Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game definitely won't have Witcher structure, with or without of MP. And seriously people, step back and breathe in...this hysteria is pointless. There ARE games with well done and interesting MP.

I think that this is the nearest thing to a source article (in English).
http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1077

But I'd tend to agree with Rawls, grants for engine development seem to imply it's for the game after CP77, whatever that is, or at the very least an expansion pack. They're not going to be having that large team of developers sitting around on their arses while they apply for grants, do a lot of research, then come up with a major engine update.

a complex technology for making unique multiplayer gameplay mechanics, including the ability to search for opponents, manage game session, replicate objects, and support for different game modes along with a unique set of dedicated tools

Fits Gwent requirements as well as it does CP. ;)

I find the grant bit interesting. In the states, an established artist/company would be hard pressed to qualify for a grant. The whole purpose is to help those in the early stages of a creative endeavour. From a U.S. perspective, CDPR applying for a grant is like Facebook or Spotify applying for a grant. Given that's clearly not the situation in Poland, one has to wonder what the qualifications are, and how anyone else could possibly compete with the likes of CDPR.

Last edited:
I am not name calling.... I just don't understand the logic if someone avoid to play a nice RPG even if well made or a total masterpiece just because the presence of multyplayer.... I don't see really the logic... Is not like you are forced to play multyplayer...

Ah stay sure that if CP2077 turns to be a FPS i will not buy it.... A RPG were promised... so a rpg must be... And i agree with you i dislike FPS with passion if they are not realistic like arma series..

I think you just misread my post or maybe i written it bad... :)

"Seamless Multiplayer, on the other hand, is a “complex technology for making unique multiplayer gameplay mechanics, including the ability to search out for opponents, manage game session, replicate objects, as well as support for different game modes along with a unique set of dedicated tools."

Maybe i am just dreaming but it does sound like a sort of neverwinter nights 2.. Maybe will be possible host campaign in the game place npc... Posses them.. spawn loot and stuff like that...

That would be awesome and seamless...

One can dream..!

I will be so pissed if the game has some type of real live social aspect that cannot be turned off. I do not like dealing with people online, they are just about universally annoying people that ruin games. I want a single player experience throughout the whole game. I really hope nobody gets the bright idea to meta the game and when you are in cyberspace, you meet real people there. No, just NO. Again, random people will screw the experience up. Maybe a coop option at best, but nothing with random people please.

CDPR will deliver. They will. I thought that multiplayer wasn't priority, just single player for now. CDPR said they may add a multiplayer option.

... I just don't understand the logic if someone avoid to play a nice RPG even if well made or a total masterpiece just because the presence of multyplayer.... I don't see really the logic... Is not like you are forced to play multyplayer...
Actually most multi-player games you are forced to play multi-player. It's also why so many multi-player PvP games are free to play. It's the only way they can keep a sufficient number of players in the game for handful of "L33Tz" to slaughter, thus keeping them playing and paying for the next piece of ubergear.

We all have our tastes in games, for whatever reason a certain types of games appeal to us, and some types we have zero interest in. In spite of the opinions of publishing execs not all gamers like the same type of game, and no one game type will appeal to everyone.

There is also the fact that just about all multiplayer games are little more than shooting fests, something that does not fit in a RPG game. Even if you integrate a more co-op environment, you are guaranteed that few people will actually ROLEPLAY the characters and instead act like idiots just running and gunning. I really cannot see it working good with human nature. I also fear that this will dampen the singleplayer experience. Multiplayer costs, time, money, resources, not to mention technical hurdles which will put restrictions on the multiplayer components. I doubt we would have gotten anything like the witcher 3 if they had tried to include multiplayer in it.

I always found the term for "seamless multiplayer" to just mean "meaningless multiplayer" in most cases, I hope it won't contain actual Multiplayer in the base game itself, but if a spin-off minigame or even a minigame inside the game itself can be played with multiplayer then I can get behind that.

I would assume that the multiplayer component will be tied to netrunning feature and optional, so I wouldn't worry too much. As for the game being a "sandbox", note that outlets tend to misuse that word in regards to open worlds games. They were even using it for The Witcher 3, despite it being a story driven experience and REDs promised that Cyberpunk 2077 will be one as well.

and

Actually most multi-player games you are forced to play multi-player.
do you think cyberpunk has the potential to be multiplayer only? because I doubt that. and I can't think of a single player game that forces you to play the multiplayer component.

do you think cyberpunk has the potential to be multiplayer only? because I doubt that. and I can't think of a single player game that forces you to play the multiplayer component.
I did say "most multi-player games you are forced to play multi-player", I did not say single-player games forced multi-player.

And I have no doubt at all the whatever multi-player component they add to CP2077 will be optional. But I don't expect it to be very popular with the majority of players, and don't expect whatever popularity it may have to last long. So I really have to ask "Why bother"?

I did say "most multi-player games you are forced to play multi-player", I did not say single-player games forced multi-player.

And I have no doubt at all the whatever multi-player component they add to CP2077 will be optional.

I was just trying to understand why you mentioned multiplayer only games. I'm pretty sure this post was in relation to cyberpunk:
I just don't understand the logic if someone avoid to play a nice RPG even if well made or a total masterpiece just because the presence of multyplayer.... I don't see really the logic... Is not like you are forced to play multyplayer...

But I don't expect it to be very popular with the majority of players, and don't expect whatever popularity it may have to last long. So I really have to ask "Why bother"?
you may be right. it may also be really fun. because we know nothing about it it's really hard to form an opinion about how successful it will be.
as an example: no one wanted multiplayer in mass effect 3, but from what I heard it was actually pretty good/popular. CDPR may surprise us.
I too would prefer them to only concentrate on single player, but I won't be angry if the game has a fun multiplayer part.

good lord what a lot of panic

it's a grant application, not idea what the process it like to get said grants. might not even be given out this year. might not get the money till 2018. honestly no details to assume this has anything to do with CP2077

We know CP2077 is using the Red Engine 3 that the Witcher 3 used so this tech is probably not for CP 2077.

so why are you out?

Just a (slightly edited) cut & paste from the article @RepHope cited:

"People have been asking me if Cyberpunk 2077 will have multiplayer or if it will be a straight-up shooter, and I tell them to relax, because it will be a true RPG game," Iwinski told IGN. "We are known for storytelling, and big game worlds, and so we’re taking all what we've learnt from previous three Witcher games, as well as the open-world aspect, and applying it to Cyberpunk 2077," he added. "So yes, it is an all-out RPG game, but we're looking at having a lot of new gameplay elements that I cannot talk about yet. One thing I can say for sure is that it is definitely NOT a multiplayer shooter."

This still leaves us pretty much in the dark as to what the multi-player elements will be, but at least we know it won't be Cyberpunk Call of Duty. Of course we already knew that because Maximum Mike sold CDPR the rights to make a computer version of Cyberpunk and he's made it clear he refuses to let the Cyberpunk label be plastered on just another shooter.

Last edited:
Expect something like ME3. Some competitive modes, maybe a limited cooperative mode with the host making all the choices and the other person just tagging along, and if you want you can completely ignore it just like with Gwent.

The real concern is whether micro transactions will show up. I hope not, but if we got a ME3 deal where micro transactions fund free DLC packs, then maybe I'd be ok with it.

Edit: Damn Clay is on point with the Like button today.

Last edited:
So, drop-in/drop-out coop/competitive? Could work as infighting among edgerunners is a thing thats been mentioned in the original RPG, stuff like dysfunctional parties that are only held together by a common goal/enemy and bullets flying when it is time to divide the loot.

Also, some noteable new hires. http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1085

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom