Patch 1.05... where is it?

+
Behold, people, the new generation of gamers: self-entitled, ever-unsatisfied, butthurt spoiled brats. Sigh.

Stop whining. The XP glitch is only affecting some quests, and I hardly notice it when playing.
As a matter of fact, most of my leveling came from side quests, to the point I had to force myself back fast to the main quests as I was becoming too strong for them. I now have to micromanage the quests so they don't get below my level - which would actually make me lose more XP than this bug.
So Momot is right in saying that it doesn't affect the game in a big way. Period.
It really is a storm in a tea-cup, and your moanings are ridiculous.

The internet allowing all of you to complain at the same time, you're under the impression that you're a lot, that the whole playerbase is outraged and that you're part of something large.
Well, you're not. You're just a vocal, whining micro-minority.
To date, 1.5 million people bought the game already and is playing it, and you won't hear from them, because most of them don't feel it's an issue, and those who do certainely aren't making it bigger than it actually is, unlike you.

So, should customers receive what they paid for? Totally. Should that kind of bug be fixed asap? Definitely.
Is it worth moaning and crying a river like your whole world fell into oblivion? No, it doesn't. It doesn't and it makes you sound ridiculously mental and/or juvenile.
CDPR devs are working, and they know better than you what should be done to provide stability to their software.

On that topic, as some other people already pointed out, it's safer to release everything in a clean patch than do things in a rush, just because some of you are bragging.
Should anything go wrong with the hotfix, you would be the first again to complain that CDPR is delivering rushed and untested patches.
I'm actually glad they listen to their playerbase, but without surrendering reason and wisdom to the vocal butthurts.

Get a life, seriously.

Very well said!

I agree with all your points, some of the posts on this subject sound like a kids playground, me, me me me, now now now now

There is life outside this (great) game...

I guess it says a lot about a game that people are so desperate to play it. A day or two without Witcher 3!?!? OMG kill me now. lol

How many people who are complaining about the XP bug have actually finished the game? I suspect if you all just played the game through to the end instead of complaining on the forums you'd find that the bug indeed isn't a big deal. It only seems to affect some mid game quests, but the end game showers you with so much experience that you will end up over leveled unless you avoid everything possible source of optional experience. The most I've heard from the people complaining about this is that "my friend has finished the game" and said the xp bug was bad. I haven't seen anyone say "I finished the game at level 20 because of the xp bug". Rather I've seen people say they're at level 20 while still in the mid game. Just keep playing and you'll get way more xp than you reasonably should. I got about 6 levels in 30 minutes of gameplay for easy story quests past a certain point in the game.

...... I got about 6 levels in 30 minutes of gameplay for easy story quests past a certain point in the game.

Was that with the bug or without? What was the starting and ending level? Where were you in the story when you started the 30 minute spree? And I am guessing you space bar'd through dialogue seeing as the dialogue in a single story quest can be 30 minutes? Or is this just hyperbole? Thought so.

---------- Updated at 04:27 PM ----------

.....I haven't seen anyone say "I finished the game at level 20 because of the xp bug". ....

Could this be because if they only get half a level for a whole act they stop?

---------- Updated at 04:30 PM ----------

.....Just keep playing and you'll get way more xp than you reasonably should......

That takes quite a leap of faith if you are getting little more than f. all XP currently. (like I said for a whole Act)

I gained very little experience throughout Skellige or Novigrad. I got a large amount from "now or never" but other main or secondary quests didn't give me anything. I got basically nothing from Skellige. I did get XP normally from contracts, destroying monster nests and freeing abandoned locations, which was enough to get one level in Skellige. Once I went proceeded in the main quest after finishing the events in Skellige, I more or less instantly gained 4 levels. (Level 21 to 25, if I recall) There were a few short and easy quests in that location that gave me another 2. Then serious story events happened that involved watching a lot of awesome dialogue, including both the funniest and the most touching scene in the game, so the crazy experience gain slowed down because I didn't space through all the dialogue. I'm not the only person saying this. This seems to be what most people who have actually finished the game are saying. So I repeat, just play the game. It's a lot more fun than complaining on the internet. And you will get plenty of experience, even if you don't get it for a good stretch of the game. You would know that the bug isn't a big deal if you actually played the game.

Lol i remember TESO, 1 week and 5 days to patch a NPC. we couldnt talk to him and it was required to finish the main quests and go for veteran zone ....

What is worse than "entitlement" attitude is the "I'm all right but screw everyone who's not" attitude. If you are not interested in 1.05 why are you posting on a thread with people that are? Go and enjoy the game.

