Patch 1.05... where is it?

+
And regarding the XP glitch, as we mentioned, the lack of XP doesn't affect the game in a big way. You are still able to level your character as designed.

It's like saying "we are not going to give you a salary this month but you will still live". I mean, come on guys, this is not an alibi.

Please keep in mind that the patch is extremely large. It addresses a bunch of issues so we need to test it properly. We don't want to fix some stuff, while breaking other.

And regarding the XP glitch, as we mentioned, the lack of XP doesn't affect the game in a big way. You are still able to level your character as designed.

Give us an ETA. Think we deserve that much. Just say worst case. Like worst-worst case. We'd like to know, in order to be able to plan.

Thank you!

Worst case I assume would be next week for pc and a week later for console.

Could be that not all the features in the patch have past regression testing

oh my...CDPR you have my respect for sustaining AAAAAALL this whining...

being this other developer you would wait 3 weeks or a month for your first patch, so wake up "community"!

Last edited:
Its a game breaking bug. I paid for the game. They had the hotfix ready. What are you talking about. This is horrible.

Its a game breaking bug. I paid for the game. They had the hotfix ready. What are you talking about. This is horrible.

Oh stop your whining! Just accept this like an adult. You are not entitled to a working product. On another note, did you know you can buy the expansion pass? Please just do that instead of posting here!

/s

Please keep in mind that the patch is extremely large. It addresses a bunch of issues so we need to test it properly. We don't want to fix some stuff, while breaking other.

Nobody blames CDPR for taking time to test big patches, but it is not acceptable, that you already have the missing XP bug fixed and now just delaying (hot)fixes release. Wouldn't harm you to release it for PC users, since they do not have to wait for Microsoft/Sony patch certification and verification processes.

In fact you have an own distribution client: "Galaxy". No need to respect Steam, Microsoft or Sony release routines and delay anything because of them. At least your GOG customers deserve something better. Shouldn't be impossible to add features like beta patches and test environments for users that want to participate.

Btw.: Please leave it to your customers to decide whether a bug like missing XP rewards affects their game (experience) or not. After delaying the game for about a year and "optimizing" it, major bugs like this one should not even be in the game.

I waited the whole weekend for the "monday fix"...yesterday i had enough...i started playing and giving myself XP-s through console command. The game in itslef has a strange curve when Geralt a hundred years old famous witcher cannot use an everyday axe because it's +1 level than him...and a bandit without pants or a nekker is stronger than a Griffin at White Orchard...so i am just in for the story from now on...easy difficulty and xp cheat. Maybe when the enhanced edition and the two dlc comes out i will download some mods and play with it again.

I am not saying i regret that i bought the game. I still think it's a masterpiece, but a plus one month of testing would have done wonders to the game! Peace you all!

Am I the only one that expects half the people claiming to have the XP bug actually didn't get XP for a quest they never were supposed to get it in the first place?

It's not a game breaking bug. Play through the rest of the game and you will definitely get enough experience to reach a very high level. It's very frustrating to go through multiple large quests without receiving experience, but that's all it is, frustration. The end game will still be too easy regardless and you will definitely be able to use the best gear and get all the abilities you want. The people who are saying the bug is game breaking haven't actually played enough of the game to know whether it is or not. Just go ahead and play. Actually, if it weren't for this bug, I bet there would be a lot of complaints about how the game rewards far too much experience and the patch would reduce XP given for completing main quests, similarly to what happened with Pillars of Eternity.

It's not a gamebreaking bug in itself, but many are stuck, litterally. They can't jump or grab when you need it to finish a dungeon, can't fast travel at all, can't use swords or spells. Those bugs are far more important than not getting xp because honestly, the game is easy, you get overleveled easily.

Indeed, those are legitimate game breaking bugs. I think people just get so worked up about the XP bug because leveling up is a major part of what makes RPGs fun. If people don't feel like they're rewarded for what they did, they feel like it was pointless. Which leads to some pretty ridiculous comments, like one person saying they played through all of Skellige but it was pointless because they didn't get XP. But Skellige had a lot of really cool and fun quests! The content is its own reward unless you don't like the game, and in that case why are you playing it in the first place?

Rage everywere, keep calm gentlemen: CDPR take time to test this update to bring us all possibiles fixes in one patch, it's a best way to ensure the final quality results.
It's very pointless complain with hurry this update, i understand what does it mean wait to play this amazing game... the only errors of comunication it's caused by Marcin: to say that XP bug it's not a game breaking it's an insult at us intelligence (deserved...or not). If it's true all in this game is an useless, which seems rather questionable...
Cross your finger and pray for this damn patch.

Top Bottom