Open Letter from Marcin Iwiński -- co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED

+
Fantastic news! Congratulations! An accolade well deserved. Witcher 3 is probably one of the best games of this console generation and perhaps last generation. ;) I hope you're also counting Nvidia purchases? Congrats again!

I am so happy about this, so well deserved. Hope this means CD project can continue to make brilliant games in the future:)

Thank you CDPR for this masterpiece. A lot of life changing negative things has happened to me and the ones I care about in the past two years. This game is not one of those things and for me it is more than just a game. Looking forward to experience more of your brilliance! Cheers!

Congratulations CDPR.

I am very happy with the news, you cannow make more games and hopefully as good.

Congratulations CDPR! You guys and gals deserve all the praise and then some. When you delayed the release several times, I knew you guys would get it right.

This is more than just my GotY 2015, this is Game of the last several years and maybe one of the best RPGs ever made bar none, and the new standard, how big games should be developed and published: exactly as the developer intended without all the BS that plagues the gaming industry since the handful of big publishers took over. Its a video game history milestone accomplishment.

Thank you for this beautiful epic game! :respect:

All of you are a fanboys

The Game is broken, buggy and glitchy
A lot of issues and problems.

What is there to celebrate ?

They Stole Our Money and Gave Us Unstable Game With Issues.

Stop lying to yourselves grow up kids !!

All of you are a fanboys

The amount of blind praise DOES get ridiculous. I mean I'm glad you sold 4 million copies but most of them got sold thanks to original promotional materials. Not to mention watered down lighting, super-low draw distance, missing effects etc.

But yeah, it's great you're swimming in cash.

I didn't think there was much choice in the matter. If I can shell out $60 for garbage like Assassin's Cr- ...well I'll be nice and not complete that thought. We all know who's track record has suffered the past few years. I have been waiting far too long for quality entertainment. So long that Dragon Age did little to appease me, and I found it to be a decent game. The Witcher 3 feels as if it floated from the heavens to ease my RPG woes. It has been years since a game has been able to pull me in and play for FUN! The Last of Us was the last game I felt 100% satisfied with. The rest felt like I was just trophy/achievement collecting instead of gaming, and I hadn't even realized it until May 21st of this year (purchased TW3 right after I saw those awesome review scores).

If we weren't already, I'd say we should be thanking CD PROJEKT RED for putting out exceptional-quality entertainment. I'm a huge fan of cyberpunk themes, and seriously can not wait to see the justice you bring to one of my favorite genres. A huge thank you to everyone for their years of hard work and dedication, it really shows. Congratulations on a job very well done :cheers2:, can't wait to see y'all get that GOTY Award!!

All of you are a fanboys

Speak for yourself. The game works very well for me. No fatal crashes after the first patch, no game-ending glitches that weren't solved by reloading, restarting the game, or patches again. Game otherwise meets my expectations. Plays great, looks great. Of course there is room for improvement, but otherwise the game is excellent and well worth the money I paid for it.

No stealing was involved, as a transaction occurred. If you don't believe that what you received in return for your money is what was promised to you, then you should take up a 'misleading and deceptive conduct' case (or the suitable alternative in your local legal jurisdiction) against either your local game retailer, or the developer itself. Somehow, I doubt you'll be successful in a court of law, but you should try if you feel so strongly about it. Could set an amazing precedent in game development and advertisement.

Speak for yourself. The game works very well for me. No fatal crashes after the first patch, no game-ending glitches that weren't solved by reloading, restarting the game, or patches again. Game otherwise meets my expectations. Plays great, looks great. Of course there is room for improvement, but otherwise the game is excellent and well worth the money I paid for it.

No stealing was involved, as a transaction occurred. If you don't believe that what you received in return for your money is what was promised to you, then you should take up a 'misleading and deceptive conduct' case (or the suitable alternative in your local legal jurisdiction) against either your local game retailer, or the developer itself. Somehow, I doubt you'll be successful in a court of law, but you should try if you feel so strongly about it. Could set an amazing precedent in game development and advertisement.