I am interested in 1.05, and I clearly stated they need to fix the game. I'm not denying people's struggles, frustrations and problems, and I know some people experience more bugs than I do. I am acknowledging all this, and I already said that it's normal, as a customer (if not as a gamer), to expect problems to be fixed.

What I'm pointing out is the juvenile behaviour of some people here, and their tendancies to inflate the slightest problem to make it something it's not, to classify minor, annoying bugs as "totally game breaking and outrageous", and to claim the devs are doing a bad job because they're not serving everything on a platter the moment it's asked.
What I'm criticizing is the blatant exagerations, the gratuitous rudeness toward developers, and the displayed ignorance and misconceptions about how game development works.
I'm despising that "I want it all and I want it now" mentality - which only seems to be the norm on the forums because that's where vocal and grudged people are gathering.

There's a difference between expecting to be heard and answered, and expecting to be treated like you're royalty, with a twisted sense of entitlement.
From what I've read, you're obviously not that kind of immature person, and don't have to feel targeted by my words.

How many people who are complaining about the XP bug have actually finished the game? I suspect if you all just played the game through to the end instead of complaining on the forums you'd find that the bug indeed isn't a big deal. It only seems to affect some mid game quests, but the end game showers you with so much experience that you will end up over leveled unless you avoid everything possible source of optional experience. The most I've heard from the people complaining about this is that "my friend has finished the game" and said the xp bug was bad. I haven't seen anyone say "I finished the game at level 20 because of the xp bug". Rather I've seen people say they're at level 20 while still in the mid game. Just keep playing and you'll get way more xp than you reasonably should. I got about 6 levels in 30 minutes of gameplay for easy story quests past a certain point in the game.

I have been stuck at level 14 sense last Thursday. I’ve put about another 30ish + hours in because they said everything would be fine. I am barely 16 now and the main quest is well above my level. It is a pretty damn big deal at this point. So I started a game on death march and the bug kicked in in white orchard. Level two for a complete clear of the area.

Last edited:
I gained very little experience throughout Skellige or Novigrad. I got a large amount from "now or never" but other main or secondary quests didn't give me anything. I got basically nothing from Skellige. I did get XP normally from contracts, destroying monster nests and freeing abandoned locations, which was enough to get one level in Skellige. Once I went proceeded in the main quest after finishing the events in Skellige, I more or less instantly gained 4 levels. (Level 21 to 25, if I recall) There were a few short and easy quests in that location that gave me another 2. Then serious story events happened that involved watching a lot of awesome dialogue, including both the funniest and the most touching scene in the game, so the crazy experience gain slowed down because I didn't space through all the dialogue. I'm not the only person saying this. This seems to be what most people who have actually finished the game are saying. So I repeat, just play the game. It's a lot more fun than complaining on the internet. And you will get plenty of experience, even if you don't get it for a good stretch of the game. You would know that the bug isn't a big deal if you actually played the game.

Thanks!

That sounds very much like my experience through Skelllige (though I think Novigrad was OK for me but I have some unfinished business there). That gives me some confidence to push on. I think I have "Ugly Baby" up next.....I guess that's where stuff started coming good for you again?

I really don't mind pushing on but would hate to find that I had gimped myself :) I'd like to finish around the average level though a bit low wouldn't bother me. I feel I probably could (signs build that works well in most situations) finish quite under levelled, just don't really want to.

Thanks again for the feedback and I take back the hyperbole comment :)

If not gaining XP doesn't affect the game much then the character system you designed is a failure. You made an adventure game, not an RPG.

Exactly

I mean, sure, you can earn xp and gold through grinding and farming too and leave out all the rewards for all the quests, but that can not be the point if it should be a full-value RPG. It's like an ego-shooter without shooting - but hey you can use a melee weapon, it's not gamebreaking. If the point, the meaning, the essence of a genre gets lost by a bug - then it is a gamebreaking bug!

You perfectly summed up how XP gaining system is totally broken. Gaining 15 XP for doing a quest, while leveling up by 4 lvls for basically watching an animation is a terrible design decision and a noob-job. I would understand if some rpg-maker wannabe would do that, but not an AAA producers. Doing a sub quests during a second playthrough is a waste of time, you don't get any reward for the time spend in-game. You need to rebalace all of it CDPR, not to god damn fix some minor glitch.

Last edited:
What I'm pointing out is the juvenile behaviour of some people here, and their tendancies to inflate the slightest problem to make it something it's not, to classify minor, annoying bugs as "totally game breaking and outrageous", and to claim the devs are doing a bad job because they're not serving everything on a platter the moment it's asked.

What I'm criticizing is the blatant exagerations, the gratuitous rudeness toward developers, and the displayed ignorance and misconceptions about how game development works.

There's a difference between expecting to be heard and answered, and expecting to be treated like you're royalty, with a twisted sense of entitlement.

