not Official CDPR Support. You'll need to contact CDPR directly about any issues concerning returns, replacements, or refunds. You can begin here:

On the topic of the language issue, these considerations are not solely up to CDPR -- Nintendo has final say on which languages will or will not be offered in which regions. This is the same for games across the spectrum on any platform (Microsoft, Sony, Steam, GOG, Epic Gamestore, Desura, etc.) Studios do not have the authority to simply overrule what a marketplace is or is not willing to host. If you have major complaints about the availability of language packs for certain regions, contact Nintendo. What can be done here has already been done.

Again, Nintendo's response:

"please be aware this game is not developed by Nintendo. We would suggest you reach out to the game developer."

As has been stated numerous times in this thread, this is a Community Forum -- it is not Official CDPR Support. You'll need to contact CDPR directly about any issues concerning returns, replacements, or refunds. You can begin here:

On the topic of the language issue, these considerations are not solely up to CDPR -- Nintendo has final say on which languages will or will not be offered in which regions. This is the same for games across the spectrum on any platform (Microsoft, Sony, Steam, GOG, Epic Gamestore, Desura, etc.) Studios do not have the authority to simply overrule what a marketplace is or is not willing to host. If you have major complaints about the availability of language packs for certain regions, contact Nintendo. What can be done here has already been done.

From my perspective, what has been done is they released the game supporting my language. -> I bought it. -> They remove my language and make it non-playable. I do not even what them to fight against Nintendo on my behalf: That's too much to ask. I just want they could be honest to me next time. When I purchase the game, just give me a big warning: The currently supported languages could be removed anytime without notice. If they refuse to put that warming because they want to sell more copies. That is called fraud.

[QUOTE = "العزلة_7 ، النشر: 11749838 ، العضو: 4373732"]
نفس المشكلة كيف يمكنني الحصول على اللغة العربية> الرجاء إصلاح ذلك
[/اقتبس]
Yes the Arabic subtitle is unavailable from the USA store I wish there fix it

Hello,
Today 28.01.2021 Russian language (audio) come to switch. But it come to new released edition. It not work with Complete Edition.
Is it possible that Russian language (audio) also appears in Complete Edition?

So now there's a non-Complete Edition available on the eshop, that features a couple more language, but still no Chinese. Will more languages be added or made available? Is there any info on this at all?

As the language info seems to be gone from this website, I'd hoped they would have added all options to this now non-Complete Edition version, or language packs, but they have added four more languages to it.

devivre
Did you know this version was being put up, or what the reasoning was for it? It says you can download it free if you had purchased the Complete Edition digitally. What is the purpose of this?

Hello! I just downloaded the base edition from the e-shop but there seem not be the italian version, even tho I downloaded it from Europe and in the description the available languages listed are english, spanish, french, italian and german. Couldn't find any separate download pack.
I already contacted CDPR, hoping they can resolve my issue...
The absurd thing is that the list of available languages comprehend: arabic, chinese and simplified chinese, french, polish, german, portoguese, russian, english, french and spanish.

The Australian base version says it includes English, French, German, Italian, Russian.
With download packs available for French, German, Portuguese, Russian, and Polish.

Still no Chinese mentioned.
If it is included, but not mentioned in the description, someone please let me know.

I now see the US eShop lists the Base Game as including Chinese, while the Australian eShop does not.
Are they really still releasing different versions in different regions? I thought they were going to correct that with the Base Game replacements.

To continue conversation with myself, in case anyone else wants the info:
The Base Game in Australia lists supported languages as: English, French, German, Italian, and Russian.
Having just downloaded it, it actually includes subtitles: Arabic, Portuguese, Chinese (simplified), Czech, German, English, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Chinese (assumedly traditional).
I believe all these languages are in the Base Game in all countries/regions, despite not listing them all in the eShop description.
Strangely, no Italian, which was listed.

So finally, and without any notification, or even listing it, it has what I wanted.
I am now scared to even add the DLC or any updates from fear they will remove the needed subtitles. It would be nice to get guarantee that this will not happen.

Last edited:
Nintendo replied to me today saying that CDPR removed some languages after the last update but they're working to ripristinate them as soon as possible.
So I guess I just have to wait xD

Like I said, scared of updates or DLC as I have the languages I want now and don't want to lose them.
A statement of "All languages are available (will be available again shortly) and won't be removed" would be much appreciated.

I just bought the witcher 3 on switch, on offer at 24 euros .. the download and I discover that the basic version does not have the Italian language, even if I downloaded it from the italy eshop ... reading in the forum you said they should arrive other languages, by any chance do you know if the Italian language will ever arrive for the basic version of the witcher 3?

it is really absurd that the complete edition of the game has the Italian language and the basic version doesn't! The difference should only exist in playable add-on contents! I'd like to have a quick official reply

it is really absurd that the complete edition of the game has the Italian language and the basic version doesn't! The difference should only exist in playable add-on contents! I'd like to have a quick official reply

In the (Australian at least) eShop where it lists languages, it doesn't list all the languages that are included, but it does say Italian, which is not included.
It has to be a mistake. I just hope they don't remove any others when/if they fix it.

A statement of "all languages are now available, and won't be lost with updates/DLC" would be extremely helpful.

Top Bottom