I didn't said I want my money back !
The damage already done..

The Game is awesome no one can say otherwise.. Hell it's the best game I ever had and I said that many times.

Thing is, I won't lie to myself and to them by saying it's a masterpiece..
I don't about you.. You must be playing it on PC.
Give it a try on PS4 or ask someone has it on PS4 and see for yourself.
Aside from glitches and bugs that are everywhere on this game, the Frame Rates is madness, unplayable and unacceptable.

If I said yaay it's a masterpiece and flawless then no one going to work hard anymore
They promised us PS4 players since day one, that frame rates drops and stutters issues is to be fixed yet nothing happend.
4 patches for some features and that's it.

Wet armor bug is there, can't dive bug, horse bug etc etc etc .. All that can be fix in time but to play a game on frame rates that reach 20fps is unbelieveable.

Read my other comment and watch my video if you care it's on patch 1.04 , 1.05 thread.

Have a nice day.

I wish CDPR would actually communicate with their fans more, instead of posting one direction announcements. They barely communicate with the community at all. Most of the time is spent communicating with journalists instead.

Last edited:
People who can't appreciate this game are akin to barn animals simply trying to "fit in" or "play dat new new" when they should really find another genre that is better suited for them than in-depth role playing. Just "cuz" your "friends" on facebook play this doesn't mean you will like it. RPGs aren't for everyone (especially ones where you have to use your brain!) yet because the game is popular right now, lot of "followers" are playing it, pissing themselves off and instead of finding another game they want to come here and bash this one for lame reasons.

Game is so delicious, I taste it in my sleep... Been playing RPGs since the early 90's and can say that the Witcher series is the best, a perfect storm of great devs that care, a fabulous story that enthralls and content/features to keep a person busy for as long as they please. It gets no better with or without bugs lol Least games are fixable these days, back in the good ol days when a game went out broken, you had to wait months/years to buy a brand new one! You guys aren't even giving this game time to be fixed. This isn't a Big Mac at McDonalds!

No one got ripped off purchasing this game! If anything, CDPR got ripped off with all these simpletons whining about a broken game that is far from it and shouldn't warrant complaints in the first place with the constant patches/communication and all the free gifts (maps, cd's, stickers, DLC, ect. ect.) Again, I am no denying there is some bugs but hell, what game is perfect on launch? What game is this big and near perfect on launch with a small team of developers? lol Its humorous how many people blindly hate a game for no reason other than they don't like it lacking rationale to validate it therefore attacking supporters and spreading filth to justify their blatant ignorance.

Go find another game and be happy for crying out loud. Why punish yourself with a great game like this that only makes you mad? Why come to forums with no intentions of reading but all intentions of complaining? I don't understand it but whatever. Do us all a favor here and educate yourselves. Look up these games released somewhat recently on their "launch" and tell me this one sucks afterwards (Drive Club, SimCity, Diablo 3,Battlefield 4, Fallout 3/Skyrim, Gran Turismo 5/6, Assassins Creed Unity, Aliens Colonial Marines, ect. ect. search last 5 years of games and majority have really bad launches) wayyy worse than this game made by wayy bigger companies. Unlike CD Projekt Red though, they don't care and only see us as dairy cows to be milked. Saying this game is broken and they ripped you off actually goes past insulting, its hilarious! You'll never sell me or anyone else that loves the series that this game is "broken" or we were "ripped off" so move along already.

-Zero

I didn't said I want my money back !
The damage already done..

The Game is awesome no one can say otherwise.. Hell it's the best game I ever had and I said that many times.

Thing is, I won't lie to myself and to them by saying it's a masterpiece..
I don't about you.. You must be playing it on PC.
Give it a try on PS4 or ask someone has it on PS4 and see for yourself.
Aside from glitches and bugs that are everywhere on this game, the Frame Rates is madness, unplayable and unacceptable.