I had to create an account here just to respond to this garbage post... just wow.

As someone that works for a multi-billion dollar software company as a software test engineer putting together and releasing hotfixes this situation is flat out inexcusable. I would be fired immediately if I released hotfixes to our clients that introduced these types of functional regressions. Regressions that while not affecting the entire user base are game breaking for the many other paying customers that are affected. And I'm not talking about the dumb XP bug, I wish it was just that, I'm talking about infinite loading screens that I'm sorry to tell you, ARE in fact game breaking.

(And BTW - Telling someone to load an early save to win a fist fight is not a valid work around for someone that doesn't keep a full set of staggered save files or to someone that doesn't want to lose "X" many hours of game play.)

I can understand being put off by some peoples behaviors and attitudes about the entire thing but I honestly can't say I blame them. I don't know how anyone can seriously defend the developers here. I can sympathize with them in that I'm sure the testing efforts for this game are immense but that doesn't excuse any of this. The bottom line is they dropped the ball in their QA hotfix testing. There is no way 1.03 or whatever version it was that introduced these game breaking infinite loading bugs should have been released. Something that easily noticeable should of been caught by the testers prior to release and they should of held up that patch until they resolved the issues. It honestly blows my mind that 1) none of their internal testers saw this issue or 2) they saw it then decided to release it anyways. I don't know which is worse.

Either they have terrible QA testers and or inadequate testing coverage, or they are just mailing it in now that it's released and don't care if they piss off the user base with terrible regressions. Either way it's not something that should be defended by customers.

Anyone that defends this ongoing trend of game company's turning their customers into beta testers (that have to pay to beta test their software) is part of the problem. Just because some people act like whiny spoiled brats with instant gratification problems doesn't mean the developers should get a pass here. Once the developers became aware of these infinite loading bugs they should of immediately rolled back to the previous working patch until they fixed the issues with the new hotfix.

Please keep in mind that the patch is extremely large. It addresses a bunch of issues so we need to test it properly. We don't want to fix some stuff, while breaking other.

And regarding the XP glitch, as we mentioned, the lack of XP doesn't affect the game in a big way. You are still able to level your character as designed.

With all due respect Marcin, you (or someone) needs to quantify " doesn't affect the game in a big way", cause that statement without context literally means nothing to the player base. For example, for a new player to start and finish this game with and without this defect, how large of a different will there be? What will be the approx end game level in both scenarios. Players can then make their own decision as to play or not to play until the fix. The reason why there's so much uproar is cause no one knows what the impact is, and are sitting in limbo.

With all due respect Marcin, you (or someone) needs to quantify " doesn't affect the game in a big way", cause that statement without context literally means nothing to the player base. For example, for a new player to start and finish this game with and without this defect, how large of a different will there be? What will be the approx end game level in both scenarios. Players can then make their own decision as to play or not to play until the fix. The reason why there's so much uproar is cause no one knows what the impact is, and are sitting in limbo.

It's been proven on reddit and the forums about 50 times now, the couple quests you don't get XP from if you choose to "max" XP you can do side quests that would usually turn grey and get the same amount of XP. They created more side quests than you can do in the allowed levels...

---------- Updated at 10:03 AM ----------

If not gaining XP doesn't affect the game much then the character system you designed is a failure. You made an adventure game, not an RPG.

You guys are missing the core of the game it's THE STORY, do you get to choose between classes? NOPE so it's not a "get to the highest level possible" RPG. With or without the missing XP whether it's grey quests, outleveling or missing XP you can STILL play through the story and get maxed out for the content that's provided and play all the quests in the game.... SO many games are beat to bones in a week by AAA studios, it's only later when they add more content, modes or mods that you can play the lets level till I get bored game.

---------- Updated at 10:04 AM ----------

All we want is a DATE or some informations.

They gave you a date that spans sometimes this week, unless you learned how to run a full bug quality cycle at a game studio I think you are misunderstanding what they do for a living, forcing dates is what's ruining games in the first place...

---------- Updated at 10:06 AM ----------

I have been stuck at level 14 sense last Thursday. I’ve put about another 30ish + hours in because they said everything would be fine. I am barely 16 now and the main quest is well above my level. It is a pretty damn big deal at this point. So I started a game on death march and the bug kicked in in white orchard. Level two for a complete clear of the area.

So you have done all the side quests? Could we get a video or screen showing them complete so we know it's in fact a real bug and not a "just playing the main story issue".

How about I can't play due to CDT on fast travel bug on PC it means my game with 100+ hours is just sat about doing nothing since the 27 or 28th as I can't play my save game sod the no XP bug fix the CTD on fast travel bug please.

Top Bottom