If I said yaay it's a masterpiece and flawless then no one going to work hard anymore
They promised us PS4 players since day one, that frame rates drops and stutters issues is to be fixed yet nothing happend.
4 patches for some features and that's it.

Wet armor bug is there, can't dive bug, horse bug etc etc etc .. All that can be fix in time but to play a game on frame rates that reach 20fps is unbelieveable.

Read my other comment and watch my video if you care it's on patch 1.04 , 1.05 thread.

Have a nice day.

I am sure downgrading the game to 900p on PS4 (or dynamically switch between 900p and 1080p like XB1) would no doubt help greatly with the frame rate drop issue but that wont be acceptable to PS4 owners right?

Yes I am playing it on PC (2 PCs actually, one with a gtx970 and the other gtx560ti) and because I can adjust the visual effects and resolution to make the most out of my hardware, I am having a blast of an experience. There are minor glitches here and there but it does not interfere with my overall experience.

I am sorry to hear that PS4 players are experiencing so many problems but TW3 is running on a new engine and it is pushing the PS4 hardware to its maximum. I do know people who play on PS4 and they would not classify the game as broken or unplayable. Annoying maybe, frustrating at times even but to say that it is broken is not fair.

Maybe things will be better and smoother if Sony/Microsoft and game developers recognize the fact that current gen consoles are simply not capable of rendering great graphics by today's standard at 1080p. Just like I will not try to run this game at 1080p with my gtx560ti because it simply wont be able to handle it and give me a good experience.

I am sure downgrading the game to 900p on PS4 (or dynamically switch between 900p and 1080p like XB1) would no doubt help greatly with the frame rate drop issue but that wont be acceptable to PS4 owners right?

Yes I am playing it on PC (2 PCs actually, one with a gtx970 and the other gtx560ti) and because I can adjust the visual effects and resolution to make the most out of my hardware, I am having a blast of an experience. There are minor glitches here and there but it does not interfere with my overall experience.

I am sorry to hear that PS4 players are experiencing so many problems but TW3 is running on a new engine and it is pushing the PS4 hardware to its maximum. I do know people who play on PS4 and they would not classify the game as broken or unplayable. Annoying maybe, frustrating at times even but to say that it is broken is not fair.

Maybe things will be better and smoother if Sony/Microsoft and game developers recognize the fact that current gen consoles are simply not capable of rendering great graphics by today's standard at 1080p. Just like I will not try to run this game at 1080p with my gtx560ti because it simply wont be able to handle it and give me a good experience.

You are right..

I'm sorry for my comment above CDPR

I'm playing it since yesterday and now I'm playing non-stop.

As a PS4 owner I wish all games run at 900p so I will get a smooth gameplay, Bloodborne running at 1080p but the performance is awful.

I wish this game was run at 900p or it may will be 900p someday.

Thanks I will get back to the game now Triss is waiting for me.

---------- Updated at 07:59 AM ----------

People who can't appreciate this game are akin to barn animals simply trying to "fit in" or "play dat new new" when they should really find another genre that is better suited for them than in-depth role playing. Just "cuz" your "friends" on facebook play this doesn't mean you will like it. RPGs aren't for everyone (especially ones where you have to use your brain!) yet because the game is popular right now, lot of "followers" are playing it, pissing themselves off and instead of finding another game they want to come here and bash this one for lame reasons.

Game is so delicious, I taste it in my sleep... Been playing RPGs since the early 90's and can say that the Witcher series is the best, a perfect storm of great devs that care, a fabulous story that enthralls and content/features to keep a person busy for as long as they please. It gets no better with or without bugs lol Least games are fixable these days, back in the good ol days when a game went out broken, you had to wait months/years to buy a brand new one! You guys aren't even giving this game time to be fixed. This isn't a Big Mac at McDonalds!

No one got ripped off purchasing this game! If anything, CDPR got ripped off with all these simpletons whining about a broken game that is far from it and shouldn't warrant complaints in the first place with the constant patches/communication and all the free gifts (maps, cd's, stickers, DLC, ect. ect.) Again, I am no denying there is some bugs but hell, what game is perfect on launch? What game is this big and near perfect on launch with a small team of developers? lol Its humorous how many people blindly hate a game for no reason other than they don't like it lacking rationale to validate it therefore attacking supporters and spreading filth to justify their blatant ignorance.

Go find another game and be happy for crying out loud. Why punish yourself with a great game like this that only makes you mad? Why come to forums with no intentions of reading but all intentions of complaining? I don't understand it but whatever. Do us all a favor here and educate yourselves. Look up these games released somewhat recently on their "launch" and tell me this one sucks afterwards (Drive Club, SimCity, Diablo 3,Battlefield 4, Fallout 3/Skyrim, Gran Turismo 5/6, Assassins Creed Unity, Aliens Colonial Marines, ect. ect. search last 5 years of games and majority have really bad launches) wayyy worse than this game made by wayy bigger companies. Unlike CD Projekt Red though, they don't care and only see us as dairy cows to be milked. Saying this game is broken and they ripped you off actually goes past insulting, its hilarious! You'll never sell me or anyone else that loves the series that this game is "broken" or we were "ripped off" so move along already.

-Zero

Chill out before you Explodes.

i have played 24 days to this fantastic game and only can say thanks for do this fantastic trilogy is my favorite rpg saga. I´m studying Animation And Modeling in 2D and 3D. Can say, sometimes the animation isn´t good, or you repeat same model of people to make different character with same body but there are a lot of work in this game to make open world sense and there are a lot of your hours expense in animations and in all environments to do one live world.
So only can say are a little bugs, but me and my gtx980 know you will do the best enhanced edition has never seen before.

Thank everyone who participated in the creation of this splendid saga and continue with your sales policy, never forget when you started in this market.

Sorry for my english

This game is a masterpiece for me. I'm not sure why with 50+ FPS it's still not smooth for me. I really like HBAO+ and once my bonus is out.. i probably get 980Ti.

Dear Marcin,
sorry for peeing into your Champagne. I agree that The Witcher 3 is a stunning game which kept me glued to the keyboard ever since I bought it.
The problems with it started when I wanted to return from Skellige to Velen - CTD every time. A visit of the support forum confirmed that this was a known bug caused by an unfinished quest. To finish it, which would apparently solve the issue, I would however have to travel back to Velen which will end in another CTD, So I am stuck. It was hardly comforting to learn that I am not the only one with this problem.

Ah, patch 1.04. This should solve it. But where is it? On The Witcher Homepage? Surprisingly not. On the online retailer page? Not anymore, as apparently 1.05 is already out. Fortunately the witcher forum community is extremely helpful or none of your customers worldwide would be able to get patch 1.04. Sadly your team has apparently not addressed the long known travel bug in this patch. But with the rather mixed reception of patch 1.05 I will update to 1.04 first, also because - you guess corrctly, patch 1.05 is cleverly hidden.
And last, but not least, where is the free DLC? Not on the Witcher homepage as it seems, or too cleverly hidden for a dumb user like myself.

So before you continue to pat yourselves on both shoulders for an undoubtedly fantastic game there are a few minor issues to address, just browse through the support forum if you can spare a few miutes. If this is however a new approach to customer support I have to say that I am "not amused".

The vodka is running out.

And last, but not least, where is the free DLC? Not on the Witcher homepage as it seems, or too cleverly hidden for a dumb user like myself.

Well, if you bought it at Steam it is at the "Downloadable Content for this Game" section, e.g here is the link for the Temerian armor set:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/370000/

Here is the link to the steampage (scroll down to Downloadable content)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/292030/?

So, you're a OF-2, right? So, what's your MOS?

Top Bottom